• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player Template Help

G

I have finally gotten tired of the boredom of the Production shards and wanted UO to become challenging again, so I have made the move to Siege. So far I am having a blast again... Uo hasnt been the same since you had to stop running for your life from Reds. Now I feel like a newbie again and I need some help setting up my skill set to be sucessfull on seige. I have 2 accounts one will be a crafter only and the other I have started a fighter on. Skills include swords, anat, resist, parry, and magery for gates.... I know that Siege is very different from the Prodo shards so what will best finish out this char. I want to be able to hold my own in PvP , once I learn some and die several 100 times I am sure. Right now I am in NEW trying to train this char up to all 70s then work the RoT until hes done. Any help would be appreciated

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
keep at it, dont give up all teh advice i can give you... and choose wisely who you align yourself with here some people cant seem to understand the concept of socialzing with other players... the reason we play this game im pretty sure

so you will most likly be judgde on ur choice in guild forever on siege... we are a small community that all know each other inside and out.

best of luck tho

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

so you will most likly be judgde on ur choice in guild forever on siege... we are a small community that all know each other inside and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know me inside out Muahahahahaha!

I

imported_Goron

I am not saying its a bad idea but.....
you may want to consider dropping magery. By focusing on more "fighter" skills you will either do more damage or take less damage. Magery will not really help complement your other skills. Unless you stick eval on and use magery for your healing and a complement to damage...

I know it sounds horrible having to walk or get a ride everywhere, but you should get over it quick. Assuming you join a guild, you may also be able to rely on your guildies for transportation.

Just my 2 cents.

G

I am already enjoying seeing UO on foot. Cant remember what most of it looked like after years of recalling everywhere

G

Good Deal, I had forgottin just how long it took to go from Brit to Skara on foot or even mounted for that matter. I definalty dont know where a lot of dungeon entrances are either used to just recall right to the entrance! Or say getting to the lost lands even. lol And Ive been playing a good couple years this time around so far.

In response to your question though, with the swords and parry You could consider using bushido, this has several advantages , with the bush parry combo you get a 40% chance to block using a two handed weapon verses 33% chance to block with a shield and parry skill alone. If you do go the bush route using a shield isnt as effective as using a two handed weapon, so keep that in mind as it somewhat limits your weapon choices.

Actually Everything I was about to tell you about Bushido is writtin in the guide and posted in the profession forums so do some research on Bush. One thing I will point out though is that by adding Bush your going to lower the amount of mana used on specials by 5 points whether your human or elvin.

Speaking of special moves and Damage output for that matter, you definatly have to have tactics on your template. I dont remember for sure but 120 tactics gives an additonal 67% base weapon damage increase, and you need 70 tact minimum to perform your primary ability, 90 tact to perform your secoundary ability.

On the other hand, poisoning would be fun! enough said, other then poisoning is a pain in the ass to gaine and a good deal of folks dont run there's at 100 or even 90 for that matter. It would also free up some points for you to put into magery to cast gate off scrolls.

Chivalry has its advantages and IMO is a great skill on Siege for one reason. Your opponents armour and equipment setup, or lack thereof for that matter. I cant imagine anyone running around completely jacked up in there best full 70's artie suit with all the important properties for there temp and playstyle capped out. So thats where the spell Consecrate comes in handy, hittin em where it hurts! And Devine fury to boost your own DI HCI and SSI as well as to refresh your stamina.

The Healing skill would be a good choice for obvious reasons.

I should mention hiding although I dont think it is an honorable skill for a warrior to have, although some believe it to be essential for survival on Siege.

So what Id go with is..., or..........
Swords 120, Swords 120
Tactics 120, Tactics 120
Anatomy 120, Anatomy 120
Parry 120, Parry 120
Resist 120, Healing 90(no failure)
Bushido 120, Poisoning 80 and 70 Magery to gate from scrolls

note: not 100% sure of the Chance to block with parry alone so you may want to dbl check that figure. oh and again on the base damage increase for tactics may not be correct either although it is a damage increase for either 100 tactics/anatomy or 120 tactics/anatomy heh sorry memorys not what it used to be

G

Thanks alot for the info, I am wondering though if I go the Bushido route do I still need Parry

G

LOL Nevermind I took your advice and read the sammy page and answered my own question. I am leaning towards adding bush to my template and maybe Chiv and dropping magery all together. At this point I am getting very used to wandering around Brit instead of recalling or gating.

G

well figuring out how to raise bushido is proving challenging. Since i cant buy the skill up to 25 how do I get there. I have checked every single vendor i can find for jewels to no avail

G

Ya Ive hit that same wall myself, just keep searching for them jewels and good luck, oh btw Im also a member of NEW atm, so hit me up we can train off eachother sometime.