• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Nox Mage I made isn't as fun as I thought

• Thread starter imported_Resu Cigam
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Resu Cigam

I play the following PVM Mage

120 Magery
100/100 Eval
100/100 Med
100 Hiding
112.2/115 Stealth
80 Poison

I recently hit 80 Poison and I thought I'd be having more fun being a nox mage, but most of the harder creatures seem immune to poison.

I have had some fun on Ogre Island in the Dungeon. I was also able to keep Lady M poisoned, but I don't really think that helped much.

Eventually, I was going to take off Hiding and Stealth, but I'm not sure what else will compliment Poison. Is Necro a good choice? Are there any other monsters to have fun with Poison? Should I try Doom with DP fields?

I

imported_GFY

I played a Nox Mage for a while and I found it wasn't for me either. Unless you do alot of champs or PVP and use a lot of poison fields, IMHO it isn't worth the effort. Necro Nox Mage might be something to try because the necro de-buffs make poison more effective.

I'm thinking about the following template:

Mage 120
Eval 120
Med 120
Resist 120
Ninja 120
Hiding 80
Stealth 100

I have a 720 base and the items to get the extra points. I keep thinking about throwing deadly poisoned shirkins and still having magery. Smoke bombs for defense, animal form to run away, stealth, shadow jumping. It just seems like a very good idea to me.

G

I had a template like that. It is very fun to play, but it's probably a better support/scout/PvM character than anything else. You have to be on foot to make the best use of your abilities and unfortunately and are hard pressed to keep up with people mounted. You can bola, but that also sacrifices your defense too.