• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New laptop

L

Little Sadie

I am shopping for a new laptop. I think I have it done to the Dell Inspiron 1525 or the Studio 17. Anyone have any experience with either of these? This will also be my first time using Vista. TT is able to be played in a Vista system now, right? I would hate to put out the money only to have problems with my TTing. Any suggestions?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo Nice! Well first off, yes TT works fine with Vista now. I've heard about the Studio 17, looks like it has the bells and whistles you would want. I would at least aim for a minimum of 2GB of Memory, should run Vista well. They both look nice though.

L

Little Sadie

I chose 4GB memory on both of them. They also have 250GB hard drive, whatever that means. LOL! I am on the Dell website so I can build it myself and get what I want or think I might have to have. Does a sound card have to be upgraded? The Inspiron has a Sound Blaster Audigy, whatever that means. What about video cards? One comes with the Intel Graphics Media Accel. X3100. Does that sound good? I also chose the Bluetooth for both along with the mouse and headphones. Both sound good but wondering if one is indeed better then the other. They both come within $300 of each other.

L

Little Sadie

Wow! Can't help you but I envy your new laptop even if you haven't gotten it yet. :-D
I ordered it last night and can't wait for it to get here. My laptop now has had so many problems lately. Now it seems to shut down whenever it feels like it. It did it twice yesterday while training gags in buildings. I am going to be avoiding boss battles until I get it.