• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New players claiming to be "vet players"

A

Atlantian

I'm tired of these people that claim to have played this game since the beginning and have either bought the account or came back after many years and reactivated their old account. It's easy to pay real money for your items and if you do that's fine but don't say you've played the entire time like some of us and gotten these items and experience from playing this game and talk crap like you know what's going on.

K

Kiminality

The joy of language is that a derived meaning is still valid.

Although, I'm pretty sure the derived meaning from "pixelization" is not the same as was implied in reply to the OP.

(also, Faith is a nubcake :p )

A

Atlantian

The definition for pixilated is "mildly insane, bewildered, tipsy, very drunk" I could go on but what does any of this have to do with what I said? Please stay on subject or make another thread about the definitions of words that DO exist. :wall:

K

Kiminality

I prefer this topic, though...
You can't really participate on the OT, then ask people to stay on topic :p
Tacit endorsement...

And, I don't have a quiet place :p

There's a whole slew of words, based around the term "pixel" (Picture Element), which is what I believe Faith was referring to (although, knowing him, I wouldn't bet the farm;)).

P

panzerskau92

As a vet player who came back after a few years of not playing, it's very confusing to me. PaxLair on Chessy is gone, none of the cities are the same, and what the hell happened to Magincia?? I had a house, a very very small one, but it was big enough to store a few things I enjoyed. So much has changed and I really feel like a fish out of water. I got excited when I saw Vesper on the world map, then found it to be New Haven! Everything has changed, and I don't see many people actually roleplaying these days. In fact the first RP contact I had was a guy who played an Orc. Time's a changing.

S

Salty Pete

Ah I see. So those of us who played for years, quit when the game turned to **** and are reupping now aren't vets because we didn't play continuously from the time we first started until now?

I guess I can understand that point of view. I mean, alot of the game mechanics are different and there are a lot of the new areas of the game... The thing is that a lot of the game is exactly or close to exactly the same now as when we started. I was able to log in and play normally the few times I have reupped or done a free trial since the AoS debacle.

A

Atlantian

Do you brag about being a vet? That's what I'm B@#%^$@# about! These people that know nothing about the game and buy an account or restart after years of being dormant and they all of a sudden are vets! And to top it off they brag about how they worked their but off to get there! It's like the rich kid that had it given to them.

K

Kiminality

As a vet player who came back after a few years of not playing, it's very confusing to me. PaxLair on Chessy is gone, none of the cities are the same, and what the hell happened to Magincia?? I had a house, a very very small one, but it was big enough to store a few things I enjoyed. So much has changed and I really feel like a fish out of water. I got excited when I saw Vesper on the world map, then found it to be New Haven! Everything has changed, and I don't see many people actually roleplaying these days. In fact the first RP contact I had was a guy who played an Orc. Time's a changing.
I'm informed that "both PaxLair and the roleplaying community on Chesapeake are both still there".

P

panzerskau92

I discovered that as well, Kim, shortly after I posted that. It's a huge relief to me, since most of my time is spent doing RP and not getting my butt whipped by the new monsters that have cropped up lol!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone who may have played for years and deactivated their account have just as much as a right as those who started playing a couple of years ago. I don't understand how someone can "Claim" to be a vet.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does it matter if they are a vet or not. LOL, seems like someone got their efeelings hurt...la

A

Atlantian

If you've played 10 years then you're a 10 year vet. If you've played 6 years but quit for 4 years and then came back, then you are a 6 year vet with 10 year rewards. And sorry someone hurt your efeelings...la

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm tired of these people that claim to have played this game since the beginning and have either bought the account or came back after many years and reactivated their old account. It's easy to pay real money for your items and if you do that's fine but don't say you've played the entire time like some of us and gotten these items and experience from playing this game and talk crap like you know what's going on.
Just curious, but why do you even care? Do their claims somehow de-value your hard work over the years? I started playing in 2000, then took a break from 2004 until late 2007, what does that make me? I consider myself a vet, does that bother you? Granted it's taken you longer to get what some people are simply just buying, but I don't see a problem there other than maybe a little jealousy on your part. Am I right?

A

Atlantian

I am a 9 year vet that's played for 9 years. No need for a fake vet status like some others. Claiming to be something you're not is BS. And people like that cannot be trusted in my opinion. Lie about that and you'll lie about almost anything.