• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Patch For the SA Client

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cannot get object handles to work at all, and players are still not allowed to use the client in fel.
Other than that looks ok. Party fixes were neat I guess. Custom UIs definitely need work.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Custom UIs definitely need work.
Yep... reading through the patch notes I keep thinking "Delete this mod, tweak this mod, finally able to make that mod..."
Not even through the full list, and haven't had a chance to test things out yet, and I've already got a lengthy list of changes to make.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First of all...

PATCHURDAY!!!!!!!

Secondly, yep, expect a LOT of work needed on custom UIs... I'll have a big update for both Copper and Stone Enhanced as I go through the various issues, changes and additions.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I like the adjustable containers!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

People can add the adjustable backpack in Copper Enhanced and Stone Enhanced by simply deleting the container.xml file. I'll be redoing this file with the new one in the next update.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks Dermott, worked like a charm

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have a question about the map now, How do i change the default size of the map I used to have a nice small square map and now its huge even when i drag it down as small as it will go its almost 4 times the size as before?
I would like to drag the height to the size of the round one but be able to make it long!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ugh... the atlas sizes are ones I've been fighting for a WHILE now. NOT something I want to discuss :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its container.xml located in the source folder of copper enhanced thats where mine was

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*
There's a lot that this patch busted with the skins. Can't put clothes on if drag out and back onto your paperdoll.
Can't drag healthbars.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
is this in the default or just a custom or both?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

CointainerWindow.xml in the Source folder... being that it's the ONLY Container XML file in the mod, it's pretty hard to get wrong either way :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot get object handles to work at all, and players are still not allowed to use the client in fel.
Other than that looks ok. Party fixes were neat I guess. Custom UIs definitely need work.
Nope, I couldn't get object handles working either... and I don't see the key combination option under User Settings for that matter. Had a small problem with the Lucis interface too, so I'm alas back to Default UI for now...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And Object Handles are broken in both custon and default UIs... everyone start spamming thge ingame bug report!

D

Diggity

Good to hear on the obj handles. That and the ghost video bug I'm getting are the only major downers so far for me. Otherwise I think this patch is very nice update to the EC. Decors icon pack and the itemevaluator mods still work but I'll have to fiddle some with the containerwindow, mobilehealthbar and objecthandles some. If all the ec enhancements/fixes work as posted, this is a great patch. The resizable containers are awesome.

Was mildly disappointed that colored journal text is still not in. Have they ever acknowledged this? Even a "someday" or "it will never happen" statement?

J

[JD]

this patch broke a TON of things for me in the EC..

My pets (summoned RC) is no longer displayed, no idea how to even pull that up. Isn't it just supposed to be up?

Object handles is totally broken.

I can't pull the healthbars of any creatures - makes PVM hard and PVP harder without healthbars pulled.

very annoying

any fixes?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
fix going in tommorrow if all goes right is what was said

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Weee!!! Got the old fonts we had in BB_Enhanced in KR working in my test UI :) So far only hardcoded, which means we need to get a font-chooser program up and running :)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok so.... just messing around with my buddy on test, and while he cant spell trigger a spell he has. i mention obj handles. Turns out if you smack the hell out of ` tab caps shift ctrl the windows key and alt
you eventually get object handles up that wont leave til you minimize. Enjoy.

This message brought to you via Cear's Key-board smashing Rage.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really a shame! I could not test it for now, but this Felucca Bug is the worst bug in the whole client and got again IGNORED, it seems to be easy to intigrate it but fixing is hard, also the whole animation movement system is also a shame and was easy to intigrate and i think it also get IGNORED.

And now we have to wait another 6 - 8 weeks for another small patch, ahh by the way are the gloves, sleeves fixed?

J

[JD]

played in fel a bit last night and not being able to drag hotbars was nearly impossible to play my stealth archer... couldn't have bars pre-dragged for dismounts. had to target and dismount people running by on horseback.

this should have never made it to a live server.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this should have never made it to a live server.
Amen brother!! Like I said in another thread, I'm sure there are lots of UO players who would be more than happy to beta test these client patches before they make it to the production shards. Isn't there some way they can restrict the patches to the test shard(s)?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
JD And Gort do you two ever experiance the massive drop in framerate when you drag your mouse out of the game window into the black space?

Also I just noticed on my way to humility, The tree tops all blink and flicker grey when you pass under them. Looks bad.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't paid attention enough when dragging my mouse through the black areas to say for sure whether lags my game instance - have to check that more carefully tonight.

Another thing I noticed is that the fountains of life in my house used to flicker before this patch; now, they aren't visible at all!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't paid attention enough when dragging my mouse through the black areas to say for sure whether lags my game instance - have to check that more carefully tonight.

Another thing I noticed is that the fountains of life in my house used to flicker before this patch; now, they aren't visible at all!
lo..l... :(

Other bug i have noticed. some things appear ( first time you see them ) in their highlighted form.

I opened my vendor and all my SOTs and power scroll were dark, after mousing over them they reverted to their natural color.

Doing primeval lich the soul gems appeared in my pack small and discolored until i highlighted them

Also I confirm the blinking items. my whole house loaded fine aside from my dark wisp orbs. which were completly invisible.