• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New To Imbuing/Reforging

Trying To Figure Out How To Make 100% Elemental Weps. Do You Just Burn Through Shadow/Dull Copper Runic Hammers Until You Get Them? Or Do You Have To Imbue Or Reforge Them?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've always relied on treasure hunting loot, so much of this is new to me.

Why does everyone want 100% elemental?

Sent from mTalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does everyone want 100% elemental?
Say for example you are fighting something that is undead. Generally the lowest resist would be fire. If you are using 100% fire damage weapon you can do more damage.

Also if using Onslaught, the swords mastery they are pretty nice.

"The swordsman executes an onslaught of attacks on their opponent reducing one of their victim’s resists based on the swordsman’s swordsmanship and tactics skill and the damage type of the weapon used for a duration based on mastery level"

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, I thought it had something to do with the imbuing / enhancing / referring potential. In reality, you carry several 100% elementals (slayers if possible) for the increased damage.

So how to compare a 100% elemental weapon with 0 DI to a 50% elemental with 30% DI?

Sent from mTalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I thought it had something to do with the imbuing / enhancing / referring potential. In reality, you carry several 100% elementals (slayers if possible) for the increased damage.

So how to compare a 100% elemental weapon with 0 DI to a 50% elemental with 30% DI?
Yeah I carry a full set of super slayers on my sampire all 100% elemental damage apart for elemental where I opted for 100% HML.

As for comparing the damage I've never really tested it. My sampire has 70 damage increase on the suit so I only need 30 on each weapon. I imbue 50 (the max) as there is enough room for it. You get 600 imbuing weight on a double axe so I find there is always room left with 5x maxed out mods.

I did think about going for 100 damage increase on the suit and then not needing it on my weapons at all but in the end I didn't bother and went for the "budget" option.