• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Blackgate Finale, Sunday, August 2

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from goldenbrewtavern.com

Blackgate Finale

Sunday, August 2, 2009
By EMSeppo

Breaking news: With the aid of his vast network of spies, the thiefmaster has ascertained the whereabouts of the secret base used by the mercenaries for launching the attacks. In fact, it seems like there is a base on both Trammel and Felucca facets of the world, likely to support the blackgates on the respective facets. In face of their recent defeats, the mercenary force is reeling and this is the perfect time to strike back before they can recuperate.

So, for a change, thiefmaster is going to provide you information, instead of asking you to figure it out for him. All you have to do is use it to access the base and destroy the source of the blackgates. Simple!

Note: check the calendar on goldenbrewtavern.com for the times. The thiefmaster or his agent will meet you at Trinsic moongate in Felucca for the Fel invasion and Jhelom moongate in Trammel for the Trammel invasion.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blackgate Finale
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm Pacific
(2-4 Mountain, 3-5 Central, 4-6 Eastern)

Blackgate Finale
9:00 pm to 10:30 pm Pacific
(10-11:30 Mountain, 11-12:30 Central, 12-1:30am Eastern)

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious...Why Midnite (eastern)???

I realize Baja is a west coast and pacific time zone shard, but it still seems events could be scheduled with at least some consideration for players from the east.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I will be unable to attend the Felucca event due to in IRL appointment that I scheduled before this was announced. However, I do wish all of those that attend - Good luck and Have Fun!

WildStar

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should a West coast shard be considerate of a East coast player? It would seem logical to schedule an event around the peak time of West coast players. 9 pm at night is perfect. If you want to attend the event then tough it up and sleep a little less tongiht. You know you'll sacrifice your sleeping hours for this

Y

Yalp

Why should a West coast shard be considerate of a East coast player? It would seem logical to schedule an event around the peak time of West coast players. 9 pm at night is perfect. If you want to attend the event then tough it up and sleep a little less tongiht. You know you'll sacrifice your sleeping hours for this
compassion, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel one is this evening. You missed the dangerous one.

As far as the times, I don't know if anyone has been paying attention, but our event moderators have been changing up the times of events with some regularity. No, not everyone will be able to attend them all, but they seem to be trying to change up the time slots and give everyone a chance to participate. The West Coasters can't always attend the earlier events.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For tonite's Trammel Blackgate Finale, please remember the Mercenary Commanders are actually helped by your pets and summons ... cold seems to damage them the most.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very bad idea if this turns out to be another Chief Paroxymous. I think Seppo has a sadistic streak, hence his choice of bosses. :p

B

Bucko the Kid

We spend weeks fighting side by side, we heal each other, we rez each other, we share regs, bandaids, give back loot that was taken off corpses in error(Thank you Lord Bacchus)!

And what do we do when its all over? We throw cream pies at each other!

I love Baja!

Bucko the Kid

C

Cymidei Fier

Craziest UO day ever between these two events :thumbsup:

Here's Sphinx disabling the Darkmor Gate just as the Blackrock Engineer appears bringing havoc in his wake.

Shadow dismantling the Avalon Gate

A street fight in Moonglow as the Cartel regrouped to take over the secret lair.

The mercenary commander

Butchery and bloodshed

Everyone getting poisoned!

From the Trammel Event, here's the whole shard in the obituaries! More oooOOOooo per square mile than anywhere....

Here's me trying to solve the Dark Tower's generator. Congrats to Asimov for solving it. Here you see Wildstar and others helping to protect us as we work on solving it.

Fighting down the hallway...

More to come...took 1,600 screen shots today. I still so many to go through, the other reporters took tons too.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I "Amen" that one Bucko. I didn't loot tonight and was frustrated at first because I couldn't keep anyone rezzed but then I realized it was all in fun. My belly physically hurts from all the laughing I did. From the battle to the cream pie fights! Absolutely priceless. Oh, and Nomad (if you read this) you are in for it big time when I see you. At least I now have a "last target" macro. *ROFL* Thank you all for an awesome evening. Now, if I could only unwind to go to sleep!

