• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New players using old client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam not sure if this question/sugestion should go to you devs, but here goes.

I have seen alot of new players joining the game... which is great! However many of these new players seems to use the old 2d client.

I really do believe that new players should chose the new client, as it has so many advantages.....

Would it be possible to put a small description on the download page where you list a few of the features of the new client and maybe suggest new or returning players to download and use it?

I think that most new players UO gets are players that started with another MMO like wow or LOTR, and the learning curve when using the new client is much easier than the old 2d client, because you did a great job making the UI look familiar :)

Keep it up!

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the question we should ask is why are these players going with the Classic Client. I can think of a few reasons:

1. The Enhanced Client is still in "Beta" - We are slowly working towards getting the client to a point where we can consider it officially released. We don't want to do this until we are sure its ready.

2. Their friend who got them to try it said the Classic Client is better - This is up to you guys. You might like the Classic Client better because you are used to it, but is it really the best client for a truly new player to use? Probably not.

3. Their machine can't handle the Enhanced Client - A reality we have to face as UO developers is that many people play our game because it runs so well on older computers and computers that are not meant for gaming. It actually give us an advantage over other online games. Since the Classic Client renders the entire game entirely in software (without the use of a graphics card) it runs great on these machines. However, the Enhanced Client makes extensive use of your graphics card and some computers simply won't be able to run it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.