• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New/Returning players

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ok , haven't made any more comments because I get lazy with typing out what I want to say , I wont lie, I am new to the whole RP thing, I stumble and worry I'm screwing up and make myself discouraged. What I am actually here to say however is, I am a meet and greet kinda girl (old lady actually but humor me). If there is someone I haven't seen or heard of before you can bet I am going to approach them and chat, so I hear and see a lot different kinds of people. Yes some take advantage or get to needy and it gets tough , I sometimes have to step away and count to ten. Far as RPers you all are the experts on this field I know but some of what I see is, there are existing players who have always played UO or have for years, some are returning ones and some don't specially ask for RP , but, they show interest in it, the ones today I am talking about are some that I either know in real life, which my real life friend has always wanted to role play on uo, she is who talked me into playing UO back in 99 and still wants to try RP, she has returned. She doesn't play a whole lot but does play, also there are people that help me with Haven Dinners who show interest in RP , maybe not totally get into but would actually partake in tavern nights and other events. The problem with these people I am talking about is, some don't use icq or some don't look on Stratics so to get them to go to RP boards will be even harder. I know it would be great if everyone were totally devoted, but as some of you have pointed out the game is dimishing and so many have left to get brand new players is a rare thing, I though am one to always look for HOPE. All these comments are right on and I'm not against any of you, but I do feel that sometimes we need to step away from forums and actually just meet people, all of you are excellent RPers and can RP with those NON RPers regardless. I admire that. So If I do think how many more NON RPers could or would also and possible you could be the one to spark an interest for others to try.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok , haven't made any more comments because I get lazy with typing out what I want to say , I wont lie, I am new to the whole RP thing, I stumble and worry I'm screwing up and make myself discouraged. What I am actually here to say however is, I am a meet and greet kinda girl (old lady actually but humor me). If there is someone I haven't seen or heard of before you can bet I am going to approach them and chat, so I hear and see a lot different kinds of people. Yes some take advantage or get to needy and it gets tough , I sometimes have to step away and count to ten. Far as RPers you all are the experts on this field I know but some of what I see is, there are existing players who have always played UO or have for years, some are returning ones and some don't specially ask for RP , but, they show interest in it, the ones today I am talking about are some that I either know in real life, which my real life friend has always wanted to role play on uo, she is who talked me into playing UO back in 99 and still wants to try RP, she has returned. She doesn't play a whole lot but does play, also there are people that help me with Haven Dinners who show interest in RP , maybe not totally get into but would actually partake in tavern nights and other events. The problem with these people I am talking about is, some don't use icq or some don't look on Stratics so to get them to go to RP boards will be even harder. I know it would be great if everyone were totally devoted, but as some of you have pointed out the game is dimishing and so many have left to get brand new players is a rare thing, I though am one to always look for HOPE. All these comments are right on and I'm not against any of you, but I do feel that sometimes we need to step away from forums and actually just meet people, all of you are excellent RPers and can RP with those NON RPers regardless. I admire that. So If I do think how many more NON RPers could or would also and possible you could be the one to spark an interest for others to try.
I would suggest that any interested role-player at least log into the RP chat in game. But keep in mind that other tools such as forums or ICQ are often used to coordinate activity. I can't think of any current role-players on Catskills that would ignore an attempt to interact or a shout out in RP chat, but I do know quite a few who prefer to know that something is going on before they just randomly log in because life is busy and so on and so forth. I get like that myself a lot of times too. So I see those other out of game tools as methods to sort of maximize the chances for interaction. Is it ideal? Probably not. However, if you want to maximize your ability to find interaction and activity, it's probably best to consider those options. With role-players in particular, since there are those who enjoy ongoing story lines and the like, sometimes forums and ICQ are also a good way for a new arrival to get caught up on things. This isn't always the case and people can do so just via interaction, but they can facilitate things.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Totally understand what you are saying, I just have a few friends , that I just can not get to use ICQ regardless of how much I tell them it would help with activitys, I am still working on them about it and they seem fine just randomly finding activitys, you guys are great at meeting people , just be aware their are some that are just bucking the system of modern usage of the internet like icq and forums. ( I myself find I get way to lazy about checking forums, if I don't see it on stratics I just forget to go further) (Me just relying on stratics is because I also play Atlantic sometimes so to see whats going on all over Stratics seems to be the best route for me) I will try to make myself use the other boards and forums MORE I promise. I will also keep on these people about checking themselves. I kinda think tho there are more like them out there that just plain refuse to go further then what they get just in game. I am going to try to remember to post on Bulletin boards at the Luna house and the Jade Dragon for those I do run into to check. Id be glad to friend any of you to either place to help post on bulletin boards, (some people do not even think their are citys beyond Luna or just don't travel beyond there its a crying shame) Thank you Judas I know you do a lot for everyone and glad we have you on Catskills