• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]Corporal Brackus Honors Guardsman Calyndrell

• Thread starter Baja News
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Baja News

Official Decree by Corporal Brackus

Let it be known unto all throughout the realm that for the remainder of this evening, Saturday, March 6, 2010, including the event taking place at the Castle this evening with Queen Dawn, guardsman Calyndrell is hereby acting as "Honorary" Corporal Calyndrell in Corporal Brackus' place. Brackus will assume the rank of a regular town guard for tonight's event and ALL orders will be given by Corporal Calyndrell instead.

NOTE: Corporal Brackus has bestowed this honor upon Guardsman Calyndrell as Calyndrell will be unable to defend Britain for several months as he is soon to be deployed to serve his country in the foreign land of Afghanistan.

God speed, Calyndrell. Baja shall be awaiting your safe return!

posted by Sara of Baja

More...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal,
Here's a :hug: for you , a :smoochon the left cheek, then a :smooch on the right check! (And here's hoping your wife isn't :eyes: the jealous type!)

Be safe!
Sara

Mesanna honoring Calyndrell with the 'Acting Corporal' title before the start of the Mesanna/Yattering/Goblin finale'.

E

elf_biscuit

Seconding everything that Sara said! Our prayers are with you and your loved ones, Calyndrell.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Corporal Calyndrell!

The honor of being a town guard is not just in the title, but in knowing that your service is a valuable addition to Baja itself.

Good luck and safe travels, Corporal Calyndrell.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Godspeed and God keep you safe, Calyndrell. Return to us soon and know that all of you serving are in my family's prayers. *deep respectful curtsy*

T

Town Guard Leithia

In the garb of old Gaul, with the fire of old Rome.
From the heath-covered mountains of Scotia we come;
Where the Romans endeavored our country to gain,
But our ancestors fought, and they fought not in vain.

Such our love of liberty, our country, and our laws,
That, like our ancestors of old, we stand by freedom's cause;
We'll bravely fight, like heroes bright, for honor and applause,
And defy the French, with all their arts, to alter our laws.

No effeminate customs our sinews embrace,
No luxurious tables enervate our race;
Our loud-sounding pipe bears the true martial strain,
So do we the old Scottish valor retain.

As a storm in the ocean when Boreas blows,
So are we enraged when we rush on our foes;
We sons of the mountains, tremendous as rocks,
Dash the force of our foes with our thundering strokes.

We're tall as the oak on the mount of the vale,
Are swift as the roe which the hound doth assail,
As the full moon in autumn our shields do appear,
Minerva would dread to encounter our spear.

Quebec and Cape Breton, the pride of old France,
In their troops fondly boasted till we did advance;
But when our claymores they saw us produce,
Their courage did fail, and they sued for a truce.

In our realm may the fury of faction long cease,
May our councils be wise and our commerce increase,
And in Scotia's cold climate may each of us find,
That our friends still prove true and our beauties prove kind.

Then we'll defend our liberty, our country, and our laws,
And teach our late posterity to fight in freedom's cause,
That they like our ancestors bold, for honor and applause,
May defy the French, with all their arts, to alter our laws.

Nemo me impune lacessit

*Salutes*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cal be safe hun. You and yours shall be in our prayers. I have a brother in law over there, and worry about him constantly.

*hugs*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Cal!

It's great seeing you in-game and of course having the honor of playing with you and Sphinx and getting to know both of you. My positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe, and just know that we've got you in our thoughts and prayers always. Take care, brother. I'm definitely going to drink an entire bottle of sake in your name for a safe, healthy, and timely return! :beer:

C

Calyndrell

Thanks all of you.. on the upside my dates have been pushed back until the 21st.

Although leithia Did you know "Nemo me Impune Lacessit" Is the regimental Motto of the Scots guards (the regiment I am in)? Just thought it ironic of all phrases you used it happened to be so appropriate.

Again thanks all of you

T

Town Guard Leithia

Thanks all of you.. on the upside my dates have been pushed back until the 21st.

Although leithia Did you know "Nemo me Impune Lacessit" Is the regimental Motto of the Scots guards (the regiment I am in)? Just thought it ironic of all phrases you used it happened to be so appropriate.

Again thanks all of you
Yes Sir I did know that.. after a search to find the correct one anyways. I thought the regimental slow march for the Scots Guards was 'In the Garb of Old Gaul'. I apologize if that was incorrect.

Glad to hear we're going to have you around a few more weeks.

C

Calyndrell

Thanks to all of you, I am just getting dressed and saying my final good byes before i leave today. Keep well m friends *cheesy arnie voice* I will be back

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all of you, I am just getting dressed and saying my final good byes before i leave today. Keep well m friends *cheesy arnie voice* I will be back
Be safe, and hurry home!
The street light will be on til you get back! * smiles *

T

Town Guard Leithia

Get yer butt back here quickly!
:heart:

Nec aspera terrent