• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Detective Jayden Marcus, Our Esteemed Royal Guard, And A Band Of Miscreants!

Napa Valley News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings fellow Britannians!

The evenings call to the castle started much as always. Early arrivals mixing with the harried late, all of them speculating on the outcome for the night. Also, true to form, let me not forget to mention the ever present, dissenting spectators calling out, "Fraud! Fake!"

Though there was one individual present who did seem to have a wish to be beheaded. Sir Tedley, not exactly a stranger in Napa Valley, nor is his cry of foul something we have not all heard. I only found it a bit daring to be shouting at this particular assembly, where it was rumored that a Detective for the Queen would be present.

Perhaps Sir Tedley held to his beliefs so strongly that he neither cared, nor feared what might come from his tirades?

The detective himself finally arrived, sauntering out with purpose. His stride, confident. His carriage, most dashing. He quickly assessed the crowd, sparing Sir Tedley the occasional scowl. Both Queen Dawn and Queen Zhah had requested, and authorized his investigation. The mutations, Professor Jenkins, and the core truth behind them all was a question in need of answers for both sides. I must suppose that with Lady Maya out of the way, and Gorn, now drinking himself into oblivion, a new avenue of searching was most apt.

The handsome Detective, Jayden Marcus, had been briefed on the Guards past adventures, and after a quick round of questioning, he set out, with us in tow, to see the beginning location. As the Guard piled in through the gate, both the sand and a band of Ronin stuck to us at once. The fight was harrowing and extremely violent, to say the least. It didn't help that the Ronin themselves were particularly skilled at dodging attacks. Not to mention their disconcerting cries and quick teleporting that had us all running around in confusion.

As I wandered in and out of the fighting areas, I noticed strange boxes set in strategic locations throughout the dock area. All of them magically sealed. Several members of the Guard attempted unlocking spells, and other incantations, but the boxes remained shut tight. I, myself, caught that wayward fiend, King Fisher, attempting to pick his way inside one box, and later he was scoping out a second, though pretending patriotism. For shame!

It wasn't until the first Ronin fell, his body showing a strange green pigment much like the mutations, that we were able to ascertain the boxes contents. A strange, explosive cloud jetting out from one of the boxes, signaled the fall of whatever enchantment held it closed. Thus having learned the secret, the battling continued until remaining Ronin were destroyed, slowly releasing the magic on all five boxes.

Within each box lay a book. The books themselves were nothing special, though opening them revealed a strange hint of something dire. They seemed to be directed at the Guard. Clues that almost seemed to be laughing at our attempts, while subtly hinting at some greater scheme.

It wasn't quick, and it wasn't easy but all came back safely, ready to discuss the clues with the great Detective Marcus. With such disturbing news, he left quickly to report back to the Queens. There were several who were a bit disappointed at his abruptness, yet as a reporter, I expected such. As with all Detectives, they gather intel, and disappear, leaving everyone to wonder, question, and imagine with little to go on.

Reminds me of a Detective I once admired who always said, "The facts, Ma'am, only the facts." He would jot them down, and walk away. He was a very diligent detective.

We have not heard the last of Detective Jayden Marcus. Perhaps his perspective will gain us new leads as to who and where our foe might be. Our great community will need to remain vigilant, and ready for any and all calls for aid. The time is near Napa Valley, we will have our culprit yet!

Best Gaming Wishes,
Salya Sin

More...

S

Salya Sin

Re: [News]Detective Jayden Marcus, Our Esteemed Royal Guard, And A Band Of Miscreants

This is a bit late all... it's been a very busy few days... my apologies!

-Sin

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [News]Detective Jayden Marcus, Our Esteemed Royal Guard, And A Band Of Miscreants

Reminds me of a Detective I once admired who always said, "The facts, Ma'am, only the facts." He would jot them down, and walk away. He was a very diligent detective.
An old Joe Friday fan :lol:. lol

S

Salya Sin

An old Joe Friday fan :lol:. lol
Tee hee... Oh yeah! I love Dragnet... well... any Detective series, TV or Book. (Just in case anyone missed the flowery prose aimed at Napa's newest character.) Now if only the EM's would allow Salya to wed the poor investigator, UO style... I'd be happy! LOL... I'm pathetic... I know.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i feel sorry fior are new queen zhah shes being miss led from this fake queen and queen zhah should recongnise a fake queen when she sees it exspeacially being named queen from just a house hold mouse ? someone in the kings guard say ummm like the lt of the guards should have named the queen not a mouse
wheather im at wrong in my beleaves or not this is wrong , even a real queen wouldnt lead us to areas where wed die all the time everytime she yells thats all that happens .
we need a new real queen . and i stand by my words , QUEEN DAWN is a fake ........