• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Battle Rages on in Moonglow

I

Ibuseta

woot 1 second of fame...my new chars name was in the story! gonna have to print this one out and frame it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A

Armageddon

The information you seek is in the NEW CHAPTER in the book at her office!!

Transcription as follows:

----Chapter Two----

The people of the lands having long grown tired of the ant minions in Moonglow will be glad to hear Myrina has completed her mission. Knowing of a band of mercenaries with a rather talented Alchemist and Tinker, she sought thier help. It turned out her hunch was correct. They are indeed able to make a device that will aid in getting the attention of the ant queens by repelling the ant from Moonglow. The device will deliver a specially created poison on a large scale.

Excited of ending the attacks, Myrina began to negotiate for the device. This became the difficult part. Delivering the poison in such high quantities was beyond their capabilities as they are only a small band. They also require payment for thier services as well as the parts they will use to make the device.

After much deliberation, Myrina was able to negotiate the lowest possible price. The band agreed to accept 600k per device. Myrina would need to find a way to gather the resouces to make and dispense the poison. The ingredients necessary are as follow:<ul>[*]600k Nightshade[*]240k Zoogi Fungus[*]240k Crossbow Bolts[*]240k Tinkered Springs[*]120k Fertile Dirt[*]60k Empty Bottles
[*](Per City)[/list]

Myrina is recruiting anyone who would like to free the cities of their ant invaders to help gather the resources. Upon successful completion of the gathering, she will contact the mercenaries and they will transport the device and use the materials to power it.

Myrina has placed resources in the Moonglow Banks so that those wishing to help can contribute. Each Moonglow, Trammel and Felucca, must fill their resources to become free of the infestation. As a result, freedom may not happen to both cities at the same time. Feel free to contribute to the city you feel closest to or join forces with others to organize the freedom of one or the other first.

Myrina will be visiting banks and other gathering places in the days to follow to make sure everyone is aware of the requirements to free the cities.

Until then the seige continues.....(end of transcription)

A

Armageddon

Rally the troops! We must make haste to gather the resources and free the cities! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

*races off to begin tinkering a LOT of springs for BOTH cities* /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

IdunSyn

Wow....look at those numbers! I have dirt and bottles...but that's a LOT of stuff! I will contribute what I can. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Idun

G

well at least this morning citizens are taking the zoogi loot off the ants and placing them into the piles of gp and shrooms ! BUT we must remember BOTH Moonglows cuz one glow will have less people to off them pesty ants. And new tinkers that can not yet fight are in the bank *tram* and making springs so mayhaps every one can now feel they can somehow contribute even if they new and can not fight, they can tinker springs. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

OH and all ye RICH and wealthy start layin ye gold down in both glows onto the piles and think of the newbie tinkers tinkin away...instead of SELLIN iron ingots start handin some to the wee new tinkers that ye may find tryin to up tink..to donate SPRINGS to save us all !!!

G

LOL I dont see any of that in town here yet ! BRING ON THE CANS of stuffs ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

I

imported_fyr

If you donate items to make the machine, one of your Virtues should increase (Sacrifice, Compassion, something like that). Could be a nice featue.

A

Armageddon

too late to add that in now. but something to consider with overall numbers, if everyone on Chessy contributed 1k of gp, that portion would easily probably fill both the requirements. I have spend some time this morning trying to get the bank squaters semi interested. it worked for a few but it seems a sorry number of them seem only interested in preening themselves while they spam thier rediculously overpriced garbage for sale. it's pretty sad when i recall into the bank and see the same people in the same spot spamming the same thing, many days in a row. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

oh! and btw, early this morning when I was chatting with Celestria, I had suggested maybe tying the completion of the resource gathering and further event developement to both cities being completed before it progresses. She more or less said that perhaps in the future but for now, each city will decide it's own fate. She wondered out loud which city would complete their task first and I told that IMHO , I thought that Trammel would win that contest. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

I hear ya. I been running to wbb since this all began and get like NO responses or very few to come to the aide of Moonglow..cuz as I too posted before they too busy PREENING at the WBB to move ! ! Got so disgusted I went to play my chrs. on siege. Makes ya wonder what some of our shards players are becoming, as if a bunch of fiddlers while *rome* burns..even if all the ants landed in Brit..they then would probably just go SIT somewhere else, instead. HRMM sorry state of affairs and I begin to feel we are living in some empire where many get complacent *fat and wealthy* and just do not move for nothing for ANY reason.

