• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(NEWS) A Look at Lord Casca Our New King

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As all of you have heard Lord Casca was announced today to of been elected to serve as our King pro-tempore during these trying times for the Kingdom. Casca came from heartwood and first made a name for himself in the courts by being among the first elves to participate in our modern legal system.

Lord Casca then came to be known by most common people for being the prosecutor in the trial of Ricardo the Thief for being the man who started the Ophidian War. There he won a controversial victory with the decision that Ricardo would be executed for his crimes. (As of press time today no one is sure what happened to Ricardo. The government has not made any statement that the verdict has been carried out, or if they still have him imprisoned awaiting execution.) After the trial was finished Casca was invited to stay at Castle Britainnia where he was the toast of the nobility.

Casca soon parlayed his new found fame and status to being given a seat on the Brittain Ruling Council. This new position on the Ruling Council was quite a honor for Cassca because the council was appointed to rule the land in Lord British’s absence. Making him one of the most powerful men in all of the lands and he was also given the new title of Ambassador.

Earlier this year most of the Ruling Council was mercilessly slaughtered in Castle Britainnia by elements of the FOA (Followers of Armageddon) and Casca himself was the kidnapped. When Lord Casca was rescued he indicated that that Captain Avery , whom many thought was also kidnapped was somehow tied into the massacre of the Royal Council. (Captain Avery was quickly arrested and is awaiting a trial at the present time.)

Today in a surprising move a royal decree was released announcing that Lord Casca was elected from amongst the nobles themselves to serve as the new King pro-tempore with all rights statuses, and honors thereof.

Long live King Casca!!

This reporter in good conscience cannot remain unbiased when it comes to Casca, even though it may bring the scorn of the nobility of the land upon myself. For you see I was at the trial of Ricardo, I even helped gather the evidence that convicted him, and it was a travesty of the justice system we are so proud of. Many of our fine laws were stretched to their limits to convict Ricardo, and in my eyes he was made a scapegoat for the governments failings. I also question Cascas rise in power, and wonder about how he was the only member of the Council to survive that savage massacre . I do know when he was rescued he did not look like a man who had suffered any hardship at the hands of others. Where as Captain Avery looked a good bit rougher and was genuinely confused when he was arrested and taken away. Now Casca is our King pro-tempore? I for one have a bad feeling about this entire situation.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Va'lis sighed gently, it looked like he would never become King...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lack of leadership hurts the kingdom more than any harm that Lord Casca has until now caused. Lets take a look at his record:

He prosecuted a terrible thief and locked him up for good. That is justice.
He survived being held in a cave guarded by untold hoards of creatures of darkness, and he held himself high on his rescue. That shows valor.
He accepted his declaration as King Pro-tem with good graces. I haven't seen his reaction, but I trust it was a humble one. It certainly is the honorable thing to do.

Casca is the picture of virtue in today's dark world. And I shall certainly follow his lead.

-Kei Wa, healer of the Blue Cross

R

RichDC

I personally believe that this man is part of the reason(if not the whole reason) our lands are being ravaged by the forces of darkness!

We must somehow get to speak with Avery, and on that note, whatever happened to sherry???im sure her observations would be interesting.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I get the feeling that in the near future we my find our dear "King pro-tempore" with a dagger buried between his shoulder blades?

*Looks at CatLord*

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do I get the feeling that in the near future we my find our dear "King pro-tempore" with a dagger buried between his shoulder blades?

*Looks at CatLord*

In that case he will be pretty safe.....Catlord has crappy aim!
lol

C

CatLord

... HUM...

Good enough aim to keep your cloak on my thophy room...

And it is nice to see you back on these boards and Catskills...

Though you would not come back after you resigned from moderating...

I am glad you are finding your UO fun again...

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see very troubling times ahead. Just as I was feeling comfortable being around 'civilization' again. I think it's time for me to go back to the wilderness where predator and prey know who they are.

I try not to get involved in governmental affairs but would like someone to explain something to me. Is Tokuno subject to the decrees from Britain? I have heard of a Queen of some sort in a hidden castle that rules there. Would the turmoil in our lands have any affect on that realm?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I'm not sure how much (if any) power the king would have in Tokuno. But wars are a bloody awful thing, and sometimes have a nasty habit of spilling over into places that they were never intended to.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brillient!!! Invade Tokuno! We can take over easy! they only have 2 cities! we have like 45!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 cities in Tokuno?
Only one I know of is Zento. What and where is the other one?

