• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New player - Expansion questions!

Clovah

Visitor
Hey guys, relatively new here, played for a bit about 5 or 6 years ago but was always caught up in other games, now I have decided to revisit the game since there is nothing else out there quite like it! I was wondering what the deal was with the expansions, how soon are they necessary etc.? I assume I should pick up the Stygian Abyss asap, but I wasn't really sure about the "value" of grabbing everything available. Also, does anyone know of any decent bundles that include all current content? I searched for a bit and only found what was available on the origin store... it just seems like a bit much to spend about $70 to be up to date in such an aging game! I don't mind the subscription fee, any mmo worth it's salt has one, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy all the other content at such a premium.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Stygian Abyss is a must. The newest expansion helps, but you can wait a bit longer to get it, unless you must have masteries on your characters.
Otherwise stick with only Stygian Abyss till you are sure you will keep on playing then get Time of Legends, and if you enjoy fishing, High Seas.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The client you install includes everything - getting the expansions will grant you access to certain things.

Getting the SA expansion will allow players to participate in the Abyss after taking the quest and give all the deco stuffs associated thereof.
Getting ToL will give you masteries and the few other perks listed.

Depending on your play style is if you will need anything else.

Insofar as "bundles" and purchasing - only Origin is the official source for items if you are buying online right now. Broadsword "might" be building their own store for these things - but no one knows for sure but Broadsword. If you buy from any other sources, you risk getting duped items which could be deleted without warning. Depending on the Shard you play, you might be able to get some of the in-game items via vendors and malls, but again, risk the dupe thing.

Clovah

Visitor
Thanks guys, I'll pick up stygian abyss - what are the masteries from ToL? The scrolls that let you go to say 120 in a skill? Also its a shame there is no bundle for all content, even if its around the same price as everything combined, I feel like having a one off package to get in game with everything would help quite a bit, I played for some before so I knew I loved the game, but its a bit of a shock to come out of the free trial and see that there is so much to buy for such an old game!