I do keep thinkin of the stories of Rome buring whilst some just fiddled or strum their harp. *we all know Nero supposidly played his harp in lamantation not basically just fiddling doing nothing..but yeh same kinda idea is racing in my mind that it is the same few that are trying to battle or bring the items needed to put some end to this invasion..while the multitudes of BOTH facets still ..PREEN by WBB ! SIGH ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I

IdunSyn

As the ants keep wreaking havoc in Moonglow, many citizens concerned about the beautiful town have joined forces to fight the Ant menace. Rumors of Myrina Heron's hiring of mercenaries have reached the masses, but most people out there are ready to sacrifice themselves in order to protect the innocent citizens of Moonglow.

Among the many brave souls, I spotted DrewLok, Tancred RedStar, Destiny, Veronica, Jona, Prometheus...and so many others who are here unnamed but not forgotten.

In an earlier meeting with Celestria, we found out that events are unfolding rapidly. Following a tip that something in Moonglow was different tonight, we searched the town for clues and found this at the Moonglow Bank. What does it all mean?? <p align=center>

G

Gold requirement has been met.

Also, I believe the springs need to be tinkered, not NPC bought

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't wait to get home (working on Saturday )
I've been saving zoogi fungi for some time now (my daughter thought the name was cute and made me pick them up)
Have 20K+ in the bank to help save Moonglow.

My 2 cents: I have missed all other in game events, but even though I do not fully understand the Solen goal, or what (beyond their eviction from Moonglow) I am truly striving for here, I enjoy this event. So my message to the EM(s): keep 'em coming.

A

Armageddon

thx for the Sticky! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

new help for the lazy has arrived!! Celestria or Myrina has set up Moongates at both WBB and inside Moonglow bank to her office!! YEA makes it easy to get them curious at least. I just tell them there is free stuff thru the gate. LOL!
ANYTHING to at least get them to look! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Fel Moonglow is WAY WAY lacking a LOT of zoogis and nightshade and springs etc. Only thing that seems met on the list in fel is the gp, but they way behind on all the other items far more so than tram glow. I will thus be donating all my stored up zoogis to the fel Moonglow..figure trammel will get plenty ! Just went in the bank there and yeh fel side is not getting as many donations.

Lets hit them too folks and donate some much needed zoogies springs, nightshade and bolts to fel. Moonglow. The rune on my front step of the SOLEN ANT RES center tram. will take u to the Fel moonglow bank ROOFTOP where yu can safely jog down the teleporter and run in the bank to donate ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

U

uoassassin

Bran Mac Morn Legendary Paladin/Archer will aid Fel/Trammel Moonglow in their time of need. Prepare for my arrival and that of my guildmates(SDW) and friends in(M.M).

G

Ok so Dnepropetrovsk {ie me} hath dropped of the first batch of zoogies to fel glow bank. Now this lil lass was fighting the solen ants all by her lonesome and that isnt right folks. COURSE she did blow away 4 or 5 of em in a nanosecond, /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif good job lass ! But seriously folks...we're outnumbered in both facets, but fel glow more so than tram one and I dont think this lass can come to get free bandages or etc. in the tram. solen res house.

Good job, missy lass ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Franchia was speedie, but she was alone, when I went to drop off the zoogies. Remind me never to get this lil lady angry ..them solen red ants regret to have met her, dang she was fast !

http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/my_chars.pl?52616e646f6d49564918c5f526402b10d4c39a1ff23f67d7114065083fed8ac3fdb39715a490751b

G

UPDATE
Gold is done
Bottles are done
Nightshade is done
Fungus is about halfway
Springs are about one-third done
Crossbow bolts are about one-third done
fertile dirt is needed badly

G

i have 20k more feathers in the bank ..but no boards for makin the bolts !

