• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News]And the Golden Goose was cooked! (image intensive)

S

Salya Sin

Greetings fellow Britannians!​

The evening was starting out to be a normal, quiet night at Luna Bank. The usual vendors who call out their wares had long since retired and most were simply holding their own council while polishing their armor or chatting quietly about the days hunting or crafting with their guild mates. As it was, Cyrus The Town Crier broke the lull in activity by exclaiming loudly, "The Golden Geese have flown their coop! If you'd like to know more..."

Those at the bank quickly ascertained the remaining information from Cyrus and were directed to speak to the Bartender at the Fairgrounds. Leon was unfortunately unhelpful at first due to a sudden bought of amnesia and could remember nothing about the escaping fowl. Instead he sent the inquirers to speak with Fiorella's Prince, the bullfrog at the pond? Which in turn sent the masses back to Cyrus, who suggested the jingle of gold might jog Leon's memory. Suspiciously, it did indeed seem to help, in turn sending everyone racing to West Britain Bank where the Town Crier gave a rather disturbing set of instructions. One had to stand over a nearby raging fire and speak the words, "My goose is cooked."

HA! If we'd only known...

A sudden blackness engulfed my view and left me standing in some remote cavern filled with enough Greater Chickens to feed Britannia's homeless for at least a year!

An odd assortment to find in a cavern, to say the least! Britannia's finest began pouring in, dispatching the flock in a haze of feathers and shrieks before coming upon bird-zilla! The first of three hazardous critters, Chicken Little, who might have been pot sized but had an attitude that was anything but. This "little" bird had no trouble fighting off our fiercest pets or warriors. In fact, it jumped targets repeatedly, chasing and attacking anything within range.

The next encounter I stumbled upon made Chicken Little look like a Cornish Game Hen. In fact, the aptly named bright red bird, the Guardian of the Poultry, did all it could to defend the deaths of so many of his feathered dependents. Dismounting and area attacks made for a harrowing battle!

The third encounter brought Thanksgiving back and went straight to the heart of the matter. Gobblers Revenge indeed! By the number of slain hero's littering the ground, I'd say this dark grey chicken more than made it's point!

It would take the death of all three of these named creatures and the multitude of warriors who fell in this extended battle to reach the first escaped Golden Goose.

Yet find it they did! Though I've no doubt they may have wished it were otherwise, for the Golden Goose was like nothing we Britannians had ever fought before. No wonder the Town Criers were so frantic that it had flown its coop! What followed was a very haphazard chase coupled with the awe of this creatures ability to teleport and call down the elements. The threats hurled by this creature were prophetic as it left many a warrior laying at it's feet with barely a scratch on it!

It was a long battle but Trammel was once again safe from this crazed menace. In truth, the second Golden Goose was located in Felucca by the next evening, but I was unable to get close enough to witness the battle. Yet, rest assured, both escaped geese have been found and secured! Many thanks to those in Trammel and Felucca for their courage and strength, without you, who knows what damage might have been done!

And congratulations to those who were gifted for their hard work with one or both of the following items!

Happy Holidays,
Salya Sin