• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Newb Question (sorta), Splintering weapons

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: are splintering weapons worth anything as far as selling them to players? i assume they are used for PVP?
sorry if it sounds like a newb questions, but ive been saving them and would like to know wether to keep/sell/ unravel them . thanks !

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on the type of weapon and what other mods it has.

Things like butchers knife and war forks are popular and can sell for hundreds of millions.

PvP mods like hit spell, HLD etc will also add value.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on the type of weapon and what other mods it has.

Things like butchers knife and war forks are popular and can sell for hundreds of millions.

PvP mods like hit spell, HLD etc will also add value.

What is the value of these weapons? as far as usage i mean. since you say they can go for hundreds of millions. do they add an effect? dont they break when you use them ?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They ware down fast due to the splinter effect. As long as they aren't imbued you can just apply powder of fort to them over and over to bring the durability up.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess i dont understand why they go for millions if they break? do they give some kind of unfair advantage in PVP ?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess i dont understand why they go for millions if they break? do they give some kind of unfair advantage in PVP ?
Yea... the quick explanation...

1) Splinter Effect is Forced SLOW aka Walk + Bleed and is hit effect
2) It can go off with a special move.. Say DISARM.. so know your Disarmed (no defense) + Walking + Bleeding.... HUGELY Powerful
3) Splinter Weapons lose Durability FAST.. but can have Powder applied to fix this...
4) You cannot powder up an imbured item.. hence you cannot powder up Splinter weapons.. SO because of this if it comes with PvP mods it's worth a TON... Why???? because people enjoy PvP and better gear improves your odds...

Example.. Disarm Archer 210 Stam suit.... + splinter Warfork... Aka Disarms target and gets luck with splinter effect going off... Target is disarmed.. walking ... bleeding.. and eating 1.25 swing speed moving shots..

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess i dont understand why they go for millions if they break?
Like I posted above, they only break if they are imbued. If not imbued you can just apply powder of fort to bring the durability right back up. This is why the prices vary alot with different splinter weapons. Post up some examples of the kinda things you have found and we can help you out more.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I posted above, they only break if they are imbued. If not imbued you can just apply powder of fort to bring the durability right back up. This is why the prices vary alot with different splinter weapons. Post up some examples of the kinda things you have found and we can help you out more.
ok thanks for all the replies yall. gonna have to look up my bag to see what ive got then :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Question: are splintering weapons worth anything as far as selling them to players? i assume they are used for PVP?
sorry if it sounds like a newb questions, but ive been saving them and would like to know wether to keep/sell/ unravel them . thanks !
Assassin Honed Weapons are the way to go, My Assassin Honed Yumi is deadly :devil:

:thumbup: