• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Seed Color Scheme? Or Something Else?

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Today when i was doing my cross-pollinating, and keeping fingers crossed for mutants and/or vanilla seeds (lol) I got a very odd colored cross. It's kind of light orangy-pinky color seeds. Considering i was crossing green x green that was a bit of a surprise.

My questions is: with the new patch and the change to vanilla seed color on the plant menu, have the other mutant colors changed as well? Or am I going to get pink seeds????

Last edited:

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Interesting. Keep us posted when you grow them please :)
LOL, ok will do guess i'll find out in a couple days what i've got. It's probably just wishful thinking that we might get all the different colors of rares from mutant crosses and not just black and white. :)

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm interested in seeing a picture of the seed itself, and the plant after you grow it if it's an odd color.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok guys so i pulled the seed this morning, the mother plant is a green peculiar cactus, seed is a black peculiar cactus seed (which is funny actually). Nothing unusual about the seed at all, same black color, same black name, etc.
So not sure if all rares will now have this weird pinky-gray color on menu, or just black ones, or maybe it's because it's a peculiar. This last patch did alter the color of vanilla seeds from black to gray....

that's my update, no exciting news at all , sry guys :)

Last edited:

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I so dont understand how everyones getting colored mutants.. All mine I can't pollinate or take pollen from :(

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I so dont understand how everyones getting colored mutants.. All mine I can't pollinate or take pollen from :(
You can get the colored cactus seeds (the one that is the flowering cactus) from boglings. Those you can cross-pollinate, and if you cross 2 of those you get a colored spider tree seed. There are other crosses you can make with those, you can find the information here http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/gardening-essay/colored-plant-oddities

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, a guildmate found colored bonsai seeds, and I was so confused.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are you getting the vanilla seeds from? I'm not having any luck on Minions, Overseers, or at the swamps.
The colored vanilla seeds are made from the random cross pollination of Barrel Cacti, Tri-Barrel Cacti and Prickly Pear Cacti

The non-colored vanilla seeds are from the Exodus Minions in the Exodus Dungeon

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it random that a colored vanilla plant will spawn from the cacti cross pollination?
Or is guaranteed?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cacti cross pollination is random, which can be a complete pain. :(

Last edited:

jill

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running the Naturalist quest.. i've confirmed you can get black, white and fire red vanilla plants.. but do aqua, magenta and pink vanilla seeds exist?
I'm curious because vanilla was originally a peculiar plant (hence black & white) but fire red plants in the naturalist quest are of legendary styles.. Plus vanilla.

seems odd.. i'm confused

-jill