T

tupperloon

Bottles, Nightshade, And Gold(as from my visit to the office hearing about an Ice-White fellow donating close to 400k gold and I think is Celestria's favorite fbecause of a frog thing that happened[not sure what though]) are all filled. We also hit 60k springs in one pile. But its painstaking boring to make those springs, but with a little help from a fellow named Jerry Springer(Springer as the joke) no one got bored. It was all fun today, except for the few who just came in and kept killing the ants and not looting them. I went and collected 300 Zoogi Fungi every 15 minutes looting ants that were killed and left to rot. As for fel goes, there is no help. When talking to Myrani, she did mention that which ever facet wins we will drive the ants to the losing facet. If I was wrong please reply, making springs from 9 this morning, then fighting, then going to get dirt(oh the pain) and now typing at 2 am. I really want to see this thing work, and not the usual laggy events. I have been to lots of events just to sit there and die of lag. This one a little better cause there is hardly anyone doing it, thus making it less laggy. Another thing that you might enjoy, there is a dye tub in the Event Moderator's Office that will change the color of your guard sash.

M

Maith

Three of us, Eddie Gein, Sir David and myself, spent some time getting the fertile dirt. Not an ant lion survived our onslaught LOL. Eddie announced he was going to kill the ant lions would anyone like to go and we went.

A sidenote ... I am suspicious by nature and even more so in UO. The number one rule that was drilled into my head since I started playing UO was don't party with people you don't know. Anyhow ... this is the second time I've partied up with Eddie Gein. The other time was in Doom (I had nothing to lose so why not LOL). Both times, he's been a great party member. He's generous and not whiny at all and when I was in Doom, he took great care to make sure everyone in our party got our stuff back. Nice guy and if he offered to party up again, I'd accept without hesitation. I don't know how he handles himself with trades or anything like that but as a member of of party ... total asset /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A

Armageddon

as i mentioned in another thread....... by far easiest and fastest method to gather fertile dirt is to plant thorns in "dirt patches near grass" and collect the regs/fertile dirt that spawns.

M

Maith

I just saw that ... duh! As a plant grower, you would think I would have known that! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

H

HablinTheWhite

Hey I am good friends with the Jerry Springer. He is working on the springs right now. I am too working on springs, I added tinkering to my Hablin Character just for the event, hehe.

G

I know Eddie from Doom. And yeah hes a sweetie. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

yeh I was there too as Wynd Ryder makin bolts..and as my Black Pearl resing some folks...but then, it was time to let the rl puppy out to play ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I will resume bolt making shortly ifn we still need em...probably do too.

I

imported_Gwyneth

I (Dylan) donated all my bolts and made more, till I ran out of wood (several thousand, I guess). (Someone named Tinkerbelle gave me wood at Moonglow Bank... thank you, Tinkerbelle!). Then I donated what fertile dirt I had, and fungus.

I'm out of wood, but still have plenty of feathers if anyone wants to team up to get those bolts made.

I

imported_Prince Erik

As of 6 pm Sunday we're on our last pile of springs. Only about 20K left to make thanks to some very hard working tinkers.. Time to go rest my fingers for a while for the "Great Earth Elemental hunt of 2004" soon to follow... that's a LOT of dirt...

-P.E.

I

Ibuseta

ok around 6:57 pm est the last springs were thrown in....then i finsihed bolts about 5 mins ago making it around 7:45 to 7:50 pm est

all thats left is Fungus and Dirt

btw Prometheus's one second of fame is now 2... cuz he finished bolts /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

G

Glad to hear the progress. I killed solen most of yesterday from morning til early evening and took a nap, then made springs til 2 am. Fought some more to gather fungus today, but then the Astros came on(beat the Rangers, w00t!). My bad pirate jokes and the limerick about There once was a Man from Minoc got more than a few groans, hehe

The Fellowship is having it's monthly guild tournament tonight, but afterwards Im gonna see if we can set out to gather dirt from earthies. With an earth slayer kat, the dirt comes pretty fast /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

TishMorgna

Tinkerbelle here....your welcome. Glad we got most of the stuff done so soon. I am gonna be kinda bummed that it will end so soon. I am wondering if it is safe to do fel side. If the pkers get into their act will we have to leave fel moonglow as is?

A

Armageddon

Myrina had said in her writings that you are free to choose the city you feel closest to. If the citizenry of the Felucca kingdom have made a land ruled by chaos, then they should not be surprised if the good peoples of Trammel fear thier lives to travel to such a place. Any that travel there, god speed and safe journey to ye.

