• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Cloak and Dagger - Va'lis' View

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Part 1:The Darkness of our Times

The Energy Bolt flashed across the sandstone courtyard before crashing into the oncoming Paladin. Exploding in a brilliant light, the Paladins still form was sent crashing over the bridge, and into the water below. Va'lis whipped his hand towards the farthest one, and the Obsidian Dagger was sent plunging into the mans neck. He had perhaps a milisecond to react before the dagger exploded, ending the man brutally and painfully.

The Paladins had attacked with no warning, and no mercy was shown by them. It was only fitting, that they be shown with none as well.

The carnage was, in his honest opinion, a work of art.

It had only been a few days since he had pledged himself to the Shadowlords, but either of madness or curiosity, who knew? All that mattered was the power he felt, and the glee he obtained from ending the lives of mortal fools.

Leaving the desolate lands behind him, he began to wonder to himself..
"What, I wonder, Will occur later this eve?..."

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The desolate halls of the Shadowlord Base glistened with fresh blood, as well as old, festering bodies littered the ground and the smell of death was in the air. Glorious to one such as he.

Moving through the halls, Va’lis emerged into a room beneath the Sigils, its center held a moongate the color of an obsidian rock. A group stood there, members he thought, until they struck him down. Interesting, that those other Shadowlord members would hinder any help… He shrugged it off and after speaking darkly the word, “Chaos” as he had heard in his head, he was teleported to Melissa, Mistress of the Shadowlords.

She spoke of Clainin, the new Royal Council, the Shadowlords and…death. She called those gathered, to join against the mage who had survived so much. She called us against Clainin. She strode about the room, laughing darkly with madness every so often as she outlined her plan for the death of the mage.

Grinning with anticipation, she opened a gate to Trinsic. Instructing us to decorate the sandstone in gore, and blood and anything else of grisly nature. We were only to keen to oblige.

Rushing forth, we burst into the Paladins barracks, when we discovered Clainin, and his Royal Guard. The guard fell quickly to the special “Obsidian Daggers”, exploding upon impact and cutting short the lives of Clainins protectors.

We surrounded him, and \oh the magic that man knew! He could speak the language of Wisps! The spells he unleashed were beautifully destructive! Fire rained like hail, lightning smote the room and the carnage was so great, that undoubtedly carrion birds will feast upon it for days.

Our spells, and swords smote his body. Yet still he carried on, felling many of out group. It was in the final moments of battle, that Melissa herself raised a dagger high above her head, and smote Clainin to the ground! His blood flowed freely as the light left his once intelligent eyes.

As Clainin died…a light flashed about the room, and as it faded we heard Melissa yell out, “FLEE FROM HERE!” We ran.

The Council of Mages, and True Brittanians rushed in and attacked us. Those that could, recalled. Those that couldn’t, fought. And fought we did!

I bolted from the room, calling my armor clad horse to my side as I stuffed a book taken from Clainins body into my pack.

Firing a bolt of energy and a pillar of flame at a running Mage, I recalled away, to fight another day…

Clainin, the false mage of the Royal Council…is dead! What a wonderful day…

~Journal Entry of Va’lis Razele, Britannian date: Aug 2, 371

C

Corvak

Death to the shadowlords! Britannia must be cleansed!

(Though I don't think the actions of us, Shadowlord or otherwise, really had any effect on the outcome of this event. The SL would have killed him regardless. EM's please give us some progression, instead of stalling us with filler.)

C

CatLord

FYI:
We joined SL... infiltrated the meeting, got the location of Clainin and then turned on the SL faction players...

Killing a few but not enough to prevent our total party destruction.

Then we secured the healers and killed them and everyone else... until we got all destroyed... again.

We ressed up and killed them all again... and went home... before the battle would turn on us...

Irony of it all... Va'lis got the book.

(ooc: Va'lis you are EVIL!)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pretty sure everyone who attacked Clanin got a book.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's a faction clanin spellbook that is slightly better than the ones you can get from turning in silver.

C

CatLord

Ironic because we're supposed to kill SL not Clainin...

Evil Va'lis!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well....*foot shuffle*

Kill Clainin and weaken Casca!

He died for the...greater good?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...has anyone offered a bid on one of those spellbooks?

Surely someone would at least entertain an offer?

S

Shioni

...has anyone offered a bid on one of those spellbooks?

Surely someone would at least entertain an offer?
You can get the exact same book from Vesper only it says *replica* so i don't see many people offering outrageous amounts

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get the exact same book from Vesper only it says *replica* so i don't see many people offering outrageous amounts
Not quite the same.

The new one is vastly superior.

*edit* and I recieved an offer of 6 Mil and several arties. Didnt take it. Heh

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...how much you willing to accept to part with it then? Va'lis? you curious about selling yours?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm. Your reply would indicate that you would at least consider an offer though? Or please, just tell us. You dead-set on not giving it up?

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm. Your reply would indicate that you would at least consider an offer though? Or please, just tell us. You dead-set on not giving it up?
Right now I am not giving it up. I will however, entertain bids, etc. If one catches my eye....