• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] A Heated Discussion on Mt. Sho

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Heated Discussion on Mt. Sho

Lady Masako finished the long ritual of conjuration at the edge of Mt. Sho's deepest lava pit. A column of smoke pierced through the boiling lava and a fire spirit of Mt. Sho ascended out of the pit. The protective outline of chalk and sacred herbs Lady Masako had used kept the fire spirit constrained within the large summoning circle.

"How may I pass the fire to pursue the Oni?" Masako asked. A few days ago, Oni had stolen the Golden Lotus and taken it into Mt. Sho to awaken Kai Da the Destroyer. The Fire Spirit replied in a guttural language that Lady Masako had never heard before.

The Lady Masako sent her companions to Makato-Jima on an urgent mission to seek a sage who can understand the language of fire.

Submitted by EM Eris

L

Lord Onslaught

Ok thanks. I've spoken to Joachim, Masako, Manami, Tomoe, Ryu and deciphered Ryu's message but its not entirely clear whether I'm actually on the quest. This also seems to be a dead end as the Fire Spirit isn't saying anything to decode.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
be careful, there are a crap ton of NPC that talk and respond from left over quests throughout the years that may lead thee astray

O

omgmir

I hope this isn't already over and ended before I spend a ton of time to decode this. =P

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Mt Sho. I figured I'd have to scour the lands looking for the translator.. but.. I kept hearing the call from the Abyss. I went down there before the Ranger quest ended.
Wow, so many events going on lately. I like, I like.

O

omgmir

If we could get some kind of official word about this.. cause after translating the fire elemental's words, it sounds as if the event shouldn't be taking place right now.

Yet at the shrine there are 20-40 people fighting spawn claiming Kai Da is an EM and the event is live.

So...

L

Lord Onslaught

Ero Dr hal Xvyticrll ygs rzkluue ancdlh
Kai Da The Destroyer has already awoken

Zt gista qigty vx yijk ficf abv jeghaz iw st. jvh hhu yevyl ai ukskfhf
In great wrath he rose from the depths on Mt. Sho and seeks to destroy

nyk gfr khcukn rbw hfc rimwgn nyonxg
the god Raijen and all living things

dhc uh ij om ocj xuzbxk nvspcs u nyk syfbuy fl ijofb aronzbh zniknxha dckn
Kai Da is at his ruined temple by the shrine of Isamu gaining strength with

ae okts fl oew tux ltdvow hn yos tcftuej
an army of Oni and Undead at his command

oe hal xre ow hal gfun rh moy 6kn hfik hzkkr kvx zoe xijsl
on the day of she moon at the 6th hour after the sun rises

ruz ja nwes wfse fim vz yos jvkphv gnu omatuq
Kai Da will come out of his shrine and attack

Unfortunately, none of that was necessary, some noob gated a million Tamers to Kai Da, either the pets/summons were healing it or it was regening to much to be killed as it had spawned as a parragon. The EM ended up getting Mesanna to nuke it down and it eventually died. It was basically a Crimson Dragon in a Serpentine Dragon wrapper. So a Crimson Cincture may have dropped. The rest of the event seems to have been completely unnecessary.

O

omgmir

Yeah I was there for a little while and hung around for a good 10 minutes with it at 96%.

I ended up leaving as my EC client crashed twice thanks to the huge fire****ball that they decided to use hitting everyone on my screen with 0 fps and it was clear they were getting nowhere.

What confused me from the start was how "on the day of the moon at the 6th hour after the soon rises" translates to 7pm on a monday night. For the first few minutes I was convinced the event wasn't actually happening and people were just fighting a static spawn.. until Kai Da started moving.

Translating the language was more fun than the final boss was, disappointing.

L

Lord Onslaught

Yeah, I missed the first part, but thought I was catching up pretty well. Not that it was clear whether I was on the quest or not hehe. I liked the theme and (despite being confused as hell at first) the translating part. I was thinking to myself I bet no one else has got this far yet, I cracked the code, and decided to check out the shrine and find everyones been gated straight in lol. Oh well. Still fun I guess.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didnt drop anything, but EM gated us all to a secret location and gave everyone a golden lotus petal