• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News / EM News] The Call to Arms / Caravan Ambush on Saturday and Sunday at 3:00 PM.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Call to Arms.
By WarderDragon.​

Lord Captain Jenkins of the Britannic Royal Guard requests that Citizens remain vigilant as he and his men continue to investigate the Shipments coming out of Northern Felucca.

To protect the identities of the Royal Investigators and prevent their discoveries from falling into the wrong hands the Freeborn Press has chosen not to reveal the details of their meeting at this time.

The Town Guard Regiment of New Britain and Royalist Mercenary Companies are to arm themselves and prepare to march before the end of the week. The Captain will be delivering marching orders then.

No formal requests for aid have been delivered to the Empress of Zento or the Northern Kingdoms.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [News / EM News] The Call to Arms / Caravan Ambush on Saturday and Sunday at 3:00

Weekend Events
By EMSeppo

Caravan Ambush 1 - The Old World of Felucca.

Date: Saturday, November 6th in the Year of Queen Dawn 2010.

Time: 3:00 PM PST Paws Standard Time / 6:00 PM EST Emporium Standard Time.

(Formal Announcement Pending. Will be updated.)

Caravan Ambush 2 - The New World of Trammel

Date: Sunday, November 7th in the Year of Queen Dawn 2010.

Time: 3:00 PM PST / 6:00 PM EST.

(Formal Announcement Pending. Will be updated.)

Special Note: I reckon this is the weekend when many of you will turn their Clocks. I have yet to ascertain exactly when this happens but make sure that it does not catch you off guard.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Re: [News / EM News] The Call to Arms / Caravan Ambush on Saturday and Sunday at 3:00

Interesting slip overhead today:

WildStar

G

Gilthas

Buuuuh...? Same event, different facets? Or different events?

Either way, I'll be there for both!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Intercepting the Blackrock Caravan
EMSeppo

(IC.)

*The contents of this message have been distibuted to various Guardsman and Mercenary Companies throughout Greater Britannia.*

To Captain Jenkins,

As promised, I deliver! My usual contact, from the people you claim to be smugglers, met with me last evening. He informed me that his people will be bringing a caravan of FOUR to FIVE pack horses at approximately 3:00 PM PST Saturday, November 06th. As usual, they will stop at the stables for some the animals to rest and eat.

I hope this will prove to you my loyalty towards the crown, and earn me pardon for any earlier transgressions.

- Zenya,
Old Minoc Stable Mistress.

Citizens, please gather at Minoc Stables in Felucca to intercept the blackrock caravan. I will send one of my officers to lead our forces.

- Captain Jenkins,
Britannian Royal Guard.

(OOC.)

Note: For the sake of simplicity, the caravan will not actually be leaving from the camp in T2A / Lost Lands. I would recommend waiting at the stables as discussed and listening to the Officer in Charge.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i would like to invoke my right to the "The First Amendment" and say this event was poorly planned and shouldnt have had any business in fel, and if it should venture in fel again..make it somewhere lets see ummm less guardzone friendly?

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I saw some people complaining about this.

I have few things to point out

1) An event in Felucca does not imply outside of guard zone, or PvP. Felucca is a world with a rich history, it is not an instance for PvP (only). There are plenty of people who *play* in Felucca for reasons other than PvP.

2) An event in Felucca allows players who might be red to also participate, regardless of whether or not it is in guard zone. It also allows thieves to steal, which was quite a useful skill in this event if you happened to be a thief with a mind for snooping.

3) An event in Felucca allows various functionality that are quite important behind the scenes. Some things are impossible in Trammel. Thats yet another reasons to do events that are not exclusively geared towards PvP in Felucca.

In summary, if the plot requires an event to be in Fel, then it will be exactly there. This event had nothing to do with mindless PvP.

HOWEVER,

You could have taken interest in the plot and tried to hire yourself to Gideon who is running the camp in T2A. If you had attempted to do that, then you would have made yourself as part of the plot. Instead of having orc trappers guarding the caravan, Gideon would have called upon your aid. But, if you are only looking for an excuse to kill players without any rhyme or reason, then this was definitely not an event for you. Yew gate is always better for such things.

I hope you understand what I am trying to convey.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i would like to invoke my right to the "The First Amendment" and say this event was poorly planned and shouldnt have had any business in fel, and if it should venture in fel again..make it somewhere lets see ummm less guardzone friendly?
Yup, if you call having 5% of the event 12 tiles outside gz and then 95% inside gz a "fel event" then you can gladly keep them in trammel, whats the point? Was this a "LOOK! We did a fel event!" event? Cause it sure as heck seemed like it.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could have taken interest in the plot and tried to hire yourself to Gideon who is running the camp in T2A. If you had attempted to do that, then you would have made yourself as part of the plot. Instead of having orc trappers guarding the caravan, Gideon would have called upon your aid. But, if you are only looking for an excuse to shoot at players without any rhyme or reason, then this was definitely not an event for you. Yew gate is always better for such things.
I'll bite, yes we could have. The blue players there could have also grouped together to fight off the 1-3 people attacking the 20+ people. Whats your point?

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That would have been the case regardless.

G

Gilthas

It's likely that I missed something that happened in the past that would help me understand this, but how would one have "volunteered" to help Gideon? I didn't see any clues or suggestions that this was possible.

I'm assuming the thief part was in regard to the pack horses. I think someone managed to snoop them and saw that there was something weird in there. I don't remember who it was, though.

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You are correct. There was/is no obvious way to "join" Gideon. But we are always looking for players who might want to join a certain side. The best way to get our attention to this is by actually playing that role within the game. If that does not get our attention, then ask one of our excellent news reporters to interview you or make a post about it. Something to keep in mind for future.

The entire Gideon plot is just a mini-arc intended to throw up the monthly PvP focused event related to ownership of his camp. Yes, we could make life easier for ourselves and just say "Fight over this camp" but...

G

Gilthas

Ahhh, I see...I didn't even think that was possible. Much different than the days of old when the robes carried the title Seer. ;)

They just didn't do that sort of thing.

I like it!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

i would like to invoke my right to the "The First Amendment"
They do not apply on a private forum... Stratics goes well beyond the United States.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You could have taken interest in the plot and tried to hire yourself to Gideon who is running the camp in T2A. If you had attempted to do that, then you would have made yourself as part of the plot. Instead of having orc trappers guarding the caravan, Gideon would have called upon your aid. But, if you are only looking for an excuse to kill players without any rhyme or reason, then this was definitely not an event for you. Yew gate is always better for such things.

even IF we hired ourselves out..it's GUARDZONE..what are we gonna do? watch? lol im just saying..if a event is in fel, no matter where it shouldnt be able to be lured to a damn guardzone..

EMSeppo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You clearly missed the point. For you Felucca is nought but an instance to PvP. As long as you think in that manner, it will be difficult.

However, if there were actually players volunteering to guard the caravan,

The "blues" would have not been able to "lure" you back into the Guard Zone. Failing that, the caravan would have consistently moved back towards T2A and away from the guard zone.

Most likely, if there were players guarding the caravan, we would have picked a different location as then PvP would have been inherent to the plot. Not simply reds strolling in and killing for no reason.

However, since there were no players we had to pick a starting location which would have not turned into a battlefield before the event even began.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"This event had nothing to do with mindless PvP. "

ouch mar... did you hear that ? lol

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"This event had nothing to do with mindless PvP. "

ouch soul... did you hear that ? lol
Everyone knows vy doesn't pvp, all dood does is fish, look at his vendor.

G

Gilthas

Pt. 2 is today in...oh, five minutes...throne room. Be there!