• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] EM Event-Miners and Warriors Needed!!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miners and Warriors Needed!!

Good citizens of Napa! I, Fredrick Clairmount, have discovered something very exciting! Shadow ore that has been mined in the Orc Cave holds special properties which could be useful in the making of weapons and armor! To create the weapons and armor, much experimentation is still needed... which means large amounts of shadow ingots will be used. To obtain the ingots needed I'm going to need your help.

If you are willing, meet me at West Brit Bank, Wednesday (7/8/09) at 7:00 pst.

Signed,

Fredrick Clairmount

K

kalzaketh

otis, one smalish, change to your party plan might ensure greater success, instead of warriors ask arcanists to be alarger part as the ability to charm the orcs into unwilling guards maybe alarger plus to your group if meeting at wbb there is ared arcane circle upon the ground now agroup of arcanists could possibly do afocus group also raising the success rate of the operation, hope this helps all :)

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry for the confusion! lol, this isnt my event! this one comes from our EM! but definitly a good idea

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG, job thief!!!!

Ok, seriously, thanks for posting it, I was sitting at the hospital ALLLLLL freaking morning :<

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i got this yesterday and thought i should post it cuz its for wed! lmao..sorry about that!! everythings ok i hope!!!, ill msg ya

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, i used to farm the Orc Brutes in there for Magic Platemail before AoS. They always gave a piece of Magic Platemail, and a Magic War Mace. Got a full set of Ind/Invuln Plate from them and a Ind/Exceedingly Acc/Vanq War Mace off them. 95 AR with Arch Protect on was godly. Then AoS came out and made it crap :(
Gargoyle Destroyers were good for Vanq Axes too.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So was the hag quest and you didn't look like a nooblet killing gargoyle destroyers...
Hag Quest gave random ****. I still have a Dur/Silver/Power Dagger with 66 Weakness Charges from it. Hag Quest was alot easier than killing Gargoyle Destroyers too, and newbs were doing the hag quest because it was so easy. Run down the road until Zeefzorpul appears, go back to hag, go kill a bunch of Imps, use a runebook marked with Zeefzorpul's spots, play the Magic flute, go back to hag, run around killing weak wildlife for body parts for the recipe, go back to hag, done.
Gargoyle Destroyers always dropped a Magic Axe. Between Orc Brutes for Magic Platemail/Magic War Mace, and Gargoyle Destroyers for Magic Axes, my GM Macer and GM LJ Warrior were set. This was back when GM Macers still busted the hell out of people's armor and ****d Stamina while doing tons of damage, and GM LJ Warriors did tons of damage and Concussion Blow, which royally screwed Mages back then.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hag Quest gave random ****. I still have a Dur/Silver/Power Dagger with 66 Weakness Charges from it. Hag Quest was alot easier than killing Gargoyle Destroyers too, and newbs were doing the hag quest because it was so easy. Run down the road until Zeefzorpul appears, go back to hag, go kill a bunch of Imps, use a runebook marked with Zeefzorpul's spots, play the Magic flute, go back to hag, run around killing weak wildlife for body parts for the recipe, go back to hag, done.
Gargoyle Destroyers always dropped a Magic Axe. Between Orc Brutes for Magic Platemail/Magic War Mace, and Gargoyle Destroyers for Magic Axes, my GM Macer and GM LJ Warrior were set. This was back when GM Macers still busted the hell out of people's armor and ****d Stamina while doing tons of damage, and GM LJ Warriors did tons of damage and Concussion Blow, which royally screwed Mages back then.
Yeah dude, we all know how game mechanics worked back then. Thanks for another of your long winded pointlessly drawn out explanations of the obvious.

And only nooblets hunted the garbage you're talking about. Which was only in Tramland.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of the few mistakes and the EM's not socializing after the event! it wasn't that bad..
if there is anyone to be pissed at here! it would have to be Casca and possibly Maya Demeter!
if you recall, Maya Demeter showed up during the mining screaming for everyone to stop and how the ore belonged to the orcs ( seems she was raised by orcs) then vanished!, then your King Casca shows up and demands the ore that you all worked for!! Fredrick Clairmount refuses! Casca go's on to say that he is lord of the land! the ore is on his land and therefore the ore belongs to him aswell as anything else he wants!, then vanished!...then of course while running in front of the castle! Fredrick Clairmount vanished....so to sum it up!, kinda looks like Maya went and snitched on us to Casca and then after refusing to hand the ore over..Fredrick Clairmount went missing CIA style.