• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New tamer on ATL

Krambone

Visitor
I been taming for about 4 days now I'm at 77.1with jewels my question is once I'm 90 dies it have to be real skill for the masteries to work and how do I go about getting the taming ones to help me gain faster.. also I played t hunter most of my time in uo what pets do u all recommend me to get the most enjoyment from this class .. u can drop me a pm or post here happy looting.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you have 90 Taming in real skill you can use Masteries. Masteries effectiveness is determined by real skill, not items that boost your skill.

To get a Primer of Taming you could by one off a player vendor. You will need a Book of Masteries. Just use the Vendor Search function.

I'd recommend Bake Kitsunes at 90 skill level. The other option would be Drake's.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
To get a taming mastery on your own is hard, I got mine at the Turtle Champ Spawn, but chances of getting one are low, and getting a III extremely low. I'd buy a Vol I off a vendor for taming gains.

Other than a greater dragon (or a turtle), I don't think there's any other pet suitable to t-hunting.

Krambone

Visitor
Once you have 90 Taming in real skill you can use Masteries. Masteries effectiveness is determined by real skill, not items that boost your skill.

To get a Primer of Taming you could by one off a player vendor. You will need a Book of Masteries. Just use the Vendor Search function.

I'd recommend Bake Kitsunes at 90 skill level. The other option would be Drake's.
Thx for the info so lvl 1 will help in gains

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You don't need a Vol III for taming, that only gives you the third choice (consume damage). The taming gain comes before you select consume or empowerment, in fact, you don't have to select it at all. Just having a Vol I mastery is sufficient to get the gain.