• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Macro Idea

• Thread starter Richtor Darkbane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Should a "Suit/De-Suit" Macro Be An Option?

• Total voters
R

Richtor Darkbane

I would like to see a new macro in 2D client:

"Suit/De-suit"
This could be placed on a hot key like any other macro, and would work like the "Arm/Disarm" macro, it would either undress you, or dress you in the last suit of armor/clothing you were wearing.

So basically when you die you are able to put all your armor back on with a single key, instead of all that dragging, this would also eliminate the pesky problem of trying to find your jewelry and small pieces of armor that got buried under other items in your pack when you died.

(Please keep in mind this macro shouldn't give any unfair advantage, and should take 10-20 seconds to do just like when you drag the armor back on yourself.)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The KR client is what you seek as that is already in KR, item specific and works faster than the same macro in UOA.

Also you can set any number of full gear setups into a macro, associate and icon, put it on a hotbar and assign a hotkey for each "uniform" to change from A to B to C to A to D and so on with a single click or button press.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The KR client is what you seek as that is already in KR, item specific and works faster than the same macro in UOA.

Also you can set any number of full gear setups into a macro, associate and icon, put it on a hotbar and assign a hotkey for each "uniform" to change from A to B to C to A to D and so on with a single click or button press.
Yup, another reason why I use KR a lot for PvMing. PvPing, I haven't even attempted to use it yet, not planning on it any time soon. Too many sparklies, targeting system isn't as easy as the Legacy client (for me, but then I haven't experimented with it much. I'm sure I could learn it fairly quickly if I take the time.)

R

Richtor Darkbane

Well it's not an option in 2D, and every player has a choice of which client they want to play with, I choose 2D for a few reasons:

1. I play on dial-up and the 2D client works much faster for me.
  2. The KR client is unfinished, not all items work properly.
  3. I'm used to 2D, I have been using it for the past 10 years and frankly I just prefer it over KR.

So I guess let me rephrase, that I would like to see this macro in 2D.

D

D'Amavir

Well it's not an option in 2D, and every player has a choice of which client they want to play with, I choose 2D for a few reasons:

1. I play on dial-up and the 2D client works much faster for me.
  2. The KR client is unfinished, not all items work properly.
  3. I'm used to 2D, I have been using it for the past 10 years and frankly I just prefer it over KR.

So I guess let me rephrase, that I would like to see this macro in 2D.
I believe they said something about integrating UOAssist with UO. So you may be getting that macro you are looking for in 2D. I bought UOA years and years ago so I am already spoiled by that macro and many others.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe they said something about integrating UOAssist with UO. So you may be getting that macro you are looking for in 2D. I bought UOA years and years ago so I am already spoiled by that macro and many others.
I thought they also said they were not planning on changing the 2D UI.

D

D'Amavir

I thought they also said they were not planning on changing the 2D UI.
It might be that they are going to merge UOA with UO so that you get it without having to pay an extra charge. They wouldn't technically be changing the UI that way, just opening up more users to the opportunity to use UOA.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell yes! I hate equiping manually if I cannot get my body and even if I can get it I still have to equip anything blessed.

R

RenaLynne

Why not be able to suit up when you can equip weapon? It makes sense.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I don't use UOAssist.
Why not? It`s not like its overpriced or anything. Any gripes about the extra
charge to make the game more enjoyable is ludacris imo.I know I waste at LEAST $15 a week (let alone a month) on BS stuff that equates to throwing money in the toilet.

So that ONE time payment of $15 for UOA is well worth it if you don`t want to re-learn the entire game by goin with KR.

R

Richtor Darkbane

Why not? It`s not like its overpriced or anything. Any gripes about the extra
charge to make the game more enjoyable is ludacris imo.I know I waste at LEAST $15 a week (let alone a month) on BS stuff that equates to throwing money in the toilet.

So that ONE time payment of $15 for UOA is well worth it if you don`t want to re-learn the entire game by goin with KR.
I just don't like it, I had it on one account and it really didn't do anything for me that I couldn't do myself in UO. What's a bit ludicrous to me is that you would even have to consider paying for something to make the game more enjoyable. UO should be enjoyable on it's own without any other 3rd party programs-pro or not. Nothing against tugsoft but I just don't think you should have to add on any 3rd party programs to enjoy the game, it should offer that feature to all players, new and old.

I don't think a "Suit" macro is to much to ask in 2d, it's obviously possible because we have the "arm/disarm", and also your armor gets automatically re-equipped when you loot your body.