• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New player welcome wagon, does anybody know?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether or not the new acct creation code for SA still comes with thirty days of "New Player Smell"?

It was never part of the add copy so I just have no idea how to advise a recruit that appears to be an actual, honest to goodness, New to UO player.

Any help would be appreciated. I have sent PMs to Cal and Messana already.

Thank you.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking for more information about this from the producers letter dated 9/3

Finally … “What in the world is this new player token?”

The new player token is currently only available for new player accounts (less than 30 days) and through the purchase of the Stygian Abyss Expansion. Currently, upgrade players may not receive the new player token.

New players with the token have what we called internally “the new baby smell.” Simply, it’s a limited time alacrity that allows elevated skill gain for themselves and their party members. In addition, they start with a bit of gold, a weapon and an armor set. The amount of gold is meant to get them started. From what I’ve experienced as a new player, and from inputs from players at the Town Hall, the 20K is just enough to “get you in the door.” We are hoping that the alacrity and grouping with more experienced players will get new players the rest of the way.
anybody, anybody, anybody...

Beuller?....

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started playing in January. I received no token, armor, or alacrity beyond the normal New Haven quests. If by "a bit of gold" they mean the 1000 gold, then yes, I got a bit of gold; but it felt more like a crumb fallen from a poor man's supper table.

As an aside, I was talking to a local barrista at a coffee shop I frequent. I convinced him to give UO a try this Summer. He is starting his new account sometime later this week. I told him I would give him a 'gear bag' to help give him a leg-up.

O

olduofan

Whether or not the new acct creation code for SA still comes with thirty days of "New Player Smell"?

It was never part of the add copy so I just have no idea how to advise a recruit that appears to be an actual, honest to goodness, New to UO player.

Thank you.

less than 2 months ago it did give the new player items :D

R

Rivi

Thank you.
New SA accounts came with a "New Player code" that gave a golden ticket that was char bound that activated the "new player smell", a named armor set, and 20k in gold for a short time. However a few months ago when I tried to purchase another new player code, they were not available anymore according to customer service. So it is no longer available as far as I know, but maybe they will bring it back with upcoming plans for new players. :spider:

Rivi

PS at the time they were available you would see the language advertising the "New player code" before final checkout if you bought from EA game store but it did not show on UO gamecodes I believe.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they just got the upgrade for their three day old trial. So we may never know. Thanks to all for the advice.