• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New letter from the Vesper gov

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a memo from the Vesper Gov GENERAL CHOAS

To all catskills citizens the glorious city of Vesper has opened a market/auction house just by the city and will be holding markets on the last day of the month for every month and auctions will be dated when the time comes. Merchants can set up there wares and such in this house to sell stuff from 7 pm to 9pm est. The cost will be 2k to have a booth and the fee will go to the vesper stone and anyone can sell things there from rares to resources whatever you think people will buy. There will be forges and anvils supplied incase a crafter needs to use one. have any questions or need to speak with me General Choas my icq is 673546163 or my assistant mare 179147280

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
General graciously reached out to me to help decorate the new place... its going to be lovely when I am done with it!

P.S. Every city should have a market in my opinion to help raise funds for the city buffs. No one has the "™" on city markets... there is room for everyone. And events do not have to be monthly either... like for example my Full Moon's Ball is every 3 months (missed March's cuz we all took a break so that's happening June). Think about spacing out a bit more to give others a chance to host events too.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see a market as a way to raise funds for the city buffs so much as a way to get people into the city. I'll continue to run mine on the third Saturday of every month as I have for the past several months, but I do wish Vesper luck with their market.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to get a small cart and travel from town to town selling my flowers and wares. Or was that Eliza Dolittle that did that?

Thom that amazing auction you held has left Yew with all the funds it needs for buffs for now. Just need to find the time in my life now to hold that wine tasting that Bianca suggested. I think some cheese will do nicely there.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is the gov wish that are market help are buff. and as a member of k^s we feel that it should not be just up to the gov to keep a buff going for all of us. we need to help him he is our gov and our guild member

Last edited:

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is the gov wish that are market help are buff. and as a member of k^s we feel that it should be just up to the gov to keep a buff going for all of us. we need to help him he is our gov and our guild member
I totally agree with this statement Mare, and I did not mean to derail this thread into a discussion on funding trade deals. We've been there done that to death.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to get a small cart and travel from town to town selling my flowers and wares. Or was that Eliza Dolittle that did that?

Thom that amazing auction you held has left Yew with all the funds it needs for buffs for now. Just need to find the time in my life now to hold that wine tasting that Bianca suggested. I think some cheese will do nicely there.
I'll be there with bells on... me lubs me wines!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clear any potential animosity which could be caused by the city of Vesper holding a monthly market, I will go ahead and clear a few things up.

The city of Vesper is holding a monthly Market to strengthen the community, not diminish it.

The city of Vesper Market does no wish to step on any proverbial toes of any of the other currently running markets, which is why it's date has been carefully considered and chosen to occur at a time which is the least likely to conflict with any other group's activities.

The city of Vesper Market just wants to allow another opportunity for players to get together, interact and maybe buy and sell a few wares.

The city of Vesper Market does not assume that any support given to the Vesper Market is to drain or deter support from any other Markets.

The city of Vesper Market it happy to receive all the help and support it can get.

If a group believes that the city of Vesper Market causes a conflict with their own event, I urge the group to reach out to the city of Vesper Market to resolve any scheduling issues.

The city of Vesper Market is very approachable and reasonable when it comes to hearing and resolving conflicts.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S will continue to support ALL player run events designed to positively help grow the community within Catskills and UO when we are able to invest our time in such activities after our priorities of real life and the functions of our own group of friends within UO are met to a satisfactory level.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S may not be able to show up to all of your events, or at least all of us in our entirety, but that does not mean that we do not wish to support those said activities.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S urge all who feel otherwise to contact us directly and not whisper behind the scenes of the RP community which could potentially draw up conclusions which might not be correct.

If anyone feels that the mere presence of the city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S or it Market provide a threat to the existence of other RP functions by simply existing and holding events, the city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S and it's Market regret to inform such parties that it will be too bad.

Signed,

Wild, Guild Leader of K^S

General Chaos, Governor of Vesper

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks just have to be flexible in scheduling things. I mean it wouldn't be a bad idea to rotate some things around as others have suggested in other threads with the taverns. The same could be done with a market... cycle through the many markets. I know at some point United Pirates will want to host their Black Market, they are after all the first ones to have an "in character" market and I know Pandy will want to host her Market Day at some point as well.

It just takes you folks working together and addressing issues with each other, not other people and have it play 'telephone' so by the end of it its completely misconstrued.

~ Sue.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just to clear any potential animosity which could be caused by the city of Vesper holding a monthly market, I will go ahead and clear a few things up.

The city of Vesper is holding a monthly Market to strengthen the community, not diminish it.

The city of Vesper Market does no wish to step on any proverbial toes of any of the other currently running markets, which is why it's date has been carefully considered and chosen to occur at a time which is the least likely to conflict with any other group's activities.

The city of Vesper Market just wants to allow another opportunity for players to get together, interact and maybe buy and sell a few wares.

The city of Vesper Market does not assume that any support given to the Vesper Market is to drain or deter support from any other Markets.

The city of Vesper Market it happy to receive all the help and support it can get.

If a group believes that the city of Vesper Market causes a conflict with their own event, I urge the group to reach out to the city of Vesper Market to resolve any scheduling issues.

The city of Vesper Market is very approachable and reasonable when it comes to hearing and resolving conflicts.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S will continue to support ALL player run events designed to positively help grow the community within Catskills and UO when we are able to invest our time in such activities after our priorities of real life and the functions of our own group of friends within UO are met to a satisfactory level.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S may not be able to show up to all of your events, or at least all of us in our entirety, but that does not mean that we do not wish to support those said activities.

The city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S urge all who feel otherwise to contact us directly and not whisper behind the scenes of the RP community which could potentially draw up conclusions which might not be correct.

If anyone feels that the mere presence of the city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S or it Market provide a threat to the existence of other RP functions by simply existing and holding events, the city of Vesper, it's Governor, Royal Guard, Navy and K^S and it's Market regret to inform such parties that it will be too bad.

Signed,

Wild, Guild Leader of K^S

General Chaos, Governor of Vesper
Had a wonderful time at your event last night Wild. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk