• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player Looking for a Template

P

Pablo_DeLeon

I'm fairly new to Ultima Online, but I know I want to play a bard template. I'm trying to decide between the pure bard (mage/bard) template, and the archer bard. Right now I'm training towards mage/bard, but I die a lot, and I'm wondering if I wouldn't do better with an archer bard template. Do either of these templates have a higher learning curve?

I saw in the stickies that Poo indicates his archer bard is a lot of fun.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
everything is only as hard as you make it.

take for instance the archer bard.
you can use a normal instrament and a normal bow and go have fun.

or....

you can get a slayer instrament and go imbue up a custom bow for exactlly what you are hunting (slayer type, mana leech ect ect ect)

same with the normal bard mage.
you can wonder around naked and carry one NPC instrament.

or.....

you can build a uber elite suit that costs 100 mill and use slayers and a pair of bonded vollems ect ect ect.

the game is all about playing with what ya have and finding what is fun.

or do them both!

make one of each on 2 different shards!

P

Pablo_DeLeon

At this point I'm not even certain what bonded vollems are, but I am considering rolling one of each. Right now I am taking my current bard in the bard/mage direction, but I think I will roll a bard/archer also.

Thanks for the advice! :)

P

Pablo_DeLeon

Actually, this makes me curious; I wonder if anyone has tried a bard/necro template, and what such a template might look like.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
along those same lines.

look into a mystic bard.

i made one and i like it.
has lots of power.

cast a rising collususs(iussiss) thingy and then diso the baddies and use the cleansing winds to heal it.
drop some hail storms and such to assist it.

it works good.

oh ya, and put on the provo bard mastery inspire so the RC hits harder and better.

its a lot of fun.
that and making a 100 LRC, pure 70 suit with a TONNE of mods on it for a garg is super duper easy with imbuing.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I wonder if anyone has tried a bard/necro template, and what such a template might look like.
Adding necromancy to bard templates moves into the realm of hybrids where music plus one bard skill is used. These are built for specific purposes, and use specialized equipment, and so may/not fit a general playstyle. Two examples come to mind:

WraithPeacer
Necromancy/SpiritSpeak/Magery/EvalInt/Music/Peacemaking
Casting wither/earthquake area effects in wraith form. Area peace to evade the ensuing angry mobs when necessary, and create healing opportunities.

DiscoWarrior
Sampire template with music/discord replacing two skills.

Hope this gives you some good ideas.