• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] A Farewell From EM Laurana

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from UO - Origin Events

A Farewell
Posted By EMLaurana on November 17, 2009

Players of Origin,

I write to you today with a message of thanks and farewell. I have resigned from the UO EM program, as circumstances prevent me from being able to contribute to the program to the extent that I’d like and that you deserve. I have had a most wonderful year on Origin, as I hope you have, and I thank you for the opportunity to share a piece of Britannia’s history with you. You truly are some of the best players in this game – in all of gaming, I’d venture to say.

You will be in fine hands with EM Faine Morgan. I wish you all continued joy and success, in-game and out. I plan to pursue other passions while returning to Britannia as a player.

With that, this is EM Laurana, signing out.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

EM Laurana,

It has been a privilege getting to know you. You will be missed on Origin, and fondly remembered. Thank you for all that you have done for Origin and the entire EM program this past year.

My best to you in all your future endeavors,
Sara

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Damn near cries* I just saw this and I am at a loss for words. you will be missed. Thank you Laurana for all the great fun.

*Fires off a 21 Cookie Salute*

E

Eyes of Origin

Awww :( This makes me sad *sniffles*
While we are in good hands with EM Faine Morgan, it was always kind of nice to brag that we had, not just one of the greatest EMs, but we had the two greatest EMs in the game. :)
EM Laurana, I wish you the best in all that you do. You will be missed by many. Thank you for everything that you've done for all of us on Origin!
*hugs* girly, take care :)

C

Crystal Canyon

This is a very sad day for our shard indeed. For once I think Im at a loss for words. I just don't know what to say.

Your presence for the past year on Origin has made our shard stronger and brought back so much community, that the thought of being without you now is quite a blow.

We will miss your sense of humor and the undieing patients that you had with all of us misfits here on Origin.

You will always remain "One of the Greatest" that ever graced our shard. I hope you leave knowing you made a difference.

We will miss you badly.

*BIG HUGS* :heart:

F

Frey Wavestrider

I echo the thoughts of the others that have posted. This is a very sad day for Origin, It was an honour to meet you milady and I hope your journeys through Sossaria are jooyful and exciting. May you have smooth seas and following winds. If you come to play on Origin, even to visit look us up. I am sure the brat will have lots of cookies for you.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for a job well done. Looking at the bright side You are the only Player with their own pumpkin.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sara, Do you know if a plaque is going to be placed in the Origin Award House? If so I think it would be nice for a small ceremony. Just a thought.

E

Eyes of Origin

Thanks for a job well done. Looking at the bright side You are the only Player with their own pumpkin.
I think Lauranas is the rarest of names as well. I only found one pumpkin with her name and never could find a jack o lantern... maybe this was for a reason...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sara, Do you know if a plaque is going to be placed in the Origin Award House? If so I think it would be nice for a small ceremony. Just a thought.
Good question, Yellow Beard. EM Faine Morgan is currently out of town with her rl job, however, she will be able to address this when she gets back in a few days. At the Award House/Museum, there is dedicated memorial area, something we might think about is holding some sort of ceremony for the impact Laurana has had on Origin there?

I didn't find any Laurana Jack O' Lanterns on Origin, however, I did on Baja. If anyone is interested in one on Baja, let me know. I have 2 each of the Laurana Jack O' Lanterns, and two of the smaller plus 6 of the larger Faine Morgan.

N

Nastia Cross

I have one of each kind of jack o' lantern with Laurana's name on Chesapeake. I don't play Origin but I know of your EMs and I'm sorry to see Laurana leave.

M

Mayadevi

*sniffles*

Oh dang !

I'm gonna miss her !

I hope where-ever you go Laurana, you got lots of cookies !

And I hope we can get together and do something, and have something to remember her by.

*nods firmly and then goes back to sniffling*

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sniffles*

Oh dang !

I'm gonna miss her !

I hope where-ever you go Laurana, you got lots of cookies !

And I hope we can get together and do something, and have something to remember her by.

*nods firmly and then goes back to sniffling*
Laurana will be greatly missed. EM Faine Morgan is hosting an EM Meet & Greet this evening, Sunday, November 22, 5pm Pacific, and part of the agenda will be a ceremony and plaque honoring EM Laurana.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laurana, You will be missed. May you have fair winds and a following sea in all that you do. I have a jack o' lantern with your name on it, locked down on my mail box, to comemorate your time here on Origin.