• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] An Announcement

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is with deep regret that I am announcing this, my departure from reporting duties on Europa, I no longer have the time to devote to the shard, something I have been doing for over 6 years.

Sadly, I love the shard and it's community too much to just walk out without a replacement ready. As you may have seen I posted a thread looking for new reporters, No one has applied as of yet. If anyone is interested please apply and until then I will do my best to keep you notified on events, however reports I just cannot devote my time to do.

It has been a pleasure over these years to report on events from numerous EMs, I thank you for reading them and I hope you support whoever is your next reporter, I wish them the very best of luck.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm real sorry to read that as I have always enjoyed your reports which have always kept me up to date any time I have missed events.

As ever real life catches up with people and I can only imagine how much time it has taken you to do all the reporting over the years.

I wish to express my humble thanks to you for all the time you have spent.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again another sad loss...our great reporter retiring...guess we are all getting older and time seems to fly by more with little time to even play UO nevermind report on it!!!

I.... like you... will be here when they turn the europa lights off...alas it maybe sooner than later...fingers crossed its much much later,,,.our active shard population is at best 3-400 [approx] and we are hardly getting a influx of new players...with most people down to one account [like me] and just clinging onto that UO dream and the memories we have within it.

Hope someone takes up the mantle of reporter but its a big ask.....:grouphug:

I

Irvyn

Many thanks for all your hard work, your reports have constantly been an excellent and enjoyable source of information. You'll be missed, but I hope your replacement will be able to keep up the same high standard :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all your hard work with the reporting Mapper, you have served Europa proud!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I.... like you... will be here when they turn the europa lights off...alas it maybe sooner than later..
Oh I hope it isn't soon ;) But yes, I can never quit playing Europa either.. :p

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the excellent reports over the years :) .

Though I´m sad to hear you´re leaving the reporter job, it´s good to hear you´re not leaving Britannia altogether.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad news you wont be writting the reports any more Mapper, I've always enjoyed reading them, thanks for all the hard work over the years.

Good to hear you'll still be playing though :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought about applying for the Reporter position Mapper, but you are in many ways irreplaceable... certainly I can't give the level of commitment you have over the years, and for which as you can see we are all deeply appreciative of.

And I hope that now you can find time to enjoy the game itself more, now it will be less of a job for you! In the meantime, I will try and fill in reports where I can, and hopefully as a community together we'll all add up to one Mapper!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will miss your reports Mapper! But if you dont have time to do both reporting and enjoying the game, you do the right thing. You deserve some freedom after so many years!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always considered you an historian more than a reporter, so it's also sad to hear we will lose some of our history during your absence.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have done a truly outstanding job and been appreciated by many for a long time. I am glad to hear you have not burned you love for UO away by working so hard for others.