• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]EM NEWS - February 20 Meet and Greet Recap

Origin News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Results of Saturday, February 20, 2010
Meet & Greet
With EM Faine Morgan and EM Molly O'Malley
And special appearance by Mesanna​

EM Faine Morgan explained the Event Moderators have been furnished a new tool, and that she and EM Molly O'Malley wanted to give us a test run of the new toy as 'you guys are always so good about saying thank you, it seems just sort of rude of us to toss you off the roof without saying you're welcome ... fun, but rude. * grins *

There are things that everyone gets from time to time ... like the cloaks, pies, etc. We'd also like a chance to talk to you before we pitch you over the side of the house, so we have a new toy to make things like that easier. There will still be times when items drop at events, special things related to the events. But there will also be times when we want to give a token to everyone, and that's what the new toy is for.'

With that being explained, we lined up for a 'test run' of the new toy. However, the test run of the toy had a glitch ... it was 'broken'!

Mesanna arrived, and in no time had everything working as planned!

The toy is actually a tool to help our EMs. When items are to be distributed to everyone, the statues of EM Faine Morgan and EM Molly O'Malley can be set to drop items into players' packs, thus freeing up the EMs to visit and interact with players at meetings. At this trial run, the statues were set to drop sashes made by EM Faine and EM Molly. Please note: The statues will not be activated at all times, nor will they replace the special event drops, and they can not be used by trial accounts.​

EM Molly O'Malley then opened up a comment, question and answer session:​

Question: When is the next part of the story arc?
Answered by Mesanna: Very soon​

Question: Any hints when we search again for Donal?
Answered by EM Molly O'Malley and EM Faine Morgan: Oh, we have something awesome planned for you this time. There will be information within the next 10 days.​

Comment: I want to rebuild Magincia.
Reply by Mesanna: We all do! It's going to be part of the arc​

Question: Why can't gargoyles wear sashes?
Answered by Mesanna: You will be able to wear your sash soon.​

Question: Is a spring cleaning event coming up?
Answered by Mesanna: I want to do a Britannia event like the one 9-10 years ago.​

Question: Any plans for blackrock?
Answered by Mesanna: Yes.​

Question: Any hints?
Answered by Mesanna: No.​

Question for Mesanna: There's just one of you for all the servers?
Answered by Mesanna: Yes, that is correct.​

When asked a dev type question, EM Faine Morgan quickly reinforced all players are encouraged to ask questions --- The EMs will answer any questions they can; and will try to direct you to the right source if they can not answer a question.​

Sara's Note: There is a 'Ask The Devs' thread on the Stratics UHall Forum. Before posting there, be sure to read 'FAQ: The Purpose of this Forum'.​

While chatting with the players, Mesanna's powers and sense of humor were often displayed:​

At this display, Crystal, know for her passion for pink, wondered, 'Did I die and go to UO heaven?'​

Mesanna added special a Feets Warmers for goblins by the fireplace at the Counselor Hall, which Zuma HappyHeart greatly appreciated.

Mesanna picked up on Crystal Canyon's belief that all in-game crystal items are named for her:

And renamed our EMs:

A special message from EM Faine Morgan and EM Molley O'Malley:
It was an honor and a pleasure to have Mesanna be able to spend time visiting at the Meet & Greet. We would like to thank everyone for being so polite to her. Thank you all for being so GREAT to her! That's what we love about this shard!

For those who don't know, Mesanna's job title is - UO Associate Producer

posted by Sara of Baja

More...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A great big thank you to Falseprophet for furnishing cookies at the Meet & Greet! :pancakes:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The addition of these statues intrigues me to no end.

I never did get pie. :/

D

Dreamweaver68

I just wanna state that I apprieciate the drastic improvment in the EM program on origin in the last 2 years. Keep it up!

C

Crystal Canyon

The Statues were one of the greatest idea so far!

The "Meet and Greet" was fantastic and as usual, Em Faine and Em Molly added much amusement with their antics, only this time they had additional help from Mesanna. :lol: She was a trip to say the least!

There is simply no denying that we have the best Ems in the game. Absolutely none!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jinx was kind enough to send this screenshot of a Mesanna-style display taken on Baja in February 2008.