• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

newbie Ninja-Archer

Alex.Ko

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi!
I'm a new in UO-world, and I decided to try ranged- and stealth-attack playing style.
That way I try to make PvP / light-PvM archer template.

I see it so:
95 STR / 100 DEX / 30 INT (35 INT, after 6 months)

120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Ninjitsu

Ninjitsu can be raised up to 120, with a "right" armor bonuses or after 4 years.
For ex., Elven race gives additional +20 mana pool, and 30-35 INT will be enough, I think.
Ninjitsu I plan to use for a Death Strike and Backstab in PvP, and for Animal forms of Wolf/Llama (quick movement).
Also I plan to combine Ninjitsu with a weapon spec.abilities Dismount and Moving shot.

That's my first template. What can you say about it?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its fairly solid. I think your going to find it fun in pvp settings.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well equipment is pretty standard for what your looking for how you get there is complicated. Your going to want 70 in your resists if you can get more in fire that is good and there is also the extra 5 for 75 in energy for an elf. Then your going to want 40 LMC and 45 DCI and 45 HCI. From there its an issue of mana stamina and hit points as well as swing speed. There are many different ways to get there each a personal prefrence. The gear can be expensive but can make a big difference.

hamburger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few notes:

Deathstrike with ranged weps (archery) are not as effective as melee weapons. Unsure about backstab.

Note that you cannot use weapon specials while in ninja animal form.

If you want to transition into a "running" dismount from animal form, you need to have a good connection relative to your target and practice your timing.

Either you will be riding an ethereal (so you dont have a live mount following you when you are stealthing around) and field fighting or will be stealthing around for popshots and dismounts.

Note that you will be highly disadvantaged in field fighting as your template is more geared towards dismounting/ganking/popshotting.

You can offset your field fighting disadvtange by evaluating your stats and considering post potion stats w/ level of enhance potions (if any) and post curse as well as running them through a swing speed calculator as your primary weapons will be relatively low speed even with standard SSI (note that SSI is now abundant across many armor slots). Additionally, I would suggest that you should be very prepared for PVP without magic resist as mages get wise real fast. Always have a trapped box, apples, smoke bombs and maybe some mana draught (mana vamp is a pain). When in a jam, smoke bomb and fight another day.

If you think somone is tracking you, they probably are.

Lastly double shot on a yumi with dual hit spells is fun.

Have fun.