• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] A Day in Despise and an Ancient Evil Awakens

G

It was a busy day on the Pacific shard. Plenty of activity at the Yew Moongate and sources reported battles raging in both Despise and in the deserts of the Lost Lands. I set out to find a few of these battles and came up with a much greater story in the end than I could have anticipated...</p>

<p align="center">I first encountered a small group consisting of members from CD, ESF, and KDA in the depths of the Dungeon Despise
in the heat of battle with the Champion Barracoon. As I stealthily made my way onto the battle-scarred and
boobytrapped island, I immediately recognized one of the combatants... Holy Shadow of the Krafters of the Dark Arts.

We had a run-in previously and it was quite entertaining to watch as the Fallen Lords
arrived en masse to rain on his parade...

Gimme UrSoul gets past the paralyze fields with some fancy footwork,
but soon runs into the second layer of FL's defense...

Once the competition is eliminated, the Champion is healed back to full in preparation for the beatdown.

A short time later, in a likely attempt to provoke a fight, FO_O took a shot at the Vermin Horde's Champion.
I arrived just after the Fallen Lords had wrestled the spawn from FO_O's determined clutches.

I find a chink in the armor and sneak my way past the posted guard onto the contested island.

Now, if I just stand still... Oops.

It was then that FO_O made one more valiant push, but they were repelled with ease
on both sides due to the overwhelming number of Fallen Lords.

A familiar scene ensued in which Barracoon was swarmed and defeated in mere seconds by FL.
The gracious Lupus Arcus resurrected me after they had their fill of loot
and I returned to the bank to lick my wounds.

No sooner had I opened my bankbox did I feel a mounted rider brush past my shoulder. A deep, booming voice called for the banker and my eyes widened in recognition... Could it be? Impossible...

I emerged from the shadows and hailed the Ancient Fallen Lord.
To my surprise, I was greeted warmly.

Dracus wasted no time. Heads turned at the bank as he made his bold proclamation.

I was taken aback at the list of those who had already signed onto the AFL banner...
Names that had not been uttered in eons tumbled from his lips.
And to top it all off, word of yet another alliance. Most interesting...

Tempted as I was to join in on the fun and revisit memory lane, I declined.
It wouldn't do at all to be a part of the story of the century and
unable to share it because I was laying facedown in the dirt.

Stay tuned for more on this breaking story...</p>

D

Duke X. Winter

Wow, it's actually kind of exciting. Now..question is...is this just a ploy by FL under the guise of RP to create some friction...?

D

DarkFoxKy

this is def not a ploy!! its really underway !!! its going to be very exciting and actually very humbling for alot of the current so called FL that is running that guild now.... its going to be funny actually when the ancients come back and give em all a good spanking... and actually i think they need this...

D

Duke X. Winter

I'll be watching intently. Dracus wasn't all of a bad bird really. Spoke in a lot of fragmented sentences, which made it hard to understand, but still, not a bad bird.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are they actually going to curb all of the immature griefers or just add to them? If we are talking about eliminating all of the stupidity and actually bringing back fun enjoyable PvP, i'm all for it and would even be willing to help.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Kinda sounds like Washington, Adams, Han****, Lee, Huntington etc... Rising from the dead to say "what in the heck have you done to our country" LOL.

Then raising muskets against the current regime.

Or it's just an FL ploy to infiltrate these other guilds and destroy them from the inside.

Either way, I wish them luck.

G

<blockquote><hr>

this is def not a ploy!! its really underway !!! its going to be very exciting and actually very humbling for alot of the current so called FL that is running that guild now.... its going to be funny actually when the ancients come back and give em all a good spanking... and actually i think they need this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, more targets.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, more targets.

[/ QUOTE ]

PS Sitting at luna bank or in GZ at Yew isn't going to bring down FL any faster kiddo.

I

imported_frawsty

FL owns at overrunning three guys (low on mana fighting the spawns) vs twenty.

I love how FL talks big when they are en masse but when the numbers are even, their corpses are just as abundant on the field.

R

Rod

<blockquote><hr>

FL owns at overrunning three guys (low on mana fighting the spawns) vs twenty.

I love how FL talks big when they are en masse but when the numbers are even, their corpses are just as abundant on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who complain about their opponent having superior numbers have one thing in common. They are all defeated.

"The only reason FL won is they had more people". - so what? Recruit more people to face us. Quit your stupid little inter-guild squabbling and put together a force worthy of us.

"FL sucks at 1v1". - so what? We have some very good 1v1 players, but the core of FL is it's teamwork. We work together to accomplish our goal. We rely on our leadership to make sound decisions in our battles. PvP hasn't been 1v1 for a LONG time in UO, so please drop that argument.

