• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Captain Nystad Sent to Tokuno, Event Saturday, June 27

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Captain Nystad sent to Tokuno

Friday, June 26, 2009
By EMSeppo

Lord Casca sat bored on his cushioned chair, while struggling to feign interest in Captain Nystad’s words. For the past half an hour, she had been going over a variety of reasons about why warring against the so-called independent kingdoms would be a grave mistake.

Aino Nystad: Finally, m’lord must think about the existing morale of his troops. Although we have made much progress, the wounds of the invasion are still fresh. I am afraid that another war might lead to a…

Lord Casca: Enough! I think you have proven your point, captain!

Aino Nystad: *startled* Does that mean that you are willing to reconsider hostilities?

Lord Casca: *looks amused* As you have already stated for the past half an hour, a war would be a difficult proposition without any troops!

Aino Nystad: *nods fervently* Indeed! Your wisdom is great, Lord Casca!

Aino Nystad: *senses an opportunity* Perhaps, we can give peace an another chance? I have managed to build relationships with some in the opposition. If you would command, I would gladly renegotiate with them!

Lord Casca: *makes a dismissive gesture* Perhaps in due time, captain! Let them consider the full-weight of the consequences of a rebellion for now. In the meantime, I have a more immediate task for you.

Aino Nystad: Sire?

Lord Casca: As you know, I have passed a decree to assist the Empress of Tokuno with the problems they are having.

Lord Casca: I wish to send you on an urgent mission related to this…

Event announcement
Day: Saturday June 27th
Start time: 8:50 PM PST
End time: 10:00 PM PST
Meeting location: Zento bank

Y

Yalp

hmmmm.... So which hat to wear? Town Guard or Lord of Zento? That is if I can stay awake long enough to be there! Hee.. Midnight on the east coast comes early!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com
Captain Nystad sent to Tokuno
Reported by Shae [S*RE] of TB

On June 27th the players were gathering around in Zento by summons of Lady Aino Nystad who was sent by the king to help assist the Empress of Tokuno with certain issues.

Upon arrival to Mount Sho the citizens were attacked by monsters who truly understood the art of bringing pain as mass deaths occurred.

There were also strange little fire rabbits hopping around but did not hold any special loot!

Even with so many deaths in the area, and many, many tears from a certain thief....er...liberator of goods...There was apparently little to investigate?!

*Note to self, must steal.....liberate Aino's boots...*

After that Lady Aino gated us back to Zento and spoke a few words but during the middle of it I was summoned to help defend the free kingdoms!...? Apparently while helping Lady Aino's investigation the black gates poured out many mercenaries who tried to lay siege on the free kingdoms! Was this a trick that Lady Aino may have helped conspire with? Did someone else hire these mercs? Or did the king truly send these mercs to fight the free kingdoms? One day, I hope we have the answer to these questions.

--------------------------------
Related links of interest:
Strange Portals Appearing
Servants and Fools
Books from EM Event
How do the black gates work?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A courier pigeon arrived with a note for those of us who were not able to be at the Tokuno Event:

A few key details:

1) The name of the boss was "A Mercenary Commander"

2) The Mercenary Commander was seen yelling out things like, "Target the captain" to his minions

3) Books were found from the commander and his goons which described a contract to kill the captain

4) After the event, Aino stated that Lord Casca had told her that there will be no war against the independent kingdoms

5) Aino was very perturbed on hearing the news of kingdoms being under attack. She went to some of the independent kingdoms to investigate. Afterwards, she said that the answers she seeks lie in Britain and that she is not happy with the way things are unfolding.