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I killed all I was able to kill, but was unsure if we achieved our objective. By nights end the EM seemed to indicate we had done all we could have hoped to do. In addition to disrupting whatever blackrock plan was afoot by our realms enemies, I also recieved a finely baked Mesanna Pie.

All that for little more than a cost of 50,000 pieces of gold. Not bad.

Elladan

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We got pies after mignight? Ok, where's the nearest tall building or bridge I can throw myself off of...

M

Millie

My husband and I show up for the event at 10:40 mst but could not find any one. Dang sometimes better late than never is not a good thing. That's what I get for lallygagging to long in the back yard. Looks like you all had a lot of fun and thank you all for sharing the pictures of the event. :)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I "Amen" that one Bucko. I didn't loot tonight and was frustrated at first because I couldn't keep anyone rezzed but then I realized it was all in fun. My belly physically hurts from all the laughing I did. From the battle to the cream pie fights! Absolutely priceless. Oh, and Nomad (if you read this) you are in for it big time when I see you. At least I now have a "last target" macro. *ROFL* Thank you all for an awesome evening. Now, if I could only unwind to go to sleep!
If you really want to throw them faster, make a Last Object macro too.

Also, a quick note: for some odd reason, the pies can target someone who is invised through the Last Target macro. It's odd, but just throwing this out there in case some of you find that invising while avoiding other players won't save you from having pies thrown at you.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, a quick note: for some odd reason, the pies can target someone who is invised through the Last Target macro. It's odd, but just throwing this out there in case some of you find that invising while avoiding other players won't save you from having pies thrown at you.
Originally you could throw them at anyone, whether they had a pie or not, including hidden/stealthing players. So that is why they had a emergency publish a few weeks ago, to make it so you can only throw them at people who also have a pie on them.

So ya if your a ninja like me :thumbup:, then don't carry a pie.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally you could throw them at anyone, whether they had a pie or not, including hidden/stealthing players. So that is why they had a emergency publish a few weeks ago, to make it so you can only throw them at people who also have a pie on them.

So ya if your a ninja like me :thumbup:, then don't carry a pie.
Or put it into a pack within your backpack? I know that used to work for snow, haven't checked it lately, though. If I wanted to be hidden and throw snowballs and not get them thrown back at me, I tossed the snowball then quickly placed the pile of snow into a container in my pack. (Not one of the most earth-shaking UO tips. )

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did that too, SuperKen. Nomad was having too much fun at my expense and I'm not above taking revenge. I can't speak for him but I had a blast throwing them. My favorite thing was standing on top of him so he'd hit himself. Thank you for the pies, EM's!

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bartelbe, Bartlebe, Bartelby, Bartalbe, Bartalby!!!

Well once we had the name spelled correctly....it took about three seconds (and that's exaggerating) before I waved bye-bye to my Evil Hello Kitties and Lady title.

That was insane!

*Sings Death and Destruction, Death and Destruction, Death and Destruction and some cream pies!*

I love our Ems! Thanks Seppo and Pallando (still not liking the ninjas tho).

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought those Blackrock Engineers were rough. Those area-effect lightning attacks were deadly!

Put down 3 Cartel kills under Ayassa's name, she got us good. =]

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I missed it!!! Seppo!! Pallando!! Can I has pie please!?!?!?!?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would've preferred the Felucca event; however, I'm glad I made it home in time for the Trammel-based one. I managed to solve one of the puzzles, and holy blinkin' nudity, that was ridiculously fun. I agree with SuperKen; that blackrock engineer took some lessons from some ancient, kung-fu, lightning-wielding, master who lives in the forest or something. I finally got the heck out of that area and managed to work myself deeper into the dungeon to that other puzzle/control station and even then, there was spawn upon spawn upon mob upon mob of everything.

HUGE props to EM Seppo and EM Pallando! Thanks for the good times and great memories! *man hugs*