• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] New to Imbuing

PaulCH

Journeyman
New enough to imbuing that I'm even having trouble phrasing the question properly but I think that I got it. At 45 imbuing (or the minimum level that you can unravel items to get enchanted essences), can you unravel all items that can be unravelled to produce enchanted essences? Same question for relic fragments.

The reason that I ask is because I have 72.8 imbuing and I have a bag of items that I can't unravel. Is it safe to assume that all items that can be unravelled will produce relic fragments once I reach 95 (or whatever min imbuing is to get relic fragments)?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes, if i understand correctly. or the items cant be unraveled at all

PaulCH

Journeyman
Thanks Storm.

Found confirmation...I think :) I always forget to check the UO Wiki at UO.com, relying mostly on Stratics and UO guide.

We're starting with the assumption that the item can be unraveled. Answer is:

"The resources obtained from unraveling are:

Magical Residue, obtainable by an unskilled artificer
Enchanted Essence, obtainable from 45.1 skill
Relic Fragments, obtainable from 95.1 skill"

UO Guide is missing this part:
"Property weights for unraveling work as follows:

below 199 Total Intensity = Magical Residue
200 to 449 Total Intensity = Enchanted Essence
450+ = Relic Fragment"

For me, with a little "leap of faith", this means that any item over 450 property weight will produce a relic fragment which I should start getting at 95.1. That means that any items that I have in the bags that are unravelable should produce a relic fragment.