• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New toy - G15, need advice as how to set up in conjunction w/ UO please.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Old dog may have bitten off more than one can chew (is technology challenged). This new keyboard is sweet, just wondering how to set up some of the extra keys for hotkeys in UO. I know how to set up a UOAssist script to fish a tile for 16 casts. What can I do with this new toy?

U

UOKaiser

Old dog may have bitten off more than one can chew (is technology challenged). This new keyboard is sweet, just wondering how to set up some of the extra keys for hotkeys in UO. I know how to set up a UOAssist script to fish a tile for 16 casts. What can I do with this new toy?
Well heh. I don't know if I should post any of it here knowing how people feel so much of making things um repetitive without interaction even though as long as you are attended you not breaking any of the almighthy TOS. I'll just point you to the right direction...
Agree this keyboard and other like it come with software so they can work right. Use that software to program macros to initiate macros on your uo assist which in turn operates your UO. You are not using a third party program with uo exept authorized uoassit and the macro software interacts with your keyboard which in turn interacts with your uo assist with in turn operates your keyboard which in turn operates your UO.
Well if you got all that it basicaly means you can turn those 16 cast and move forward commands automaticaly for the whole day with a press of just 1 key for the beggining of the day without ever breaking the TOS as long as you are attended.Well have fun in the adventure.

But for the basic stuff just set up hot keys and pretty much tie in a macro to those hot heys. Someone here can do more detail into it if needed. I just played with the g15 for a little while

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not one to fish more than an hour or two at a time fully attended, so don't mind hitting buttons every 16 casts. I'd like to learn how to use those new G1 - G6 keys. Right now they are identical to F1 - F6. Can i set up G1 for 16 casts to the northeast, G2 for southeast, G3 southwest, G4 for northwest, G5 slow forward one x 8? Sounds like I should be able to do all that with just G6! But I'd settle for just getting G1 to not act like F1.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You can change the Gkeys to anything you wish. There is a pretty neat tutorial in the help section of your key profiler.

I have the old school G15 with 18 Gkeys. I do not assign complicated macros to the Gkeys. I use the in game macro system and assign them to a hot key. The most complicated in game macro I have at the moment is a disarm, drink pot, rearm utilizing the enhanced clients in game macro system.

I will keep an eye out for further questions...

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did like the tutorial showing how to delete all contents in a notepad with the push of a button. Not all my accounts have UOAssist, so this should do the trick for fishing macro. I'm still fuzzy on making in game hotkeys for casting, and then recording the 16xs i hit the hotkey for a G key? One more big question... how do I stop a macro in midstream so I can kill the serpent?

O

Old Man of UO

... One more big question... how do I stop a macro in midstream so I can kill the serpent?
If you are using the Enhanced Client, create a Blank Macro that does nothing (such as delay 0.0, or whatever). This will stop the macro in progress. The Escape key is supposed to do this, but isn't as reliable.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice buy spellbound, the G15 truly is a remarkable keyboard. Now, when talking about automating things in UO, please be careful.

U

UOKaiser

Nice buy spellbound, the G15 truly is a remarkable keyboard. Now, when talking about automating things in UO, please be careful.
Yep that's why I never posted advance resouce gathering macros with uoassit or training macros as you can just use common gaming keyboards and mouses to just automate the uoassit proccess not to mention the new enhance client and KR. Who needs that forbidden program when you have UO own system that can do similar things without ever breaking the TOS. Thats why so many things make me laugh that is posted in stratics.
But yea G15 is a nice one. Gonna need to grab me something similar soon but first need a new motherboard and case my dual 9800's can't fit right.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
use the old one and bought a spare before they switched to just one row of g keys!! one i reeally like is newer g13 pad!!!!!!!!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
use the old one and bought a spare before they switched to just one row of g keys!! one i reeally like is newer g13 pad!!!!!!!!!
How is the newer 13 different from the old school 15?

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did like the tutorial showing how to delete all contents in a notepad with the push of a button. Not all my accounts have UOAssist, so this should do the trick for fishing macro. I'm still fuzzy on making in game hotkeys for casting, and then recording the 16xs i hit the hotkey for a G key? One more big question... how do I stop a macro in midstream so I can kill the serpent?
To stop a running macro, use the M buttons on the top to toggle to another macro set. Then toggle back.

Eg, if your macro that's being played is one of the 18 G-keys under M1, to stop, press M2. That will stop your macro. Just remember to toggle back to M1 when you want to restart the macro.

Other ways I use my G15:

Because I am running out of keyboard combos to assign in-game and UOA macros/functions to, I re-assigned some of these functions to keystrokes like ctrl+shift+alt 1, then use the G15 to press the keystrokes. This frees up my F1-F12 keys and single combo keystorkes for fast response macros.

I also use it to disarm, drink pots, re-arm like Kelmo, but I do it in the legacy (aka classic) client in conjuction with UOA.

Because you can also toggle between different sets of G Keys using the M keys, you can also have say M1 devoted to your mage characters, and M2 devoted to your warrior characters.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all for great advice, especially how the stop the casting midstream! I've got the hang of it now. The 2007 model only has six G keys, but still plenty of versatility for me. I think my mouse's longevity will increase ten fold! It surely is a useful toy, and I will not abuse it's capabilities.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to be of help :)

Yeah, the newer models all have less keys due to its' size :( Even the G 19...