• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Template and Wanting Feedback.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Anything useful and constructive is appreciated. I'm wanting a template that I find fun and mostly I'm only trying to understand if I'm going over any caps or where the deficiencies may be for fights as strong as Balrons or Ilsh. Also, I'll be using this template to test some PVP waters for the first time. I have soulstones, but for everyday working I will keep the skills below and not juggle. This isn't intended as a professional build.

Elf

Alchemy
Anatomy
Healing
Lumberjacking
Resisting Spells
Swordsmanship (Natural 120)
Tactics

Strength 125 (Adjust and add to Intellect as I find out potion strengths to get to 150 cap.)
Dexterity 100
Intellect 35 (+20 Mana with Elf Racial)

Primary Weapon will be a Double Axe, Large Battle Axe, or Halberd.
Hit and run tactics. Staying out of melee.

Questions:
How often can you drink a healing/refreshing/curing potion?
Can the enhancement potions (Greater Strength) push you over the 150 hard cap?
Is my Damage calculation correct?
Tactics - 68.75%
Anatomy - 55%
Lumberjacking - 30%
Strength (150 with Potion) - 50%
Damage Increase Equipment - 30%
Drop the .75% from Tactics
Total = 233%
Is it possible to use a separate set of jewels/equipment for marking and recalling?
I also thought about Necromancy and Spirit Speak. This would remove Alchemy and probably Resisting Spells. I was unsure of how many enemies in UO would be affected by Blood Oath and other spells.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All that pretty much determines your base damage. There are a hundred write-ups on this under the sampire pages. I'd really start there cuz it's way too much to type.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How often can you drink a potion? That's easy to test. Just buy some pots. Don't remember the number off the top of my head.
No you can't get over 150 str. You can overcap to 150+ strength so when you get weakened, you'll still end up with 150 strength or so.
Yes, your dmg calcs are correct. Took me 10 seconds to plugged it into my dmg calculator. I recommend getting 100% DI though. It adds more %dmg than 100 anatomy and 100 LJ combined.
dmg calculator.jpg
Without magery, you can recall with scroll. You can equip +50 magery gear and mark with mark scroll. Or soulstone magery.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Anything useful and constructive is appreciated. I'm wanting a template that I find fun and mostly I'm only trying to understand if I'm going over any caps or where the deficiencies may be for fights as strong as Balrons or Ilsh. Also, I'll be using this template to test some PVP waters for the first time. I have soulstones, but for everyday working I will keep the skills below and not juggle. This isn't intended as a professional build.

Elf

Alchemy
Anatomy
Healing
Lumberjacking
Resisting Spells
Swordsmanship (Natural 120)
Tactics

Strength 125 (Adjust and add to Intellect as I find out potion strengths to get to 150 cap.)
Dexterity 100
Intellect 35 (+20 Mana with Elf Racial)

Primary Weapon will be a Double Axe, Large Battle Axe, or Halberd.
Hit and run tactics. Staying out of melee.

Questions:
How often can you drink a healing/refreshing/curing potion?
Can the enhancement potions (Greater Strength) push you over the 150 hard cap?
Is my Damage calculation correct?
Tactics - 68.75%
Anatomy - 55%
Lumberjacking - 30%
Strength (150 with Potion) - 50%
Damage Increase Equipment - 30%
Drop the .75% from Tactics
Total = 233%
Is it possible to use a separate set of jewels/equipment for marking and recalling?
I also thought about Necromancy and Spirit Speak. This would remove Alchemy and probably Resisting Spells. I was unsure of how many enemies in UO would be affected by Blood Oath and other spells.
I think you'd struggle with both PvM and PvP on that template. The most obvious reasons that spring to mind;
With no Chivalry or Bushido your damage won't be particularly high. Slayers work to a degree. Super slayers are better. However, you mention Balrons (which don't have a super slayer) and Ilshenar, which I'd equate to also meaning Parragon Balrons. Which leads to the second issue, you have no Parrying for handling hard hits, combined with Healing with low Dex. Bandage speed is increased every 20 Dex up to a maximum of 4s at 140 Dex. Which you wouldn't be reaching even with E.P. and potions, plus Curses/Clumsey. When you take a big hit of *I think* over 30 your bandages slip and are less effective. All of the above combined I would say you would struggle against any level 5 or higher monster (meaning Balrons/Ancient Wyrms/Greater Dragons/Succubi/any bosses/level 3 Parragons), you should be ok against level 4 monsters such as regular Demons/Dragons/White Wyrm etc.

Further problems, your low Dex also equates to low Stam, combined with slow weapons.

As an Elf you have no innate Alchemy skill, so Greater Str/Dex do 20, with 50 Enhance Potions on your equipment they do 30, with GM Alchemy you can equip a further 30 E.P. bringing it to 36. You can drink Str/Dex/Refresh/Cure (when poisoned) indefinitely, Heals *iirc* are every 30s.

If you are sticking with this plan, I'd consider Ornate Axes into the mix as they are one of the better weapons for damage and speed.

Necro would enhance your options immensely in both PvM and PvP. However, a lot of it comes down to skill/stat balancing and the equipment you use.

P.S. I love fun templates over professional builds, I just don't think you'd have much fun on this as it is.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[...] with GM Alchemy you can equip a further 30 E.P.
I always wondered if gm alchemy simply gave you a boost in EP or if it only raised the cap by 30% and you still had to find items to actaully raise it to a combined 80%...
So having gm alchemy only raises the cap?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
GM Alchemy gives additional EP, no need to equip more than 50% from items. I have an archer with alchemy and 50 ep for a total of 80 ep and his str/dex pots give more of a bonus and last a little longer.
That said I don't think alchemy is worth it on the above build. I'd drop it for bushido, it will give honor damage bonus, confidence heals, etc.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I always wondered if gm alchemy simply gave you a boost in EP or if it only raised the cap by 30% and you still had to find items to actaully raise it to a combined 80%...
So having gm alchemy only raises the cap?
Sorry that was worded badly/incorrect. GM Alchemy gives 30% E.P. so you don't have to equip it.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all. I'm scrapping this, but thank you for the replies. I wanted a warrior template with Alchemy and Axes.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all. I'm scrapping this, but thank you for the replies. I wanted a warrior template with Alchemy and Axes.
It's not a pairing with a great deal of synergy tbh, although saying that you don't HAVE to have LJ to use the axes (most people don't), but I know you probably wanted to anyway (I often do).

Don't be discouraged though, there are loads of combinations of templates that aren't so mainstream (and usually a lot more fun because of it), so hope you keep looking and post back.