• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Publish - Still no updates to - Tracking/Detect Hidden

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These skills are totally underpowered.

I have GM in both and struggle to track or reveal players who have an equal number of counter skills(hiding/stealth) and it has such a long timer between uses.

GM Tracking should not need any specific parameters set for the track bar "Player or Monster/Animal". I shouldn't have to specify what to search for as a Grandmaster tracker. It should just search for players and tell me what form they're in.

Also detect fails too often.

Balance the game please.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These skills are totally underpowered.

I have GM in both and struggle to track or reveal players who have an equal number of counter skills(hiding/stealth) and it has such a long timer between uses.

GM Tracking should not need any specific parameters set for the track bar "Player or Monster/Animal". I shouldn't have to specify what to search for as a Grandmaster tracker. It should just search for players and tell me what form they're in.

Also detect fails too often.

Balance the game please.
When/if they do they need to nerf the detect/tracking in JOAT because you should NEVER find or reveal a player with GM hiding and 120 stealth with JOAT.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this was a nerf sampires thread it would be 15 pages long by now with a reply from someone with some authority or influence.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, i too have a Mage with GM Detect Hidden/GM Tracking, and even with GM Detect Hidden applying to the "Reveal" spell, it's still underpowered for actually revealing stealthers. I already explained the reasons for it being underpowered, in one of Rico's "Come to Siege...la" threads.
Basically to sum it up, the cooldowns on Detect Hidden and Tracking are longer than the cooldown on Stealth (especially with Smoke Bombs or Shadowstrike), the Tracking arrow updates too slow, and even with GM Tracking/Detect Hidden and hitting them dead on with a Reveal, you can have less than 50% chance of popping them out of Stealth due to Stealth going up to 120, and even harder if the Stealther is an Elf.
Stealthers have it EZ Mode, particularly Stealth Archers, and especially on Siege (no Passive detect).