M

Moreeg

I just went to the castle, and maybe I never noticed this before... but was there always a serpent crest behind the throne???
8o

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Shakes head solemnly****

I've never been one to fully trust a person of Elvin kin. You know the saying though...keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I've been on the wrong end of an arrow/bolt more than once in Felucca, and always by the aim of an unsavory Elf.

****Hops on Dread Warhorse and heads to Britannia Castle to investigate.****

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Wonders how much blackrock it would take to "solve" this little problem...Immediatly starts to gather it and heads off to blow up a castle*

C

CatLord

* Joins the blackrock hunt... *

"Do you remember the 5th of November?"

(Lord Blackthorns Castle... closed.)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry, nothing to do with him being an elf. I don't trust him any farther than I can pick him and toss him. Who is he? What has he done for the lands?

A prosecutor and ambassador. Alright. Since when does that qualify you to be a King? And that trial was a farce. I was there. I too helped gather the evidence. But something stinks about the whole thing.

And exactly who is on this council that appointed him? Who chose this council? Last I heard the whole council was murdered. O, yeah, except for Casca who just somehow managed out of ALL the others to get himself kidnapped instead of killed.

Yeah, something stinks like two day old Mongbat bacon.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the fact that we cannot aproach the royal throne indicate something is about to happen? I too would like to know if that Serpent Crest behind the throne is new.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The serpent crest behind the throne has been there. I was trying to dig up a link but I can't find it. That was there since the time of Lord British I do believe. I saw the link with the explanation recently but I can't lay my hands on it this morning.

R

RichDC

Sorry, nothing to do with him being an elf. I don't trust him any farther than I can pick him and toss him. Who is he? What has he done for the lands?

A prosecutor and ambassador. Alright. Since when does that qualify you to be a King? And that trial was a farce. I was there. I too helped gather the evidence. But something stinks about the whole thing.

And exactly who is on this council that appointed him? Who chose this council? Last I heard the whole council was murdered. O, yeah, except for Casca who just somehow managed out of ALL the others to get himself kidnapped instead of killed.

Yeah, something stinks like two day old Mongbat bacon.
I agree, but dont forget casca wasn't the ONLY one to survive.

Lady Aileen also made it out, as did her aide sherry, whom on last reports was at Averys side...Seems to me Aileen knows something we dont, otherwise why would she have not returned???

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, but dont forget casca wasn't the ONLY one to survive.

Lady Aileen also made it out, as did her aide sherry, whom on last reports was at Averys side...Seems to me Aileen knows something we dont, otherwise why would she have not returned???
The funny thing is Lady Aileens name highlights in yellow in castle Brit, but she can not be found on either of the two main floors. Unless there is a third floor underground that has yet to be discovered. nah it has to be a bug... Oh and Aileen was not a member of the Royal Council but was just a long term guest at Castle Britainnia. As you can see from this old BNN story.

BNN: Of Mice and Women
Draconi Jul 11 2007 11:43AM

“But that’s horrible!” Aileen cried out, staring at her diminutive companion.
“I know, I know!” Sherry the Mouse squeaked out, “You can’t tell anyone!”

Time had passed quickly since Aileen had been sent to Castle British to represent the interests of Trinsic. Her upbringing had produced an arrogant, haughty young woman of noble ambitions, and she’d hated the old, dank castle from the moment she’d stepped across the drawbridge. “This is why Blackthorn had a Keep on the other side of the city!” she’d quipped to an embarrassed handmaid.

Within the first few days she’d alienated all but the most stalwart of servants, and they barely talked to her besides. The short visit had dragged on into a full week, then a month, and now nearly a year. A year is a long time to rethink one’s attitude to one’s hosts, and Aileen had learned a lot about Humility and how it applied to Honor, and at last, after many contrite apologies, had found herself with more than one friend in her new home.

One such was seated on a pillow in her room, nibbling on a piece of cheese.