So instead of saying "when the numbers are even", say "whoever has the greater numbers, generally wins". And FL has the greater numbers because of it's structure, leadership, camaraderie and maturity of it's members.

I

imported_Wing Chun

has anyone thought that FL has more numbers because it is a better guild. That it attracts more people who stay longer than other guilds?

FL wins because it is a better guild. plain and simple. you can argue all you want about numbers and all the other guilds lack of them but in the end FL wins the majority of its fights and that is ALL that matters.

I

imported_frawsty

I don't know whether FL is a good guild or not. What I do know is that the sheer numbers results in their dominance regardless of skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know whether FL is a good guild or not. What I do know is that the sheer numbers results in their dominance regardless of skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like the chicken or the egg, the world may never know.

And it depends on what spawn it is and what kind of char you're on, most spawns if your a necro you should have full mana when we raid =)

G

what is so special about old fl coming back to fight new fl?
all these no named pvpers from the past will just either A. join or B. get outzerged

R

Redrum1

Just my little opinion but I liked the old guard in FL. Most fought hard and well and I respected people like Ooji! I think that might be what the current FL is lacking, respect. Have a great time with this.

I

imported_Vexxed

<blockquote><hr>

People who complain about their opponent having superior numbers have one thing in common. They are all defeated.

[/ QUOTE ]

“A hero has faced it all: he need not be undefeated, but he must be undaunted.”

<blockquote><hr>

Quit your stupid little inter-guild squabbling and put together a force worthy of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... A force worthy of you? How about you come up with a force worthy of US.. FL is the one without standards... the one who guilds anyone and openly admits that not their skill, but only their numbers is the reason they win. What true pvp guild would want to be associated with such ? Your a joke... No one admires you for your skill / ability / tactics etc... simply having enough to win reguardless, bc of your numbers earns you no respect.

lol.. This comes to mind..

King Leonidas: [behind him] <font color="red"> SPARTANS! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION? </font>
Spartans: <font color="red"> HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! </font>
King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] <font color="red"> You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.
</font>

<blockquote><hr>

PvP hasn't been 1v1 for a LONG time in UO, so please drop that argument.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither is PvP 1 vs 10... FL isn't interested in PvP, they don't often don't even fight if they don't have the numbers.

<blockquote><hr>

FL has the greater numbers because of it's structure, leadership, camaraderie and maturity of it's members.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="orange"> Structure: </font> A guild designed to field enough people to make up for lack of skill.

<font color="orange"> Leadership: </font> People keenly aware of how unskilled their minions are and who do everything they can to make up for this. (No gate fighting / No raiding without numbers / Spawning T2A Rats with 15+ at 6am to increase PvP as they put it / Anything that happens after 11pm is INVALID.. lol etc etc etc)

<font color="orange"> camaraderie: </font> Like minded people who feel no embarassment at what they have to do to win... "Yea!! we sure owned him....(5 on 1... lol)

<font color="orange"> maturity: </font> I'll leave that one alone bc technically your probably right. I know of no other guild with as many Soccer moms in it. Not that Soccers moms are a bad thing... it's just when they seem to think that

Numbers = skill

We all chuckle to ourselves ... YES yes yes... FL has ALOT of people. No one admires you or thinks your special for having that though. lol

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off vexxed that one of the best posts i have ever seen, soccer moms and all.

second, pvp is one vs. one. it stands for player vs. player. its that fl doesnt choose to do so, next time to you run into someone outside the protection of your army of cochroachs, dont tell everyone and try to fight by yoruself and see what happens.

R

Rod

<blockquote><hr>

How about you come up with a force worthy of US

[/ QUOTE ] Ah the old "rubber and glue" argument. How can I possibly compete?

<blockquote><hr>

King Leonidas: [behind him] SPARTANS! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?
Spartans: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!
King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.

[/ QUOTE ] Great movie, you might be a little obsessed though. And didn't those guys all die in a pile when faced by an overwhelming force?

So you make my point for me, thanks.

FL wins because no one can present a challenge. When the guilds of Pac raise up and stand together, they will begin to defeat FL. However, those guilds will turn on each other and their alliances will crumble, and once more FL will stand alone.

<blockquote><hr>

I know of no other guild with as many Soccer moms in it

[/ QUOTE ] Makes the other "pvp" guilds on Pac look kinda shabby doesn't it? Being dominated by a bunch of soccer moms and non skilled pvp'ers.

<blockquote><hr>

Numbers = skill

[/ QUOTE ] Actually it's Dedicated Members + Superb Leadership = Shard(s) Domination. (Three shards currently)

O

OptPrime

If this split is real, then howcome Dracus is still pvping and guilded with the regular FL on Origin?

Something smells a little funny.

G

different player... I believe Danny Ocean owns that Dracus character on Origin.

Thanks for playing.