• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Warrior Forum Moderators

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Greetings, Warriors! As you may have noticed, the Warrior Forum has been without active moderators for some time. With warriors playing such an important role in the UO community and its history, we couldn't let this perpetuate. As such, Dreadlord Lestat and I stepped forward to take on this role. We want to take a moment and introduce ourselves.

I started playing UO back in 1999. My first character was an archer who promptly got PKed within the first hour of creation in the mines just outside Minoc. I learned that day how "war mode" worked. :eek: I got past that experience and eventually setup homes on Great Lakes and Hokuto. I took a break in 2002 and then came back in 2007. Since my return, I've slowly been establishing warrior characters on just about every North American shard, but my primary shard is Atlantic. I've particularly enjoyed being an active member of this forum since my return. I've built and suited multiple sampires, wammys, wraith throwers, a Stoneform mystic dexxer, and tried my hand at a couple PvP templates (Stealth Archer and Ninja Thrower) in addition to a ton of caster and crafter characters too.

The warrior forum has long been my favorite among the UO Stratics Forums. This is where warriors of all disciplines roll up their sleeves to work out the nitty gritty details in an effort to perfect their characters. Whether you PvM or PvP, are a new player or a senior warrior, this forum serves all UO warriors. Lestat and I have plans to revitalize the outdated FAQ posts, and develop consolidated How-to threads for sampires, wraith throwers, and PvP dexxers to start. We're also going to take a special look at weapons and suits (particularly relevant with Pub 81 in development). And we've also got some other ideas that we'll work on behind the scenes to see if any of them gain traction.

I look forward continuing to discuss warrior issues with all of you. I'd love to hear your thoughts on warrior focus areas and ways to serve the greater UO Warrior community. Until then, keep swinging!

-OBSIDIAN-

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Greetings, I would like to tell you some about me as well. I have been a member of Stratics since 2001 and have been a mod since 2009. I have been playing UO since 2000 and though I have had a couple of breaks, I could not leave UO. My first 2 characters were a tank mage and a swordsman though I also have also had many different skills and templates. I remember getting pk'd many times in the Brigand camp near the Brit Crossroads. I took my lumps and gave the best fight I could give though I was new to the game. I love the risk vs reward in this game and the crafting aspect is awesome as well. I am constantly looking to better my armor, skills, template and look forward to helping others with what I learn.

I took an extended break in 2007 and returned in 2009. My characters in recent years have been more of a caster and tamer but I am returning to my roots. I forgot how fun melee characters could be and have been greatly enjoying the different templates I have been trying. I am not as knowledgeable as my esteemed colleague Obsidian, and that is why I volunteered to help the warrior forums. As I was dusting off old characters and creating new ones, I saw how outdated the information was. It needed an overhaul and active mods. I will learn along with a lot of you and will give this forum my all. Obsidian and I have a lot of updating to do and a lot of new ideas that we hope will help others. I think he and I will be able to answer most questions and help new players and vets alike. As Obsidian stated, we are looking forward to working with you and hearing your ideas and suggestions!

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very, very happy to see both of you here as Mods.... Congratulations! ;)

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! Could you start out with a sticky of the thread "120 Chiv?" I believe there were some requests in that thread to have it sticky'ed and I have referred back to it for information on a few occasions.

I have always enjoyed your posts Obsidian and look forward to both your future contributions! :thumbsup:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Congrats! Could you start out with a sticky of the thread "120 Chiv?" I believe there were some requests in that thread to have it sticky'ed and I have referred back to it for information on a few occasions.

I have always enjoyed your posts Obsidian and look forward to both your future contributions! :thumbsup:
Don't worry -- We're going to incorporate the great data Logrus provided on how damage is calculated. In the mean time, I stuck the "120 Chiv?" post per your request. I will eventually release it once we pull the relevant data into the updated FAQ.