• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New SA tameables?

C

controlfive

i can't download the client this evening or i'd be stealthing around looking for some, but i'm curious if anyone else has found anything yet.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
found 5ish new tameables so far. the "ish" is because there are a few types of boura, haven't looked into the differences yet...

the slith and chicken lizard are both one slot pets, the raptor and boura are 2 slots, and the skree is a 4 slot.

*edit*

found another slith, this one alot tougher, 2 slots though.

so far i've found 3 types of boura, ruddy(2 slot), lowland(2 slot), and high plains(3 slot)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Skree is a 4 Slot, is that what the rest of you are getting?

The Chicken is able to be breed to perhaps create a Battle Chicken, and I have no clue how wimpy or tough that is.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Skree is a 4 Slot, is that what the rest of you are getting?

The Chicken is able to be breed to perhaps create a Battle Chicken, and I have no clue how wimpy or tough that is.

Four slots is like a Cu-Sidhe...

What are the stats of this new pet after tamed ?

Is it rideable ?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would Liken a Scree to be more on the level of a Bake Kitsun and no were near a 4 slot pet and can not be ridden, well heck I was a Gargoyle and they can't ride anything anyway so .....

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Raptors are closer to the bake equivalent.

I'd suspect they'd be kinda fun when trained up.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know On the iron beetle is that you can tame it ( I watched someone tame one).

That person said it is supposed to mine ore. I saw piles of ore in the area.

Someone on uhall said they are for some crafting purpose and still being tested.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know On the iron beetle is that you can tame it ( I watched someone tame one).

That person said it is supposed to mine ore. I saw piles of ore in the area.

Someone on uhall said they are for some crafting purpose and still being tested.
Do you know were it spawned / was being tamed?

S

Salya Sin

I just downloaded the classic SA last night, and so far I've found a Ruddy Boura, a slith and the chickenlizard (HILARIOUS). Had a nasty encounter with a toxic slith (WOW), a new wyvern that EV's can take but not easily, and those blasted trapdoor spiders. Where do I find the Skree or that Raptor thing?

Only one disappointment... I want to tame the Fairy Dragons but you can't. I hope there is a way to get one... maybe trapped in a crystal on the Stygian Dragon boss. That would ROCK! :danceb:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the Skree and the Raptors going east and working south.

I found another batch of the Scree going North then Westward.

I have just been out there wandering around looking at everything I see.

So far Peace Taming things have worked very well.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was Near the entrance to that incredibly huge spider, Harvey night eyes or some such. If that helps...

S

Stupid Miner

Highland bouras take 3 slots. All 3 boura types are slightly different.

You're missing the new golems from tinkering too.

F

Frey Wavestrider

I have tamed bouras, raptors and skeet? I think they should all train up nicely and are definitely situational pets. I will be going for sliths, the toxic ones if tameable may be very good for things like swoops.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found these fellows (Wolf spiders) in the under world near the goblins.

2 Slots, around 200 hps, 200+ str, 140+ dex, poison, resists all around 35 im guessing, and 100% poison (!) and pack instinct.

Seems like they could be pretty nice trained up. Beats a pair of drakes im guessing.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lowland boura has pack instict as well. the ruddy boura does not.

Anyone know why the skree is a four slot pet?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lowland boura has pack instict as well. the ruddy boura does not.

Anyone know why the skree is a four slot pet?
Yeah I double verified the Skree I tamed was a 4 slot.

I took him to my useual Haunts for testing new tames.

I used the Ogre Lords in Despise and the Cyclops in Despise.

*Shrug* He did a LOT better on them both than the Raptor I had tamed and that has better stats.

One thing I noticed and I would not go to far with this, the things I threw my Skree at seemed to .... well for a lack of a better word be peaced more often than not. The things I threw at Wild Scree's (Greater Dragon and Cu Sidhe) occasionally just stood there. Now both were almost able to one hit it, but again for a 200 ... 300 hp mob they held up really well to both the GD and the CU, considering if you look at their Skills they are really really really in the toilet. My pet, based on memory, was mostly all 20's and 30's for skills.

I think there is more to this creature than meets the eye.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I believe the skree is using the sleep spell to to this. I think he has the speceal attack of sleep breath instead of fire breath. but i could be wrong. I was wishfully thinking that since this critter is so small that as it ages it will get bigger? maybe become something more than what it is but I do think there is more to this pet than what we are seeing right off.

But seeing as they gave us a form of breeding it would not be far off to suspect that they gave us a pet that would grow with age and care (another idea that has been tossed out here from time to time).

T

thelust6

Hello! I found this little treat in the beastiary section of uoherald.com;

*Elder Wyrm* http://www.uoherald.com/guide/beastiary.php?beastiaryId=44

At the bottom of the webpage it states it was last updated at Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:05:44 -0500, now I have no idea if this mythical creature is already roaming the lands of Britannia, whether it's within the Abyss or plainly not around, any info would be nice!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello! I found this little treat in the beastiary section of uoherald.com;

*Elder Wyrm* http://www.uoherald.com/guide/beastiary.php?beastiaryId=44

At the bottom of the webpage it states it was last updated at Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:05:44 -0500, now I have no idea if this mythical creature is already roaming the lands of Britannia, whether it's within the Abyss or plainly not around, any info would be nice!
Isn't Elder Wyrm another name for the Ancient Wyrm?

Looking at the beastiary, they have also miss named the Balron? Calling it a Baldron.

