• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] And the Two Shall Become One

• Thread starter Stupid Miner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stupid Miner

And the Two Shall Become One
(a transcript)

EM Eira: *Smiles at the congregation*
“I wish to thank you for this honor.
The strongest love comes from the softest whispers… And on the breeze… Touching hearts… Once more complete… We are here today to recognize the beauty of love, and to witness the reuniting of Pop and Mum Lancermane in holy matrimony. We pray that this union continues to be blessed by the same true and binding love that marriage represents. Let us pause to reflect.
In quietness we share the love that drew these two together and the blessings that are given to us through this love. Marriage is more than the uniting of two people; it is a spiritual bond uniting two souls. A trust that your partner will love you, and that you will love your partner. As in any meaningful relationship, there are times when it is hard to understand and to love one another. A successful marriage must be a lasting commitment to your love and your vows. It is easy to say the words; it is more difficult to daily live those words. Do whatever it takes to keep your commitment alive. This will lighten your burdens and deepen your joys for you will share them with your partner and friend.
The Spirit of Love brought you together - fulfilling a plan known only to our Creator and you. Now, I invite you to rededicate your love and purpose to each other. Loving Creator, we acknowledge your blessing upon this marriage, we give thanks that your Spirit is with them, not only on this day, but in all their days. This we affirm in thy name and through the power of your Spirit.
*points to indicate candles*
These separate candles symbolize your separate lives, families, and friends. Take one of the lit candles and together light the center candle. Today you recommit to blend the light that you are into one unity flame. Pop Lancermane and Queen Mum, you have invited us to witness the happiness that you have with each other. Are you ready to recommit to this covenant of Love?”
“We are.”

“If a man vows to the Creator, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall do all that comes from his mouth. If a woman also vows to the Creator and binds herself by a bond, her creator hears her vow; her bond is bound with her soul. Above all things put on charity - the bond of perfection. Let the peace of the Spirit rule your hearts. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Creator, giving thanks always to the Spirit of the Creator.
Loving Creator, bless these rings as unending symbols of love and devotion. Bind them on your fingers, write them on the table of your heart. Bind them for a sign on your hand, they shall be symbols between your eyes. Set me as a seal on your heart, a seal on your arm; love is strong as death; jealousy - cruel as the grave; the coals are coals of fire which are vehement flames.
Pop, place this token of love on Mum’s left hand and repeat after me…

It is written, in the beginning male and female were made, and for this cause shall a man cleave to his wife: and the two shall be one. They are no more two but one flesh. What the Creator puts together let no man put asunder. May your understanding of love deepen through your years together. May you let your love be a light to the world.
A good marriage must be created. It is the little things that are big things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is saying I love you each day. It is facing the world together as one. It is showing appreciation for one another. It is giving each other room to grow. It is growing with each other. It is not only marrying the right person, but being the right partner.
Let the peace of the Creator which surpasses all understanding, keep you in the Spirit of knowledge and love. Because Pop and Mum have have vowed the bonds of holy matrimony together before the Creator and witnesses, I now affirm them as husband and wife. The light of God surrounds you. The love of God enfolds you. The power of God protects you. The presence of God watches over you. For where you are God is. Please seal your love with a kiss to show your commitment for each other.

May the blessing of the Spirit shower on you and remain with you always.
All loving Spirit - I present to You, the two, who are now one.
Amen."

T

Tiri

Wonderful wedding pics. Sorry I missed it!
As usual, Mr. Miner, you have done a great job for our shard.
I was wondering if your first name is an acronym for Seems to understand profoundly intellectual Data? Also may we call you Stu?

S

Stupid Miner

Wonderful wedding pics. Sorry I missed it!
As usual, Mr. Miner, you have done a great job for our shard.
I was wondering if your first name is an acronym for Seems to understand profoundly intellectual Data? Also may we call you Stu?
My friends call me Miner typically :p