• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] A Mysterious Stranger - The Conclusion

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
E

Eyes of Origin

I arrived tonight to find the citizens of Britannia gathered and eagarly waiting for the arrival of the Mysterious Stranger.

From the EM Hall we travelled to the Compassion Gate.
Not sure what all this means, but it definitely doesnt look good.

We fought our way through Compassion to the Core.
Little did we know about what waited inside for us and the carnage to follow.

Many brave souls were lost, but we kept fighting, despite the Agents determination to beat us.

A few finally found a way into a back room where we find a machine like none other and a note from what seems to be the late Casca.
Seems as though he was determined to destroy us, even from his grave.

We were successful in stopping the Agents of Corruption.
With the help of all involved, we have finally rid our lands of the evil brought upon us by Casca.
It was a proud night for all of Britannia indeed!

Mesanna, if you get a huge influx of emails from the citizens of Pacific requesting such things, you know who's head can get chopped and mounted ;) hehe

Thank You Cyno for the small tour after the event to Casca's grave and a past event dungeon as well.
Related Links - December Events

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

[/URL]​

One thing Morgain, the blue vase in the last couple pictures, it's called a Corrupted Exodus Energy Cell. According to the Stranger, there were to be 8 dropped. 2 of the 8 being on the Corrupted Master Exodus Builder that was bugged and never killed, which means only 6 of the Corrupted Exodus Energy Cells exist.
Quite a rare drop for the Pacific Community.

Cyno did an OUTSTANDING job on this event for sure!

E

Eyes of Origin

Thank you.
As of the end of the event, the Agents of Corruption were stated as being "gone for good", regardless if we killed it or not. My point was to focus on the event itself, not the item that is now extremely rare and people are offering to pay 100mil in gold for, nor was my point to focus on the fact we couldnt actually kill the Exodus.

B

BeefSupreme

I had a good time definitely, one thing I would like to see though is some way
if we get separated from the group, we can figure out where everyone went.
One minute I'm fighting with everyone, have to run a bit to heal, come back up and
poof, everyone is gone. I have no idea where the 'final battle' was at. Ran around a
bunch trying to find some mass of 'all names' but couldn't.
I don't have a good solution to this though, other than a EM placed sign that says
" <-This way to the fight dummy.."

E

Eyes of Origin

I had a good time definitely, one thing I would like to see though is some way
if we get separated from the group, we can figure out where everyone went.
One minute I'm fighting with everyone, have to run a bit to heal, come back up and
poof, everyone is gone. I have no idea where the 'final battle' was at. Ran around a
bunch trying to find some mass of 'all names' but couldn't.
I don't have a good solution to this though, other than a EM placed sign that says
" <-This way to the fight dummy.."
The new chat system will help with this immensely. Just hollar on chat where we all went and we can point you in the right direction :)
I know I went to find a couple players who were trying to find us and had never been to the area we were in and would have no issues doing so in the future ;)

B

BeefSupreme

Yea, I was in the same situation, had never been to that area before. I was there killing controllers and such, then pretty much everyone disappeared.

Didn't think about the new chat. Hell we could even have a "today's event" channel.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you.
As of the end of the event, the Agents of Corruption were stated as being "gone for good", regardless if we killed it or not.
I understand this, and never said the Agents of Corruption were returning, nor did I insinuate anything contrary in my post.

My point was to focus on the event itself, not the item that is now extremely rare and people are offering to pay 100mil in gold for,
I don't know how I detracted from the event in my post in any way. If you presume I did, then I apologies for any such comment(s) that you took the wrong way.
BTW, you are the one that has brought up the astronomical price being placed on these events...I was pointing out the fact that Pacific shard has received some quite rare items that people (IE Rares Collectors) might be interested in along with the rarity of said items.

nor was my point to focus on the fact we couldnt actually kill the Exodus.
My point was that Cyno did an OUTSTANDING job and that there was a 'GLITCH/BUG' with the Corrupted Master Exodus Builder is all. I never belittled anyone or anything nor did I mock anyone or anything...I gave praise is all.

E

Eyes of Origin

wow, I'm sorry if I have upset you, wasnt my intention. =/

R

Rumpelstiltskin

I dont think that event was very good at all,
The Em's need to start doing these events in fel and allow everyone to play.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think that event was very good at all,
The Em's need to start doing these events in fel and allow everyone to play.
Everyone can play, make a trammie . The event on halloween took like 4 hrs to kill the mob boss in fellucia. The same Boss went down in like 20min in Tram. I think the majority dont like drawn out events which last hrs.

L

lols

Everyone can play, make a trammie . The event on halloween took like 4 hrs to kill the mob boss in fellucia. The same Boss went down in like 20min in Tram. I think the majority dont like drawn out events which last hrs.
Trammies are boring.

The Halloween event in Fel was awesome. Best Pacific event so far by far. I loved killing all the trammies, killing all the opposing faction members, killing the giant pumpkin thing, killing the people who were trying to get sashes from Lilimu.. and accidently killing and res killing a guildmate who was on a character I wasn't familiar with.. :eyes:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammies are boring.

The Halloween event in Fel was awesome. Best Pacific event so far by far. I loved killing all the trammies, killing all the opposing faction members, killing the giant pumpkin thing, killing the people who were trying to get sashes from Lilimu.. and accidently killing and res killing a guildmate who was on a character I wasn't familiar with.. :eyes:
I guess staying up till 4 am doing all of that doesnt really matter if you dont have a job. But for those of us who do work, it is nice being done by 11.

E

Eyes of Origin

I guess staying up till 4 am doing all of that doesnt really matter if you dont have a job. But for those of us who do work, it is nice being done by 11.
Not nice to assume. =/
It was over by 2am mountain time, so the only ppl it would've really really effected time wise would be the east coast. Anyone on the west coast could've done this event and then still made it to bed in time to get up for work (depending on their hours of course)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not nice to assume. =/
It was over by 2am mountain time, so the only ppl it would've really really effected time wise would be the east coast. Anyone on the west coast could've done this event and then still made it to bed in time to get up for work (depending on their hours of course)
Wasn't really an assumption but whatever. And I think her comments wrap up in a nutshell why there isn't many events in Fellucia. Rez killing never really goes over well during events.

E

Eyes of Origin

Wasn't really an assumption but whatever. And I think her comments wrap up in a nutshell why there isn't many events in Fellucia. Rez killing never really goes over well during events.
ok so I read it that way *shrugs* hard to tell with text sometimes

I was killed and rez killed that night so many times and I was on a stealther who had absolutely no skills other than hiding and stealth. I was talking to EM Lillimu afterwards and I think we came to the conclusion that the next monster would have no where nearly as many hit points as the Halloween guy did.
Anyway, I got off track... it didnt matter that I was killed and rk'd, it was fun! Watching everyone come in and take their hits and having it switch hands over of a few guilds.
I would only suggest that yes, they lower the hps on the monsters so they dont take 3-4hrs to kill.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well either way last event was well done and the Ems listened and incorporated a lot of ideas that people had mentioned into last meeting with Messina. Mob placement was well done, you didn't walk directly into a slaughter. and except for the end mob the event was very well done. Oh and btw nice job with the reporting as well ).

M

mutau

I wish I could have been there.

Was there only 1 big monster the whole time? Or lots of monsters?