• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Catskills Militias First Skirmish

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday the first meeting of the Catskills Militia took place in Trammels Serpent’s Hold city. The purpose of the militia is simply to give players a chance to learn and engage in PvP in a safe and fun environment. Each week this group will meet and divide into two different colored teams and then each team will be given an objective to try and achieve.
I witnesses the first skirmish on Sunday and I can tell you it looked like a lot of fun to be part of. The group got off to a slow start due to Getting everyone set up properly with only GM weapons, armor and no talismans or Jewelry. Then making sure everyone had a proper colored robe for the team that they were part of.

Once they were ready the green team was sent out to find a building to defend. After 3 minutes the blue team was released to find them and take the building from them. They quickly spotted a single green robed player standing in a room and came up with a plan of action. Throwing open to doors some rushed in to engage him while others stood outside and fired arrows at him. That’s when other members of the green team revealed themselves by either running out the doorway or attacking those who had dared to rush in. The fighting was fast and very fierce but was quickly over with the blue team winning the first skirmish. Unfortunately I had to leave then so I missed the other skirmishes of the day, but from what I witnessed this could grow into a very exciting weekly event for many to enjoy.