• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Coronation of Queen Dawn!

L

Lady Mana

Bob the Royal Herald unrolls a scroll and clears his throat:

Attention Citizens of Britannia! This Sunday (10/25) Lady Dawn will be crowned our Queen!

For such a grand Lady a grand festival is needed! Some of you may have noticed fair grounds being built east of Luna! This is where the Coronation will be held as well as the celebration events following the crowning of Lady Dawn.

The Royal Coronation Committee requests citizens and guilds of Napa who are willing to host an event to contact them at [email protected] Please include the name of your event, a brief description and any time frames the event might have. Your event can be as simple as a drunken dagger contest to as complex as a bag ball tournament. Anything goes.
Bob the Royal Herald unrolls a second scroll:

Attention Tamers of Britannia! This Sunday (10/25) Lady Dawn will be crowned our Queen! She intends to visit the Moonglow zoo. What animals she will get to see will be up to you!
The Coronation will be held at 2 pm PST. Any activities planned need to done before or after that time please. The Coronation will be Held in the large tent with the stage aka The Royal Theater. Please feel free to roam the Fairgrounds and speak with some of the denizens. Most have something to say. :)

Sunday, October 25 Events:

12:00pm PST Chicken Brawl at the Fel pvp arena http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164618

2:00pm PST The Coronation of Lady Dawn at the Luna Fairgrounds http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164334

2:30pm PST Archery contest at the Luna Fairgrounds

3:00 Wedding of Lord Kurdren & Lady Saphire at the Luna Fairgrounds
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164598

3:30pm PST Tour of Moonglow Zoo by Queen Dawn

3:45pm PST Games in the Luna Fairground Game Tent (free ale and wine will be provided)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WUF! Short notice, eh?!?!?

SEE ANOTHER POST BELOW FOR RELATED EVENT HOSTED BY NVG!!

D

Drazasamus

an imposter to the throne... or the new monarch... take your pick

D

dielock

We either accept her or kill her. I believe we should accept her. Providing she keeps her stupid government nose out of my business and leaves my medical alone.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
We either accept her or kill her. I believe we should accept her. Providing she keeps her stupid government nose out of my business and leaves my medical alone.
Leave your medical alone! As I remember it Lord British provided free Goverment sponsored Health care to everyone in the Realm. All you had to do was go see him. :)

I look forward to the reign of Lady Dawn as we await the return of Lord British.

*Tips a Glass of Ale in Salute to his old friend Lord British*

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Attention Citizens of Britannia! This Sunday (10/25) Lady Dawn will be crowned our Queen!
!
[/QUOTE]

Okay women this is your chance for glory! If this works i would be willing to vote a woman for president of the United States of America. But if not and im serious when i say this.....I will vote for a canadian to be president of this great country before i vote for a woman!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay women this is your chance for glory! If this works i would be willing to vote a woman for president of the United States of America. But if not and im serious when i say this.....I will vote for a canadian to be president of this great country before i vote for a woman!
[/QUOTE]

*cough* :redx::flame: ILL DO IT!!...wtf's with the quotes not working?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Went to see the fairgrounds... nice and pretty. Purple must be Dawn's fave color...

Of note, had a nice chat with one of the EMs who was there... I'm gonna host something for this coronation... :) I just hope I can get the venue I want... and I dunno where to post details, or even if I should.....

gimme a bone here...

:please:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
REAL CHICKEN HIGH NOON SHOWDOWN

Bring out your best-trained chickens for a high-noon showdown in celebration of Dawn's Coronation.

LOCATION: EM PVP Arena (Felucca) - Go to the EM Award House and enter through the nearby red gate. Runes are floating around in Luna & the WBB.
REGISTRATION: Begins at 11:45 and ends promptly at 11:55 (BEFORE Dawn's coronation)
START TIME: High noon (of course!) PAC (shard time)

PARTICULARS:
Only REAL Chickens (no chicken lizards or battle chicken lizards)
Audience will be allowed, but no assisting of the chickens!
Anyone disrupting the event will be banned by the gods (so sayeth the gods)

Attendees must bring their own chicken
1 Chicken per participant
No healing of any chickens will be allowed
ONLY chickens may participate - no llamas, dragons, or any other type of creature

All fighting chicken owners will register their chicken with Kirth Dorn before being allowed in the pit area
Non-registered chickens will not be allowed.
The owner of the last chicken standing will win 300k gold!

O

OxAO

Leave your medical alone! As I remember it Lord British provided free Goverment sponsored Health care to everyone in the Realm. All you had to do was go see him. :)

I look forward to the reign of Lady Dawn as we await the return of Lord British.

*Tips a Glass of Ale in Salute to his old friend Lord British*
yeah I remember having to sacrifice myself many times over for that guy!
Talk about death panel of one.

But seriously:
does this Dawn play on this server? i don't know her.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
But seriously:
does this Dawn play on this server? i don't know her.
Dawn is an NPC character - much like LB - from the Lord Blackthorn's Revenge version (looong time ago).

She probably "plays" on all shards.

More info:
Released 2002
http://www.uolbr.com/ <--site still live
There was a lot of publicity, Todd McFarlane (creator of Spawn) did a comic for the game, as well as designed many of the creatures and made models which are not collector's items (I have them all). I suspect Todd is (was?) a player. :)

L

Lady Mana

Dawn is an NPC character - much like LB - from the Lord Blackthorn's Revenge version (looong time ago).

She probably "plays" on all shards.
Actually, she's an RPC played by the EMs... though Kirth is right, she was first introduced during the LBR scenarios. She disappeared and then just this year reappeared. Her farm set ablaze, she helped free Luna from monster invasions.

And psh, it wasn't THAT long ago! *tries to hide everyone's age*

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was a nice ceremony...

Sherry the mouse stood on a chair to crown Dawn.
This most IMPRESSIVE dragon showed up... (I hid my dragon slaying weapons)
And the Gargoyle Queen also payed homage to Dawn. She wanted to talk to Dawn about something pretty ominous... but... well.. a celebration was not the place she surmised.

All this heralds a new age for royalty in Napa I think...

my camera didn't work right... and i lost all images I _thought_ I took. *sigh*

A

AustinRules

"Lord British provided free Goverment sponsored Health care to everyone in the Realm."

Of course it is free. The only cures available involve bloodletting or a brew made from tree bark.