• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] EM Cernunnos Surprises Catskills Players!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning a new shield was found locked down in the Britain Councilors (EM) Hall, on it was written “Cernunnos Will be Here 8:00 Eastern, Thursday 4/2”. At the appointed time a small group of players had gathered waiting to see what Cernunnos wanted. Cernunnos appeared and chatted to the group for a short time. During that time he spent a little while taking in a few questions from those gathered and asking a few to them in return. He then said he has a surprise for everyone and asked them to follow him outside. Once there he opened a gate and ushered everyone into it.

On the other side of the gate the first thing people noticed was a new building under construction. Cernunnos then declared that the new building was the foundation for Catskills Rewards Hall. Because there were complaints about how EM rewards were given out to players. It was decided that be that most of the new EM event rewards will now be displayed in a museum rather than being handed out to the players. All the shards will have their own version of the Rewards Hall because this will be the standard policy for all shards.

EM Cernunnos then asked for some help with a special project for the new Catskills Reward Hall to help make it the best one out of them all. He pointed out three crates and asked the group to encourage people to donate Plants (such as nice flowers), or other tasteful decorations, to help decorate the Hall and the area around it. The three crates can be found in the middle of the new structures floor and a rune to the Rewards Hall can be found placed on the ground outside the Councilors (EM) Hall in Britain.

So let us work together to make our new Rewards Hall the best out of them all by dropping off pretty plants and nice decorations. This is a shard wide effort so fill those three crates to the top and show that we are the best community out of all the shards!

Also I want to include the following statement by EM Cernunnos in picture form.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While discussing with EM Cernunnos what may be included in the fairgrounds the subject of what a proper jousting field should look like. It was then decided to visit the PGoH area because they had one there. I just wanted to thank the PGoH again for putting up with the unannounced visit by our group and answering the questions that we had.

After that we visited the United Pirates (UP) area to see their black market and the Jolly Rogers Tavern. (Both of which will be used this Saturday for their planned events.) I would also want to thank them too for the unplanned tour. (I left some gold behind to cover any damages caused by Rob… Sorry for him too.)

I want to thank both groups again for putting up with our visits and humoring us.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to empty the boxes with donations i went through today and filled them up with lots of goodies some from years ago to present time items hopefully this helps

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Er, did I really make that much of a mess? :( I honestly thought I was hitting the dartboard. I hope that the barkeep in the Jolly Roger Inn recovers. I swear I didn't mean to hit him with that last throw. :(

-Rob

S

SwordBlaze

It was decided that be that most of the new EM event rewards will now be displayed in a museum rather than being handed out to the players.
....dumb.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember many moons ago we had a Stratics guild for reporters and a Hall on Napa. I like that the EM's are making a permanent place to record what they do with the community.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember many moons ago we had a Stratics guild for reporters and a Hall on Napa.
Most shards do have a guild for Stratics Staff, I was part of the Catskills guild till I left it when I was planning to retire from reporting. Lord Franklin is the GM of the guild and has not been active in game in a very long time. The bad news is I think he is the only one left in that guild.

**Dreams of retirement, A small 7x7 on a lake.. fishing all day.. drinking all night.** *Sighs*

S

Shioni

....dumb.
The only thing dumb is the house being placed directly over a tree... for gods sake there is 10 tiles west of the house thats free and clear besides a single rock and he pots it on top a tree!? lol

M

Mustarik

The original Catskills reporters' guild was UOS waayyyy back when Obsidian was head honcho. And, like Franklin, fell into the Scribner's Void which is the fate of all Catskills reporters. The guild house was a small wood house along the road between the Abbey and Courthouse in Yew [Felucca].

Museums come and go. And when they go, the artifacts that go with them are either lost, moved to some bank box and that player eventually leaves, locked down in another house, or moved to another shard altogether. So, yes, a proper museum (with the history of the artifacts intact) can only be assured with assistance by an EM. Though it would be nice to have Vesper Museum for this purpose, it's understandable that a new structure would be built.

R

rockkandy

there is a hall built on lake superior already if anyone would like to stop by and see it. There is a rune on the stage to the north of the bagball field (just south of Luna) and people are always in the area to lend a gate. It's nothing special and the "trophies" are kinda lame

**edit** the fairgrounds is also constructed and kinda dull