• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New UO?

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Anyone think the creators of the new 'sandbox' game Linkrealms used to be UO developers? Looks a little to close to the mark for coincidence. www.Linkrealms.com
Maybe one of the UO freeshard developers? Definitely not an established/professional game company, but I agree the graphics engine would be a lovely upgrade.

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Anyone think the creators of the new 'sandbox' game Linkrealms used to be UO developers? Looks a little to close to the mark for coincidence.

Although I wish UO would have a graphic overhaul like that.....keeping the 2d and no the EC is not the future of UO.

www.Linkrealms.com
This game looks really good I might give it a try.
The graphic really reminds me of Uo: Third Dawn.
I've never understood why the uo devs didn't keep the Third dawn client and optimize it with the Ec features .

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really cool looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably some UO fans. They did an awesome job.
Looks very promising.

I know Lord Brittish is now busy with Shroud of the avatar.
Just not feeling Shroud of the Avatar.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An Corp!!!!

A legit UO 2.... Shards Online has made an Official Classic UO Server.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mythyn Interactive, LLC - MobyGames
Mythyn Interactive is a game development studio founded in 2001 by Herb Flower (who previously established Rewolf Entertainment) and Paul Witte. It is based in Riverton, Utah (USA).

The studio is working on an isometric sandbox MMORPG called Linkrealms, similar to Ultima Online. After a beta that ran between January and March 2009, no further news was provided until November 2010, when beta invitations were resumed.

My eyes hurt from trying to watch it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone think the creators of the new 'sandbox' game Linkrealms used to be UO developers? Looks a little to close to the mark for coincidence.

Although I wish UO would have a graphic overhaul like that.....keeping the 2d and no the EC is not the future of UO.

www.Linkrealms.com
If that is 'better' graphics I'll stick with what we've got. I found it hard to distinguish what was happening. Watching it was bad enough, I'd hate to try to play them.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that is 'better' graphics I'll stick with what we've got. I found it hard to distinguish what was happening. Watching it was bad enough, I'd hate to try to play them.
Oh haha! I was specifically talking about a different game oops...I didn't specify!

They've created a Classic Server that mirrors UO. Best part..it's only $40 and no subs. I don't think I can publically put any real "game screenshots" or videos because of a NDA at least on a public forum setting, but it is awesome! It feels like old 1997 UO done correctly. Not over complicating things like RG did. A smarter server that allows travel between clusters "aka shards" like UO should've done years ago. Taming, Bard, Magery, Swordman or woman. Housing, dungeons, quests. It's led by Supreem and Deimos past UO Leads from what I gather. I'm still relatively new though.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you see is one of their official servers called Aria. They have another called Legacy, which is literally a UO clone using their engine.
I pledged to the game a while back and see its on Alpha now. I'm just getting the client. Lets guild up and rule the shards universe!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pledged to the game a while back and see its on Alpha now. I'm just getting the client. Lets guild up and rule the shards universe!
I can meet you at town Center. Log into Samctuary Legacy Beta. I'm on Cazador.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Dhagoth Ur

Visitor
Anyone else think UO with diablo 3 style graphics would be awesome (as its basically the same camera angle), or is that just me?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Me since the beginning, i hate bears. I need to update and start playing again

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guardians Of Ember

There's another new isometric one with housing, crafting and PvP. I kind of like the graphic style too.
One of these days one is gonna be released which will make people wonder why we put up with UO......

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

www.Linkrealms.com

That even kinda resembles the Third Dawn client. Looks pretty cool.