• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Clothes?

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone, I'm an old school player looking to make a return. I used to play on Siege periodically and with my return see no reason why I shouldn't come back to play this shard.

The game I used to know has changed so drastically, Siege seems like my only option.

Here's my question:

Does anyone have newbified clothing for sale? If so, how much gold am I going to need to save up to buy the following:
  • Long sleeve shirt
  • Doublet
  • Short pants
  • Scout boots
Knowing that it's going to take some time to build up my character, I understand I am going to die ALOT. I do plan on a bit of role-playing, and rather than being the guy running around on a naked elf, I'd prefer to at least be able to get dressed after death.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I smell a new thief...
Welcome back!
Thanks but not quite. While I did play a thief for some time, before I quit, I had transitioned into the detective/assassin profession, and never turned back.

In the coming weeks (once I get re-acclimated to the game), I'll provide a little more of my back story in the role-play content I plan to share.

The last time I stepped onto Siege, a couple of the players I would see quite often were a pair name Darth and Yoda.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah, they played before I came here.
You must´ve been gone for 10 years or so then.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I might have something blessed that I would gladly give to you for free :) Welcome back to Siege Perilous! If I find it Ill be sure to let you know! Also if I may, what is your in game character name? :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay fresh meat! Just kidding of course.

I will have to dig into a few of my other accounts but I may have some newbied items laying around. Not sure on the boots though.

What template are you planning to run? I still have a decent sized treasure trove of stuff in my bank to help you get started.

Did I read right? You are a detective? Please, please please say it's so...la

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have a dress that is blessed it is a purple pink color.. I do not know if you would want it or not. It's for free either way :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you die, they'll give you an awesome blessed robe for free, you can even dye it any color you want :p

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will look and see what I have in my closet for you.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all. It was a pleasant surprise when I logged in with my character. While the Brit bank looks like there were some major remodels and nobody around. I made my way over to Luna and found a pretty large group of people running in and out of the bank.

For being such a Scoundrel, Rico certainly came through with help. I still want to know what that "...la" means.

On a side note, I am going to go it alone for now. All I wanted was to have some clothing that didn't drop with my corpse. Now that I am covered with that, I can continue my journey. Gold and other items I will collect on my own. I don;t know why anyone would find it necessary to either transfer gold to the shard or create an advanced character to start. I thought I might, but skill gain is much easier now than I remember.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For being such a Scoundrel, Rico certainly came through with help. I still want to know what that "...la" means.
Shhh, don't tell anyone...I don't want anyone thinking I'm a nice guy :)

Oh and the ...la? Sorry, that is a non-discussion point...la

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) I concur with Victim Death Robes are blessed and easily obtained for nothing and dyeable. I been collecting even more on my RTB chr. named Tyme Warp who has not even been UO updated on that acct. since they created that dorky place called..tttrammel. Just got another one yesterday being killed by a jack o lantern named Grimm, easily achieved with 45 max skills in swords ! :rolleyes::danceb:And those death robes sure do make him look handsome ! lol

Last edited:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No advanced character or gold transfer?

Well Val, I think we could easily nominate you for poster boy for the type of new and returning player we want on Siege! ;)

Welcome back and don't be shy about asking for any more help you might need getting settled in.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I wonder what crate I put my innitiate armor set in...........

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well Val, I think we could easily nominate you for poster boy for the type of new and returning player we want on Siege! ;)
Hopefully, I won't be the only one. I actually am looking forward to building a new character from scratch. The only thing I do worry about is being locked into a 700 skill point template again. I have to admit, it got easy getting used to 720 skill points to allocate to a template.

So far, I have enjoyed the most of the changes/updates I have found since the time I used to play such as the quests and Enhanced Client.

Training so far has gotten me a nice little nest egg already, so when my skills do start accumulating I should have enough gold to start thinking about a house.

That in itself is going to be fun. While I love the classic homes, I want to give house designing a try.

One thing I would like to ask: My planned template won't cost too much to build since most of the skills don't require much to train up, but the one I am worried about is poisoning. Are there any active alchemists who would be able to sell me poison kegs as I need them?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have alchemy on a soulstone but no room for it on my template. I might pick up a 4th soulstone though this weekend and would be happy to provide you with the kegs you need free of charge. Just waiting for some PayPal funds to clear. :)

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So it was just explained to me (on UHall) that there happens to be a "new player" feature if you start up an account by purchasing the SA version of the game with 30 day time code.

Does anyone know if this "feature" is offered to players on Siege, and if it is, what types of goodies are offered?

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Never mind. Someone provided a link. I guess you get some type of initiate armor that works for accounts less than a month old, a check for 20k, rapid skill gains and a runebook with all of the trammel banks (HA!).

I would hope this armor is not blessed on Siege. Correct?

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be wrong, but in order to log on Siege, you need to remove your young status. Don't you need to log on prodo first to do that? Which would mean you'll get your goodies on a prodo shard.

Zalfein

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I might be wrong, but in order to log on Siege, you need to remove your young status. Don't you need to log on prodo first to do that? Which would mean you'll get your goodies on a prodo shard.

Zalfein
you do not need to say the phrase anymore, you can see Siege from the get go now. but if you log into Siege, your young status is automatically removed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the initiate armor is blessed on seige but is nothing major 50s resist a cool gold color. It does not activate when you log in but when you enter the code in game and drops the starter kit in your pack.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The armor works on any age account, I found the crate and have been running around in the blessed armor on a 156 mo acct.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So how do you get the armor and gold? I have't seen anything, do I need to enter my key code as a promotion code to gain access to it?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, hit help, promo code and and then type or cut n paste the code in and a green box titled "Starter Kit" pops into your pack.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hmmm, I did that, but it tells me that code has been used...which it has, to active my new account and give 30 days of game time. Is there another promo code I should be using?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a while since I got mine, I really can't remember if there was a second code in the email.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking it worked like the rustic and kings add ons where you activated the expansion in account and used the same code in game to get the items.