• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Cupid's Special Valentine Event Recap

Origin News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturday, February 13, 2010, Cupid called everyone together at the Counselor's Hall for a Special Event.

Cupid began to explain: 'I had planned to call you all here today and give you a little token in honor of Valentine's Day -- MY favorite day of the year -- obviously. However, it would seem there's been a little * grumbles * hiccup in my plan.'

Poor little Zuma HappyHeart was quick to exclaim, 'I didnts touch nuffin!'

After peering closely at Zuma HappyHeart, Cupid decided Zuma had not been a culprit involved with the hiccup, and continued on, saying, 'You see, it takes a very special sort to do what I do. You can't just go around randomly shooting Arrows of Love at just any two people ... well, you could, but then I'd be out of a job! It takes planning and an understanding of what makes two people compatible. SOME people seem to think, however, that ANYONE can do what I do, which brings me to our 'hiccup'.

The silly Thief of Hearts has wanted my job for years. Now, I ask you, how on earth can a Thief know what makes two people fall in love? I mean, really, running around stealing hearts and scattering them willy, nilly all over the lands? It's just not right!

Alright, anyway, to make a long story short, I was setting up your gifts last night when the Thief of Hearts showed up and the same old argument started again ... blah blah blah, I'm better than you, blah blah blah! Next thing I knew, he grabs the boxes and *poofs*. (VERY rude of him in my opinion.) I guess he thought he was cute by leaving clues to what he'd done with them. So, he took the boxes and scattered them to the four winds and beyond and left only clues to what he did with them which I can't seem to make heads nor tails of. But, really, what do you expect from a Thief of Hearts? I mean anyone that would STEAL a heart!

So, I'll make you all a deal ... I'll leave the clues here, if you can unravel the clue, find the box and recover proof that you found the box, I'll reward you. Mind you, the Thief of Hearts has his minions watching over the boxes so you'll need to deal with them before you can obtain your proof. But, I'm guessing that shouldn't be very hard.

I will return here every two hours and check on your progress. At that time, I will exchange any proof you have and update you on how many total are yet to be found. You need to know, however, that I will only reward a person once! If not all are recovered today (February 13), I will meet you again tomorrow, and every two hours after that until all boxes are found. I'm afraid I must warn you if the boxes are not found by tomorrow eve, they will be lost forever. And then there will be all sorts of paperwork I'll have to fill out and reports to be done.

Does everyone understand the mission? I'm putting my faith in you all so my poor fingers don't get tired from all the writing -- reports in triplicate are never fun!'

With that being said, Cupid secured books containing the clues the Thief of Hearts had left behind ... 50 clues in locations scattered throughout Trammel, Felucca, Ilshenar, Ter Mur, Malas, and Tokuno. The group quickly set about reading the clues and finding locations. When a box was found and the guarding minions defeated, the box could be opened and the certificate removed.

As promised, Cupid returned every two hours to exchange personalized Valentine Bears for the certificates, and to update the participants on the remaining number of boxes to be found. By Valentine's Day morning, all boxes had been found, saving Cupid the laborious job of filling out reports in triplicate.

Thank you to EM Faine Morgan, EM Molly O'Malley and Cupid for this special Valentine's Day! Oh, and a great big thank you to the Thief of Hearts for creating the initial havoc ... without you, the event would not have happened!

Link to UO - Origin Events The Thief of Heart Clues and Cupid Event Locations

posted by Sara of Baja

More...