G

UPDATE
Gold is done
Bottles are done
Nightshade is done
Fungus is about 3/4 done
Springs are done
Crossbow bolts are done
fertile dirt is needed badly

G

At this point, 38K more fungus is needed as well as 80K more fertile dirt.

P

Puppy

Ooh, so that was YOU with the bad pirate jokes. Lol, thank you, I think you saved some people's sanity. I only did springs for a few hours compared to some people working on it all day, and I honestly don't know how everyone stood it. I had to take breaks and go out and kill stuff in between tinkering.

G

They were pretty bad, werent they? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

The victory laps every thousand springs helped keep my mind from going numb .

U

uoassassin

Lets not forget to mention the ingots Lord Crom from (BF) guild donated for springs which Jerry Springer made. Also Bran Mac Morn donated a sizeable amount of feathersand has been kicking but when he is there.

I

Ibuseta

today i saw soemthing i liked very much.... Member of the Royal Guard Sashes on the corpses of the dead ants.... for about 30 mins to an hour sashes were droppping on the corpses...

I looted 6 of them, which pleased me since Ive always missed any sash handouts, and killing something to get it was better than be handing one i think heh.

so around from 3 to 4 pm est i guess they were droppping... got me a lil more into the whole must kill must kill state of mind heh...and picked up around 500 dirt and 300 fungus while doing it...so it worked out...

and money to pay for insurance....which is a pay when the solens seem to shoot the poison thing all at the same time...so ya get nailed with 3 at once and if ur hurt u die....

Sashes much better than any ole picnic backet which i still have NOT gotten....lol

P

Puppy

Cool, I like that way of distributing sashes. I wish I'd been on to get another one for my tamer and/or Puppy (my tinker has one lol), but I was having major connectivity problems this afternoon and kept losing connection and dying. Hopefully things are better now. I'm tired of logging back on to a gray screen (I get that gray screen often enough as it is, with those pesky ants!).

I

Ibuseta

yes a much better way to distribute sashes i was very pleased.... least i got some of those quick....still waiting for that picnic basket.... oh and i was thinkin maybe they should drop sashes that say like Royal Guard Defender of Moonglow and maybe be died purple or a lighter red or something

G

With my mum in law for a visit, I haven't had much chance to see what was going on, but ran into fel glow this morning only to realize that I couldn't summon an energy vortex to care for those awful beasties that well outnumbered me. I did manage to shove through the banker and invis myself to count resources and it looks like they still need pretty much everything? There didn't seem to be many springs there anyway and I do have my gm tinker so I guess I'll set carpentry aside for a while and make springs.

*sits down to work and starts singing any songs she knows about springs... "Spring up a well within my so--oul... spring up a well and make me whooooooooole"* What? it has the word spring in it!

J

JenMomOfTwo

Just about a thousand fertile dirt (or poop as my husband calls it) left to go! There will be thorns outside of Moonglow on the path to plant and retrieve the dirt.

T

TishMorgna

I've heard of "road kill".....but "road poop"? LOL I think it is hilarious how happy peeps are at getting dirt these days.

G

Well now, I have spent a few hours in Fel Glow and met up with another person desiring to rid the place of the awfuls too. With my friend's permission, I am setting up our Fel house as a first aid station/work area. The house is on the bay of Cove and has tons of mining around it to get those springs going for "the other side" and I will be stocking it with bandages and rez scrolls. Anyone who would like to work there is more than welcome. Let me know in a pm and I will also be sending out people as I can find them to help get recruits. Come on, double resources... we can do it!

As of about noon eastern time? I have dropped some runes to the house in the Fel Glow bank. Pick one up and if you need a pet rez or if you want to make springs with me come on over.

A

Armageddon

Ibuseta...I like the idea of a diff label. we should suggest that to Celestria and Myrina /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif The color doesn't really matter since you can dye them anyways.

And I too liked the monster drop sashes.... I didnt get get one myself but I heard they were dropping. I was severely lagged around A.Lions, something about them really puts the freeze on me. I did better today though against them, which means I died a coupla times less today than yesterday LOL!

Myrina gave me a sash today though, so I am happy camper wearing it proudly. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Next round of sashes I will try to get one for a friend.

I

imported_Xotche of Meade

Did I miss something? Do we have to get the quest finished on both sides of the planet to make this thing work?