“What about the raid on the Followers, did they all…?” she began.
Sherry waved quickly, “No, no, not all, but they lost a lot of men. The entire dungeon was nearly destroyed.”
Aileen fell back on the bed and looked up at the ceiling: “It sounds like they’re starting a war.”
“There’s been worse, but…”
“What about the Royal Council, what’re they doing?” she sat back up.
“Nothing!” Sherry nibbled angrily, “As usual! I think one or two of them are up to something, but the last thing they managed to do together was appoint that Casca fellow to some position or other.”
“Really? What’s he doing?”
“I think he’s the new Royal Ambassador now.”
“Have they announced it?”
“Nuh-uh.”
“Hmmm…” Aileen went through the roster of councilmen in her head, “What about Lord Francesco?”
“Ah! It was one of his men that led the group!”
“Really? Isn’t that something for the Royal Commander to do?”
“I don’t know, all I know is that the report says they almost captured the fiends, but one of their own was a traitor.”
“In the guard? A traitor?” her voice had gone soft.
Sherry put down the cheese and leaned forward: “Yes. I think it explains why there’re so many little factions now.”
“No one trusts each other,” Aileen finished, “What’ll we do?”
“I dunno. I’m worried! This isn’t how mi’lord intended the Council to act.”
“I won’t tell my people until the Council officially informs me.”
“I know, that’s why I’m glad we can talk.” Sherry wiggled her whiskers, “Well, I’ve got to be going! I want to go into town tonight and listen for more gossip.”

The strange thing is when the council was killed I don't remember hearing what happened to her? Last I knew she was to meet a Paladin named Anselm in Trinsic because she had him do some snooping for her, and she failed to show up. Anyone else know what happened to her?

**I checked a few other shards and Aileen's name is at the same spot on all of them. Just no Aileen...**

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The serpent crest behind the throne has been there. I was trying to dig up a link but I can't find it. That was there since the time of Lord British I do believe. I saw the link with the explanation recently but I can't lay my hands on it this morning.
OK, found it: http://www.uoguide.com/Sherry_the_Mouse

Sherry talks about the throne and the crest if that helps.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I went to Castle Brit to do a bit more research on Aileen. Her name highlights yellow but she is neither on the first or second floor and roof looks clear too. The strange thing is you can pull up her paperdoll and yet she isn't there. Is this a programing error? I don't know? I do remember at one time it was said by Sherry that the Castle was built atop of a older castle.

Here is some of the old Keywords that has me wondering if there is more areas under the castle. Remember though that these keywords were from over a year ago when they had the "rats with coins" in the Britain Sewers event.

Castle: Oh! Would you like to know about the castle? I can tell you about its history or even the layout!
History: This isn't the first castle, of course! 'Tis built upon the remains of older castles as the kingdom grew
Sewer: 'Tis separate from the city's, yet almost as complex!

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a Knight and Defender Of Britian I can Only Speculate as To Casca's Intentions But If he is Truely a Man Of Virtues The he Will find That i Will come to Any Aid He might need... But To forewarn If i Find he Is Knowingly Harming The Citizens Of Sosaria, Then as a Knight I Must Exact Justice

Phantroneous Knight of The Codex Tb Faction

D

DPudding

Friday was my last day....figures.

Having been involved in the original Ophidian invasion and the Ricardo manhunt and trial....I can say without reservation that Ricardo is the key to all of this.

1) He was setup.
2) He's still alive.

Why would he still be alive if he weren't an important part of the scenario? He's got a grudge against Casca. He knows the underground of Britain. What he doesn't know...Sherry Does.

Seek out Sherry. Get Ricardo out of wherever he is. Find the Council. Find Casca. (You know he has copious notes of all his dealings) Kill Casca.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As Commanding Lord of the Shadowlords faction we welcome Casca's Rule with open arms!

All Hail King Casca!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
As Commanding Lord of the Shadowlords faction we welcome Casca's Rule with open arms!

All Hail King Casca!
Evil chicks rule. *nods*

A

Auggie

I hope Casca is really in league with the Shadowlords. Since, the Guardian is tied with the Shadowlords and the Gem of Immortality I think this could end up being fun RP for the Undead.

Hail Casca!

leightong

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's no bug that Aileen is 'stuck' in the walls. She's been buried there if you ask me....
Also, they want to finish off Sherry. Has no-one else seen the poisoned cheese lying around the castle in mousetraps?
I have been out of action on this game for ages, so many apologies if I'm repeating obvious info here, but no-one else has mentioned it on this thread so far! :)

I would watch the new 'King' with sharp eyes.......

I swear I can see a new scenario on the horizon!

leightong

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's no bug that Aileen is 'stuck' in the walls. She's been buried there if you ask me....
Also, they want to finish off Sherry. Has no-one else seen the poisoned cheese lying around the castle in mousetraps?
I have been out of action on this game for ages, so many apologies if I'm repeating obvious info here, but no-one else has mentioned it on this thread so far! :)

I would watch the new 'King' with sharp eyes.......

I swear I can see a new scenario on the horizon!
...Long live King Ricardo! Up the revolution!

L

Lilith666

well there was a a report that sherry found recardo an avery in a cell