• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New player trying to figure some stuff out...

Xaereth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey, I used to play like 10 years ago, but obviously a lot has changed since then! There doesn't really seem to be a lot of people who play here anymore. Kinda making me sad :p

Anyways, I've been running all over the place trying to find armor to buy (like, ya know, *good* armor, or at least sets of it. Thing is, I can't find any vendors who sell it.

It feels like maybe I'm just missing something. Can someone point me in the direction of a good armor/weapons vendor (or 2)?

Thanks in advance!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the introduction of the imbuing skill EVERYTHING has changed as far as armor & wep's. It's basically, make then modify the armor or wep to your templates liking by an imbuer. Tirrag will help ya :D

Xaereth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Lol, it won't let me send PMs until I have more than 10 posts here. I'm not going to just post 9 more random times just to get to send them. So, here's my reply to Tirrag:

Thanks! I'm trying to make a fencing 'Sampire' right now. A guy actually helped me earlier today, and gave me some decent armor. I would still like to know how to acquire more/better armor however.

It's true that now you can just re-configure your weapon/armor stats every time you want, if you have a willing imbuer/smith?

Everything is sooo different :p

Thanks for your time :)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best thing to do (that will help you on getting a Imbuer to help) is to start getting some ingredients together to do mod's on armor. T can fill ya in on just whats needed to do what to stats. GL & welcome back

tirrag

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
greetings Xaereth :) i have a fencing Sampire care package waiting for you when you are ready to pick it up! im sure you will be satisfied with its contents :D

to answer a few questions:

you can configure equipment but with limitations. in general any item can only have 5 properties imbued. once imbued you cannot remove that property, only raise/lower its intensity. there is a weighting system that limits the intensity you can put on the armor. check out the imbuer section on stratics and uoguide and also take some time to peruse the stratics craftsman forum.

see you soon :)