• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Stains

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi can some one please tell me what plant or seeds are needed to make the metal, off white,and ice coloured stains...i have tried all the plants i have come across, but none seem to make these colours..any info would be appreicated

A

Argnak

Metal is a combination of natural and black pigment(i think), and off white is white combined with natural pigment too.
I dont think u can get ice from plants.

Edit: Ah... seeing the chart bellow, i see u call ·ice· all colours mixed with white. :p

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't mix the dyes, you have to mix them while they're in pigment form, then turn them into dyes :)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You bother because you rock.
And because not everybody needs to invent the wheel for themselves.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone tell me why I bother?
Because you want people to be able to find things, and Stratics to be organised in a way that people can find things?

Thing is, we're a bit slow sometimes, and we're sort of used to not being able to find anything (or maybe just expect not to be able to find things, so don't even think of looking) - and let's be honest, if you ask something around here you get instant answers from people keen to help, so it's taking a while to get used to the idea of working searches and navigable index pages... we'll get there eventually though ;)

O

Out of Date

Someone tell me why I bother?
It's important to keep in mind that
stratics is a very messy website with alot of information so it can be difficult finding what you're looking for, and most of the times the info turns out to be outdated.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is why I've been knocking myself out for over 6 months to try to organise and update it. However, the new content isn't searchable by google, you have to use the index menus to find it.
That isn't my choice, isn't my doing, and isn't within my power to alter.

I guess I may as well give up. The current trend seems to be 'if it can't be googled it isn't there'. So basically, I'm wasting my time.

K

King Frankie

Which is why I've been knocking myself out for over 6 months to try to organise and update it. However, the new content isn't searchable by google, you have to use the index menus to find it.

I guess I may as well give up. The current trend seems to be 'if it can't be googled it isn't there'. So basically, I'm wasting my time.
well it did not help to make the site with the kinda menu system they have now i see alot of ppl missing out on the info by that :/

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I suspect the tone of that is more a result of, as you say, 'knocking yourself out' getting this place into some sort of order, and your current mood of 'tired'. You need a break from the work you are doing, and a rethink of what it's about..

Yes, it needed to be made better - and it's appreciated what you have done, and are doing, and it's massibely improved - but can you imagine what this place would be like if we didn't ask each other stuff? Knowing people will understand the reasons why we ask, try help, and explain or discusss what they know is one of the core elements of the 'community' we keep mentioning. You know you're not trying to replace that, just to make what is here easier to use, and slowly it's getting there, and people are beginning to use it more - but there's no 'failure' in people not using that first, always and only alongside them talking things over and asking people in the forums....

Basically - you need a holiday from constantly rebuilding and moderating Stratics. It's turning into a 'job', rather than a fun side to your hobby. :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I've just got a case of the 'blues'. Sorry to take it out on you lot. :grouphug:

Frankie, do you have any suggestions for how to make the menus work better?

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Petra,

you need a hug.
Maybe something else to but I save that for hubbie.
:lol:

If you want some help send me a pm.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

King Frankie

Petra remove the expand option on some parts. I think that would help alot.