• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Designing With Rubble

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
<center>[*]
[*]
[*]

*Lady Lava takes a respite in her Luna Manse as the flames flicker outside, results of revenge on a traitor.*</center>

<BLOCKQUOTE>Rubble is old news......or is it? Dragons and purple bunnies seem to be the hot topics these days but rubble made a big impact in our realm, especially in design. The first great design I witnessed using rubble was on Great Lakes in the MOA library. A shipwreaked, beached ship scenerio was masterfully done.

Since that day I have seen some truly great design with rubble and many were/are on Catskills. The MOP Museum and its large rubble tables make it hard for anyone to be more impressive with rubble.
(If you make a trip there be sure to check out the rooftop with its wonderful perfectly placed large rubble trees giving the garden a shady place safe from the harsh rays of the sun). However I have no doubt Leigh on Catskills could outdo the best. Several months ago she gave me a tour of her Catskills creative endeavor and her power room and kitchen are the best I have seen in years and I have seen hundreds of those types of rooms.

<center>
</center>

The owner of the Temple of Zento on Great Lakes was redesigning the temple shortly after rubble appeared in our realm and he actually used rubble in support beams and walls.

<center>

* a vignette of the Temple as it stands today *</center>

It seems plants had a revival with rubble. I have fond memories when horticulture first was made available to us. The new plants gave new ideas and enhanced many a garden. Ren's Vesper Shore Shops on Catskills is a perfect example of that as well as The Peaceful Garden on Great Lakes. CanaCabana on Catskills showcases a log and stumps nicely.

<center>

</center>

If you have a design using rubble you are proud of please send a screenshot my way for a future article and happy designing !