T

thelust6

I've heard players refer to it in that context in the past but Ancient Wyrm is listed seperatley on there too, plus the Elder Wyrms picture and stats are completley different, it's a gold hue ;) - I noticed the spelling error with Baldron too :p thought it was a new demon creature, like an {elder} balron :p

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I've heard players refer to it in that context in the past but Ancient Wyrm is listed seperatley on there too, plus the Elder Wyrms picture and stats are completley different, it's a gold hue ;) - I noticed the spelling error with Baldron too :p thought it was a new demon creature, like an {elder} balron :p
I must be blind, I checked the list before posting, and again just now, I don't see Ancient Wyrm on that list, just Ancient Lich. Can you post a link for the AW please?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've read, a skree has mysticism as one of its skills. Unfortunately I havent done enough testing by myself but I am definately going to have a skree for my tamer once the expansion goes live. (I've read about skrees casting colussuss and all I thought was like: wtf, a 4-point-pet can summon another 4-point to its help? But I somehow lost the focus of those reports and cant say, if those were/are still true.)

*likestospreadrumours*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The UO bestiary is not a reliable source of information. No SE or ML creatures are included in it.
The reason it shows as updated is because they ported it into the UOHerald pages from the uo.com pages.

C

controlfive

i think they only new pet i'll get on my tamer is one of the 3 slot bouras. everything else is pretty underwhelming.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me : Skree and battle chickens :)

...and..............I like the iron beetle too !

(i wish the boura would be rideable by humans and would come in diff rare fur colours)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think they only new pet i'll get on my tamer is one of the 3 slot bouras. everything else is pretty underwhelming.
I am trying to GM the Skree before the Open Beta Ends.

So far I have him on the Shadow Elemental, most combat skills in the higher 80's and he continues to increase both the power and frequency of the Sleep Breath.

It is certainly a Breath Attack as you can hear it and it is getting louder as his Combat Ratings increase.

Two very visable things are the Skree is not really needing any Greater Healing even though his skills are the lower.

Second, the Shadow Ore Elemental is noticeably not increasing in skill as he clearly is incapacitated.

I am NOT sold on the Skree but as it increases in skills, it is demonstrating a noticeable improvement as a pet.

I sure would like to know the stats and resists on the Battle Chicken though :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of taming a skree myself, but rather than using a shadow elemental, I'm using myself (set wrestle 300... have at it. Resources are free there).

My observations:
The offensive power of the skree is junk. The base damage of the little pteradactyl chick is a mere 5-7, and thus this creature won't be used as a solo pet or in player vs. player activities. However, once someone else is in a fight with a dragon, a second tamer could enter the fight with a skree and the magery and sleep spam will turn a difficult fight into an easy one.

I would love to see how a skree does against peerless and champs.

Or even if the sleep breath is against one creature or an area effect breath?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the power of skree will be in a group situation, or when the tamer can do the damage alongside the skree's sleep attack.

The 4 slots IMO isn't a reflection of how strong a pet they are, but rather to stop tamers teaming them up with other pets or to put an untamed pet to sleep while the tamer tamed it.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of taming a skree myself, but rather than using a shadow elemental, I'm using myself (set wrestle 300... have at it. Resources are free there).

My observations:
The offensive power of the skree is junk. The base damage of the little pteradactyl chick is a mere 5-7, and thus this creature won't be used as a solo pet or in player vs. player activities. However, once someone else is in a fight with a dragon, a second tamer could enter the fight with a skree and the magery and sleep spam will turn a difficult fight into an easy one.

I would love to see how a skree does against peerless and champs.

Or even if the sleep breath is against one creature or an area effect breath?
What I have seen when it fights in a group mob is, it is a single breath attack. I am not sure this does not mean it can not eventually sleep several.

Well I got all the Combat Ratings to GM, EvalInt and Med and GM and Magery at 91.n

*Shrug* He took down an Ogre Lord and given the resists on an Ogre Lord plus the hit power, I would not cast this one into the Wimp Pile. BUT I am not convinced that as a Solo pet it is worth a 4 slot rating .... not yet anyway.

I am going to put it up against other things tonight and see if a better pattern appears.

Winchkin has raised 2 uses that has occurred to me.

The Low Damage vs High Resists may make this an ideal tool for taming other mobs. Of course the 4 slot in this case wont stop ... a number of people as they will use two tamers to do the same thing.

The other one is that any template that gives the Tamer the ability to do Damage will benefit from this pet .... possibly.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I took the Skree around to a few of my favorite haunts and he just did not perform as a 4 slot tank.

What ever his niche is, I doubt seriously that it is as a Tank.

Z

Zhao_Yun

nice looking pets

found 5ish new tameables so far. the "ish" is because there are a few types of boura, haven't looked into the differences yet...

the slith and chicken lizard are both one slot pets, the raptor and boura are 2 slots, and the skree is a 4 slot.

*edit*

found another slith, this one alot tougher, 2 slots though.

so far i've found 3 types of boura, ruddy(2 slot), lowland(2 slot), and high plains(3 slot)

F

Frey Wavestrider

Well I took the Skree around to a few of my favorite haunts and he just did not perform as a 4 slot tank.

What ever his niche is, I doubt seriously that it is as a Tank.
I agree with wenchy that the reason for the 4 slot status seems to be to stop you from pairing it up. A tank it is not, however if it was 3 slot and it could be paired with a bake or mare, I suspect it would do well and the combo would excell. Also, it would excellent for an archer tamer. Allowing that template to do more damage.