• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie archer help

L

lancelot99

New back and never before made an archer (pvm only), i have a template in mind and also a few qustions..
(700 points)

120 archery
120 tac
120 anat
120 ss
120 bushido
40 necro (curse weapon)
(not sure on the other 60 points)

1. would this be an effective template for pvm? (i worry about no healing ability)
2. what are the best artie bows people use?
3. where are the best places to hunt for slayer bows? (can they be made?)

Thanks for all advice

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
1. would this be an effective template for pvm? (i worry about no healing ability)
1. I only played a necro Archer back when you could cast Vamp form and remove items without losing the form. This was also before they nerfed the leeches from bows. Nowadays I occasionally play my wife's ABC archer and it does ok.
2. To my knowledge none of the arti bows are worth a crap. Reforged and Imbued are much better.
3. You can make them yourself and trust me, the key to PvM on almost any char is having the right slayer type weapon for your opponent. Pretty much plan on making every super slayer type along with a few of the more handy regular (triple damage) slayers... ie.. Dragon and Spider slayers.

J

Joey Porter

1. I only played a necro Archer back when you could cast Vamp form and remove items without losing the form. This was also before they nerfed the leeches from bows. Nowadays I occasionally play my wife's ABC archer and it does ok.
2. To my knowledge none of the arti bows are worth a crap. Reforged and Imbued are much better.
3. You can make them yourself and trust me, the key to PvM on almost any char is having the right slayer type weapon for your opponent. Pretty much plan on making every super slayer type along with a few of the more handy regular (triple damage) slayers... ie.. Dragon and Spider slayers.
Agree 100%

Look for the thread on Juka bows. Def the cheapest way to get all the slayer bows you need.

Only artie bow i like a little is the ironwood composite bow.

J

Joey Porter

Agree 100%

Look for the thread on Juka bows. Def the cheapest way to get all the slayer bows you need.

Only artie bow i like a little is the ironwood composite bow.
What shard are you on?

If you are on Atlantic I have a good amount of extra bows i could hook you up with to get you started.

As for template I play a mage/archer most of the time. Love dropping two ev's, hitting with bow and armor ingnore and using healing to keep health up.

I do have bushido on a soul stone but just cannot get comfortable with that template.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your going to want to drop the necro and SS since the leeches suck. Other then that it does work but it is very gear intensive that being said I love playing mine.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New back and never before made an archer (pvm only), i have a template in mind and also a few qustions..
(700 points)

120 archery
120 tac
120 anat
120 ss
120 bushido
40 necro (curse weapon)
(not sure on the other 60 points)

Thanks for all advice
I was a little worried about no healing either, but my character Lorax is one of the most fun after I dropped healing last year. I'm reworking his suit, but wraith form is much better than mana leech and opens up another slot on your bow. My template has multiple methods of healing from cursed weapon, spirit speak to chivalry.

Currently,

anatomy 110
archery 120
tactics 110
chivalry 80
bushido 115
necro 40
Spirit speak 60

The suit is really important to me for this template. My suit has 40 SSI that allows my bow to have higher other properties and the stamina leech is higher so my bow only needs 15 SSI.

Hope you have as much fun with your character as I am.

-Lorax

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wraith form is great for recovering mana...and as pointed before u can even use bows without mana leech on them but..being in wraith it means u are not mounted, that means u can't use a yumi 4example and the double shot.That's a great special for pvm imo.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently,

anatomy 110
archery 120
tactics 110
chivalry 80
bushido 115
necro 40
Spirit speak 60
-Lorax
I messed up that skill list and forgot to include the 85 ninjitsu, which is for the extra mana reduction.

-Lorax

Last edited: